Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Superstore on Netflix

It’s on its 5th season and I’ve never heard of it so thought why not give it a try, about the day to day lives of the staff routine of running a superstore, starring America Ferrera, while it’s not exactly laugh out loud belly laughs it’s fun amusing and entertaining, started watching 3 days ago I’m half way through season 2, recommended. 8 out of 10.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 23rd January 2021, 10:59 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I recently watched the BBC series The Paradise (2012/13)

About the first English department store. The series is an adaptation of Émile Zola's 1883 novel Au Bonheur des Dames

Set in Northumberland in 1875 with a good cast, fun characters (as well as some rather dark ones) and an enjoyable storyline, the sixteen hour long episodes flew by.

To be honest i doubt it will be up the street of many Labbers, but anyone who liked Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Lark Rise to Candleford and Cranford should find something to enjoy here.

I find things like this the perfect antidote to a life of horror and cult movies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 815uDKv-UXL._RI_.jpg (88.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 25th January 2021, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

With the passing of Mira Furian have started Babylon 5. Also watched Harley Quinn this has too be my favourite Dc show it's so rude , crude and very violent , never seen a show that the F Bomb is dropped so much.

Just started watched Hammer House of Horror.

Old 25th January 2021, 10:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Buffy season 1, The Witch (top episode), Newsradio (season 1, pilot, still cracking comedy) and Father Ted Season 1 (The Passion of St Tiberus).
Cracking 90s telly.
Old 26th January 2021, 12:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching superstore got to admit it’s first time I’ve actually fully enjoyed an American comedy series, I tend to struggle with American comedy shows,
Not 100% sure why, but at same time feel the acting a different style from the British comedies, American comedy it’s like their trying to be funny and the jokes are forced upon you, where as British flow natural and effortless, it’s like comparing original ghostbusters to the female version, and always feel American comedies they have to have one person with an annoying or stupid voice.
Old 26th January 2021, 09:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, maybe something like the rather silly Mr Show then? That's not particularily "American" imho.

Ahem.

Oh In Colour

Sketch show from the Milligan. Not sure if I know of this one, but it bridges a gap betwixt Qs, so that's good enough for me. Not for millenials.
Six parter. The core support aptly shoring up the more ragged elements
A nice find. Happy Happy Demon.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th January 2021, 09:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

Oh In Colour

Sketch show from the Milligan. Not sure if I know of this one, but it bridges a gap betwixt Qs, so that's good enough for me. Not for millenials.
Six parter. The core support aptly shoring up the more ragged elements
A nice find. Happy Happy Demon.
Andy?
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 26th January 2021, 10:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spike cough

A tv show done by AM .....

"The Minivers Next Door"
Mr Wilson has more to worry about when this lot move into his vicinity .... one's awfy hairy, the lady of the house seems awfy pale , and they never ever shut up

I'll get me cloak .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th January 2021, 09:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Cobra Kai Season 3

Following on from the Season 2 Finale School Brawl between Cobra Kai and Miyagi Do (Which somehow went on seemingly forever without any Law Enforcement showing up) which sees a Karate Ban (Referred to as a Karate Footloose) and the war continuing between the rival groups.

Johnny is trying to help Miguel walk again whilst trying to help his Son. He also is trying to re-establish his Dojo and re-connects with Ally.

Daniel is trying to save Robbie and his Car Dealership. In doing so, he travels to Japan and re-connects with an old flame and an enemy.

We also see how John Kreese came to be the way he is whilst making his students meaner.

This is the show I didn't think I wanted but after watching this Season, I NEED SEASON 4, whoever thought of this show is a genius, what a stroke of inspiration.

Full of Easter Eggs and nostalgic moments, it's enough to make me smile. Great performances all round especially from Martin Kove (I do like him) he almost makes Kreese sympathetic but has he's great at portraying the nastier side of him.

With Season 4, I'm expecting it be focusing mainly on this All Valley Championship and the possible return of Terry Silver (Was he the person Kreese was speaking to on the phone?)
Old 28th January 2021, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Superstore, it's a sitcom so you have to watch it in order to follow it, not like some comedies where each episode different and unrelated.

I've been binging on this for the past week or so, it's only 20min per episode, I'm now edging towards ending of season 5, ( we'll halfway through) season 6 is the last and final series, Netflix hasn’t got that yet only 5 seasons, I’ve highly enjoyed this been fun, amusing, and entertaining with a lot of likeable characters, ok at times slightly ott but not ruined by being too ridiculous either, but that's clearly for the comedy effect, but at same time you could probably say ive worked with someone like that, it's clearly a Mickey take of American walmarts, while it does focus on a lot characters the main focus is 4 characters, Jonah and Amy, Dina and Garret. Recommended,
By Sunday night I’ll have to find something new to binge on.

Like this? Share it using the links below!