LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2021, 03:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Curb is nothing like Friends

It makes me laugh for a start
No, I'm fully aware of that, because I was referring to American comedies I used friends as an eg because of how well known and popular it is.
Old 29th January 2021, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now I'm perusing Without Warning (1994), which is another "mockudrama" cough.
Great cast!
Malcolm's mum (Malcolm In The Middle ahem!) AND Q fae ST:TNG !!!!
Ahem.
Nae spoilers please as I'm halfway through hahaha.
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th January 2021, 09:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Some many throw backs in this season it was amazing the show keeps going from strength to strength really hope they can keep it up.
TBH, I think it's got a couple of more Season's in it before it jumps the shark. I hope I'm wrong though.

I was thinking about who they could bring back, I was thinking:

Terry Silver (I think this is a given for Season 4)
Dutch = What's Chad McQueen up to
Hillary Swank = If they want to incorporate The Next Karate Kid
Old 29th January 2021, 09:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I finished Cobra Kai this week too, I loved it. Highlights of season 3 were the Dee Snider concert, Hawk having a change of heart, Kreese's flashbacks and the very last scene at Miyagi-do which might have brought a little tear to my eye.

Over all, the episodes that bring Daniel and Johnny together (without fighting) are some of the funniest things on TV. Also Johnny's one liners like "I don't have Facebook any more I threw my smart phone away"
What are your thoughts about all episodes released at once. TBH, I preferred The Boys approach of doing 1 episode a week as a weakness of mine is that if it's there, I have to watch it to avoid spoilers.

For me, it then gives you time to do other things and anticipate. Also it doesn't mean that to get through it all, I'm not skipping scenes to get all the episodes done with.
Old 29th January 2021, 09:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Your observation about law enforcement rings true with my viewing experience. There were moments during season three (and previously) when I couldn't believe the police weren't involved.

For this season, the incident when one character has their arm broken would certainly see his attacker arrested, tried for actual bodily harm, and probably sued in a civil case.

Also, I imagine a real life Cobra Kai would be investigated by the FBI for domestic terrorism and classified as a dangerous cult!
Yeah it's certainly annoying but as I love this show, I'll let it slide.
Old 29th January 2021, 09:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Poirot.

Jeremy Brett and David Suchet will never be bettered in their respective roles. Brett is Holmes and Suchet is Poirot!

Started the X-Files from the beginning.
Old 30th January 2021, 09:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
What are your thoughts about all episodes released at once. TBH, I preferred The Boys approach of doing 1 episode a week as a weakness of mine is that if it's there, I have to watch it to avoid spoilers.

For me, it then gives you time to do other things and anticipate. Also it doesn't mean that to get through it all, I'm not skipping scenes to get all the episodes done with.
I prefer the weekly release approach to be honest, it was a breath of fresh air with The Mandalorian. I binged the entire 3 seasons of Cobra Kai over 2 weeks and now I have a year to wait!

I'm going to have to watch Karate Kid 3 to fill the gap...
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th January 2021, 04:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

@Treb and anyone else interested in Poirot.

6pm tonight Pointless Celebrities Drama Special with Hugh Fraser (Capt Hastings) and Philip Jackson (The Chief Inspector Japp).
Old 30th January 2021, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first three episodes of All Creatures Great and Small.

Horse Sense

Young vet James herriot whom just passed his exams arrives in th Yorkshire Dales and becomes assistant vet too Siegfried Farnon and is introduced to the local population both human and animal.

Dog Days

Siegfrieds brother Tristan ( Peter Davison)arrives back from collage having failed his exams, Sigfried rules over with a iron hand. James meets Mrs Pumphrey and her dog Tricki Woo for the first time.

It takes all kinds.

Siegfried hires a accountant which he soon regrets, James becomes friends with Mrs Pumphrey and Tricki but ends up persuading her to let him take Tricki Woo whom who she is killing with kindness. James also meets Helen for the first time. This was a very funny episode and my favourite of the three.

This was a superb heart warming series with fantastic series a great cast and wonderful charcaters. the chemistry between The three main stars is brillant.

As a kid this was a favourite of my mother's but I just looked as if and thought it looked extremely boring and was a " mother's " program how wrong I was. A wonderful throw back to a more innocent time.

Last edited by trebor8273; 30th January 2021 at 08:42 PM.
Old 1st February 2021, 01:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bonfire of destiny,

Netflix, a French period drama,

Most people say it's best to watch in its original setting foreign language with subtitles because the English dialogue is a bit ropey, Sam won't watch subtitles so didn't have much choice to watch it in English,

Some spoiler alerts without giving away to much ��

It claims to be a true story the fire is true, but from what I gather rest of it isn't,

It's based on the aftermath of a genuine event of 1897 when there was a huge and terrible fire at a charity event in Paris which claimed the lives of 125 people, most of whom were aristocratic ladies.

The story mainly revolves around the lives of three women who survived the fire:

Alice who is supposed to get married to a man that she despises because when the fire broke he like rest of the men pushed all the women to one side as if their worthless to try and save themselves,
She falls in love with a anarchists who accused of causing the fire when in fact he helps save people from it,

Adrienne who people think she been killed in the fire goes into hiding as an excuse to escape from her evil husband,
he also the one who pulling all the strings and control people to cover up his evil past,

Rose who survived the fire but is badly burnt but stolen by a women who tries to pass her of as her daughter,

It's about the French aristocracy, wealth, the class system and revolution, and how the men rule the women in La Belle Epoch's Paris.
corruption, murder, deception and love,

it's very well made, acted and beautifully shot,
Plenty of going on with some twist and turns along the way,

But it's the very first episode which is very memorable, gripping and stunningly shot in the way it showing the fire burning out of control people running and fearing for their lives, it's not a short scene it's around 20 min long to pull you in and give you the real claustrophobic feel and danger of what it must have been like to be stuck in there,

It's very easy to binge-watch because as soon as one episode finished you want to start the next one asap.

Tv drama at it's utmost finest and highly recommended watch

Like this? Share it using the links below!