Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2021, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished Cheers , in last two seasons Rebecca burns down the bar, Fraiser gets divorced and trys to commit suicide , Cliff could be a father , woody becomes a city council man , Norman gets a job and the great evil that is Dianne returns to Cheers.

Also finished Hannibal , while the third was not on par with the first two seasons it was still very enjoyable , at the end of the day it really a twisted love story.

Watching firefly and just started watching this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 8th March 2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old 8th March 2021, 07:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thriller. 1973

Lady Killer.

An American female alone on holiday in England meets another hotel guest, and strike up a friendship that leads to marriage unaware what fate beholds her.
Starring Robert Powell, Barbara Feldon. T.P. McKenna
lady_killer_03.jpg

Possession.

Ray and Penny Burns buy a cottage, with the central heating on the brink, they find out a previous owner disappeared, with a help of a psychic they try to uncover the secrets of the house.
Starring John Carson, Joanna Dunham, Hilary Hardiman, James Cossins.
MV5BMjU5NWM0MjAtY2IwNy00OTFjLTlmOTQtYWJkZTZiYjk3ZTRkL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDQ3NTQwMg@@.jpg

Someone At The Top Of The Stairs.

Two young students rent a room in a house, some of the other residents seem friendly but strange but who is in the attic room?
Starring Donna Mills, Judy Carne, Francis Wallis.
MV5BODRmNjgwMTEtNDIxMS00YWQ5LWI2NWItN2NlMjc1YmU0NmEwL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDQ3NTQwMg@@.jpg

Anatomy Of Terror.

American Businessman Brad and his wife Suzy visiting London for the first time, Brad feels he has been there before with a woman called Theresa and tries to uncover why he know's so much.
Starring Paul Burke, Polly Bergen, Dinsdale Landen.
p4343_i_h11_aa.jpg

The Carnation Killer.

Julie Marsh is given a task to deliver a case full of money to a client along with paperwork, she can recognise the man by his carnation. Arthur Page is a serial killer with a fascination with carnation flowers who has escaped police custody, will Julie be in danger?
Starring Norman Eshley, Katherine Schofield, Derek Smith.
MV5BYWY5MGFmNjEtOTBmMC00MmY1LWE1Y2YtMjhhYjczOGE4MGVmL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDQ3NTQwMg@@.jpg

Murder In Mind.

Betty Drew wonders into a police station to confess about a murder she can't remeber, her husband George a famous crime novelist collects her, the police think she is recalling a plot from her husband's new book but a rookie detective thinks differently.
Starring Richard Johnson, Zena Walker, Donald Gee.
hqdefault.jpg

So far I have enjoyed these episodes, they are intriguing and quite suspenseful mixed with some good decent acting, with a mix of American and British acting, after each episode there is alterante opening and closing credits which were made to appeal to American audiences.
Old 9th March 2021, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Catching up with Wellington Paranormal, the "police procedural" spin off from What We Do In The Shadows .
Very silly stuff again with our intrepid trio (plus one ...)
Recommended.
I look forward to the third series.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th March 2021, 07:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thriller. 1973.

A Place To Die.

Doctor Bruce Nelson and his wife Tessa relocate to a small village as the new local doctor, at first the villagers appear friendly but hide a darker secret.
Starring Alexandra Hay, Bryan Marshall, Lila Kaye, Glenn Edwards.
a place to die.jpg

File It Under Fear.

A strangler on the loose killing young women, a young librarian tries to provide the clues as who it may be.
Starring Maureen Lipman, Richard O'Callaghan, John Le Mesurier.
File-It-Under-Fear-1000.jpg

The Eyes Have It.

At a school for the blind, and a V.I.P. passing through on a parade, terrorists posing as the plumbers take advantage of a point that will lead to the parade, can the blind lead the blind to save the day?
Starring Dennis Waterman, Alun Armstrong, Peter Vaughn, Sinead Cusack.
the eyes have it.jpg

Spell Under Evil.
After the death of his wife, Tony is encouraged to find happiness again, he places a add in a lonely hearts bureau, he is paired with a woman called Clara. soon after they are married Tony begins to show symptoms his wife had before she died.
Starring Diane Cilento, Edward De Souza,
thriller-spell-of-evil.jpg

Season one of this completed and tragic that I have never thought of buying this boxset till now fairly good programmes just a shame they don't make them like this anymore.
Old 9th March 2021, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just as brilliant as the first time I watched it, highly enjoyable with a great cast and Tennant and Sheen are just brilliant together , you can feel the chemistry between the two stars, who light up the screen when together. Tennant, Sheen and Queen what's not too like! 10/10
Old 10th March 2021, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thriller: Season 2.

Only A Scream Away.

Newly wedded couple Robert and Samantha are exiting the church when paint is thrown at Samantha, Robert puts it off as a cruel prank. After arriving from their honeymoon they find stuff smashed and believe someone holds a grudge against them.
Starring David Warbeck, Hayley Mills, Gary Collins, Joyce Carey.
only a scream.jpeg

Once The Killing Starts.

College professor Michael Lane begins a affair with a student, he plots to kill his wife and have the perfect alibi, when he commits the crime and believes he has got away with it, he now starts to receive letters that someone knows what he did, but who saw him?
Starring Patrick O'Neal, Angharad Rees, Michael Kitchen, Gerald Sim.
once the killing.jpg

Kiss Me And Die.

When his brother vanishes, Robert travels from a America and finds his brother's last location. His investigation leads him to a sinister Jonathan, a man obsessed by Edgar Allan Poe stories.
Starring Jenny Argutter, Anton Diffring, George Chakris.
kiss me and die.jpeg

One Deadly Owner.

Fashion model Helen buys a new car Rolls Royce, she seems to think the car has a mind of it's own, when a news report on the car radio reports of a shooting that happened three months earlier, she goes to find the previous owner.
Starring Donna Mills, Jeremy Brett, Robert Morris.
one deadly owner.jpeg

Ring Once For Death.

Laura Valance returns to England after her husband's death, knowing little people she decides she wants time to grieve, she hires a butler Roger Masters but he seems to have sinister motives.
Starring Michael Jayston, Nyree Dawn Porter, Barry Nelson.
ring once for death.jpg

K Is For Killing.

After a failed assassination attempt on a business tycoon, Sunny Garrick hires private detective duo Suzy and Arden Buckley to look into who is trying to kill his father David.
Starring Gayle Hunnicutt, Stephen Rea, Christopher Cazenove,
k is for killing.jpg

Sign It Death.

Tracey Conway sets her sights on marrying the perfect man, she sets her eyes on Richard Main, she starts working as a secretary, and she may resort to murder if anyone gets in her way.
Starring Francesca Annis, Patrick Allen, Edward Judd,
sign it death.jpg

Who Killed Lamb.

Octavius Lamb, a popular member of Oxford community is found dead, as the police look into his death they uncover some secrets.
Starring Stanley Baker, Dennis Lill, Barbara Leigh-Hunt, Peter Sallis
1581e4b2ea1de0d2e6cc9bf0ed51d8c3--stanley-baker-lamb.jpg.

This season was interesting as it's more based on suspense and tension, K is For Killing added in some comedy that was played well with the private detective duo, Kiss Me and Die added in some nice bit of Gothic element and Poe stories.
Old 11th March 2021, 12:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thriller: Season 3.

A Coffin For The Bride.

Mark Walker, a businessman marrying wealthy ladies and murdering them catches a glimpse Stella his next victim, he is slowly falling for her, can he change his ways before a solicitor catches up to him?
Starring Michael Jayston, Helen Mirren.
A coffin.jpg

I'm The Girl He Wants To Kill.

Ann returns to her flat and finds her neighbour dead, the latest victim of a serial killer, Ann believes she is the next target until the police believe they have the right man.
Starring Tony Selby, Julie Sommars, Robert Lang,
hqdefault (1).jpg

Death To Sister Mary.

Penny a soap actress meets Mr Rook who wants to start a fan club for her character Sister Mary and goes to desperate lengths to protect her.
Starring Robert Powell, Jennie Linden, Georhe Maharis.
sister mary.jpg

In The Steps Of A Dead Man.

After the death of their son Tommy who died in the army, George and Betty Cornfield welcome Martin into their house after he said he was a friend of Tommy. Martin warms his way in to their lives and Tommy's girlfriend, but why are the Military Police looking for Martin?
Starring John Nolan, Richard Vernon, Faith Brook.
in the shoes.jpg

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are.

American tourist Cathy More makes enquiries about her cousin at the hotel where she is staying but not can recall seeing her, is Cathy loosing her mind or are the owners hiding something?
Starring John Carson, Lynda Day George, Peter Jeffrey.
come out.jpg

The Next Scream You Hear.

Bernard Peel is accused of killing his wife, he declares his innocence but the evidence is against him and seeks help from a man he met at a party,
Starring Christopher George, Richard Todd, Dinsdale Landen.
thriller-the-next-scream-you-hear.jpg

This was a decent season with one or two of the stories having the same ending we have seen before but certainly the acting is always good and a return of a character Mathew Earp from season 1, there is a lot of suspense well built up in the episodes along with some good twists.
Old 11th March 2021, 12:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching Community, which was funnier than I expected.

Also saw this Momma Named Me Sheriff ... which has to be the strangest spinoff I've ever seen.
Loved Mr Pickles but never saw this character as anything more than an annoyance. Hmmm. Was only 6 episodes.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th March 2021, 02:18 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Been watching Community, which was funnier than I expected.
It is funny, goes downhill on the last seasons..
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 11th March 2021, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, I'm halfway through the second series now, very silly in places (the Xmas episode ) so am happy demon at the moment .... noted all the same ...

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!