All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2021, 02:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't posted on here as frequently as I should, so this is the post in which clear my backlog thing last month!

Ash vs. Evil Dead – I watched all three seasons of this, a show I have seen once before and think I enjoyed more on second viewing than the first. The blend of horror and comedy works very well, the characters are well-developed, and it kept me interested and engaged throughout. If you have Netflix, it's on there and is well worth watching (or re-watching).

Trump Takes on the World – Another miniseries about the turbulent presidency of Donald J. Trump. Like the previous one I watched and recommended (The Trump Show), this has a wide range of contributors to give as broad an insight into Trump's run at the presidency all the way through to the 2020 election and Biden's inauguration. I found it very informative and it should be of interest to anyone with a passing interest in US politics.

Taskmaster: Series 7 – Although it isn't my favourite season so far, it's one with great rapport between the five contestants (James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang, and Rhod Gilbert) and presenters (Greg Davies and Alex Horne). I was only previously aware of three of the contestants (Acaster, Wang, and Gilbert) but still found it funny and easy watching, something which is very binge-worthy and I'll start watching the eighth series this month.

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Ninth Season – Great TV, superbly written, brilliantly acted, and cleverly directed. It's a show where the premise hasn't dated and I've since bought the tenth season to watch and enjoy a second time.

Behind Her Eyes – I haven't read the book on which this is based but I don't think that matters. The six episodes cover the story and character arcs in enough depth and, when it finished, I didn't feel shortchanged. I actually watched the first series of Unforgotten and then watched this again. It's something that warrants a second viewing, an experience which is unlike the first.

Unforgotten: Seasons 1-3 – My parents recommended I watch this and I'm grateful for their good taste! Each series deals with a historical murder and, unusually for a police procedural TV show, introduces all the characters, from police to suspects in the first episode. This means you are aware of people who will be questioned for murder when the victim's identity and cause of death haven't yet been determined. Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar are a great double act as DCI Cassie Stuart and DS Sunny Khan, respectively, and the supporting cast in each series, from Trevor Eve, Bernard Hill, Ruth Sheen, and Tom Courtenay in the first series to Mark Bonnar (a Scottish BAFTA award-winning performance) in the second series and Alex Jennings, James Fleet, Neil Morrissey, and Kevin McNally in the third series, are uniformly excellent.

Snowpiercer – Before watching the second season, I re-watched the first and then went straight onto the second season. I think it held my attention as well as the first time I watched it, though I did enjoy the greater exploration of the train, the dynamics between Snowpiercer and Big Alice, a supply train which introduced at the end of the first series. I wouldn't be surprised if a third season is commissioned because there is scope to explore the world and bring the story to a definitive and fitting conclusion.
I quickly glanced at that and at first look I though it said Tramp takes on the world
Old 1st April 2021, 03:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I haven't posted on here as frequently as I should, so this is the post in which clear my backlog thing last month!

Ash vs. Evil Dead – I watched all three seasons of this, a show I have seen once before and think I enjoyed more on second viewing than the first. The blend of horror and comedy works very well, the characters are well-developed, and it kept me interested and engaged throughout. If you have Netflix, it's on there and is well worth watching (or re-watching).
I watched all this back to back and thought it became too repetitive following the first series. When i re-watch it i plan on doing a series every few months.

I'm currently watching season 3 of Agents of SHIELD. Saw the midway point episode Parting Shot and i actually had a tear in my eye at the finale when Hunter and Morse are in the bar and not allowed any more contact with SHIELD, but the rest of the team are also there buying them drinks as parting shots.

It worked really nicely on an emotional level but when they can basically do anything with so much at their disposal it also kind of felt like a forced exit for the two characters, especially seeing as the whiny Fitz and Simmons are still there.

Agents of SHIELD is a fun watch but it's not what i'd call unmissable viewing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg agents-of-shield-1152215.jpeg (33.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 1st April 2021, 03:06 PM
Cult Veteran

There are so many shows I want to watch but I find it so hard to juggle my time enough to watch a TV show and watch a film, it's one or the other. I really do want to get to watch the 3rd season of Star Trek Discovery soon though

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st April 2021, 03:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
There are so many shows I want to watch but I find it so hard to juggle my time enough to watch a TV show and watch a film, it's one or the other. I really do want to get to watch the 3rd season of Star Trek Discovery soon though
I tend to watch something early on in the evening be it a movie, football, Poirot etc then watch a movie and two episodes of something else later - So far those episodes this year have been all Breaking Bad, season one of Pennyworth and two thirds of season three of Agents of SHIELD.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 1st April 2021, 03:18 PM
Cult Veteran

I should do the same I get off work around now and I wont start on dinner for at least 90 mins, could easily watch a show

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th April 2021, 04:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Inspired by recent posts, I've been watching the odd episode of Thriller at "tea time", so to speak ahem. Some crackers including another folk horror delight with Diana Dors ahem.
I digress.

Watched Shooting Joe Exotic, Theroux's latest backtrack effort. We get to see unused footage from his initial encounter ... odd to see LT in such a reflective mood ....

Less demanding than some of his work.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 8th April 2021 at 07:45 PM.
Old 8th April 2021, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My day tends to be busy so my best time to watch tv or film is at night time or between 2 and 5 when same having a lie down due to her illness, tv wise other week binge-watched line of duty, now caught up excellent series.

Last edited by gag; 8th April 2021 at 06:54 PM.
Old 8th April 2021, 05:51 PM
Cult Master

Quote:

Trump Takes on the World – Another miniseries about the turbulent presidency of Donald J. Trump. Like the previous one I watched and recommended (The Trump Show), this has a wide range of contributors to give as broad an insight into Trump's run at the presidency all the way through to the 2020 election and Biden's inauguration. I found it very informative and it should be of interest to anyone with a passing interest in US politics.

Taskmaster: Series 7 – Although it isn't my favourite season so far, it's one with great rapport between the five contestants (James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang, and Rhod Gilbert) and presenters (Greg Davies and Alex Horne). I was only previously aware of three of the contestants (Acaster, Wang, and Gilbert) but still found it funny and easy watching, something which is very binge-worthy and I'll start watching the eighth series this month.

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Ninth Season – Great TV, superbly written, brilliantly acted, and cleverly directed. It's a show where the premise hasn't dated and I've since bought the tenth season to watch and enjoy a second time.

Behind Her Eyes – I haven't read the book on which this is based but I don't think that matters. The six episodes cover the story and character arcs in enough depth and, when it finished, I didn't feel shortchanged. I actually watched the first series of Unforgotten and then watched this again. It's something that warrants a second viewing, an experience which is unlike the first.

Unforgotten: Seasons 1-3 – My parents recommended I watch this and I'm grateful for their good taste! Each series deals with a historical murder and, unusually for a police procedural TV show, introduces all the characters, from police to suspects in the first episode. This means you are aware of people who will be questioned for murder when the victim's identity and cause of death haven't yet been determined. Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar are a great double act as DCI Cassie Stuart and DS Sunny Khan, respectively, and the supporting cast in each series, from Trevor Eve, Bernard Hill, Ruth Sheen, and Tom Courtenay in the first series to Mark Bonnar (a Scottish BAFTA award-winning performance) in the second series and Alex Jennings, James Fleet, Neil Morrissey, and Kevin McNally in the third series, are uniformly excellent.

Snowpiercer – Before watching the second season, I re-watched the first and then went straight onto the second season. I think it held my attention as well as the first time I watched it, though I did enjoy the greater exploration of the train, the dynamics between Snowpiercer and Big Alice, a supply train which introduced at the end of the first series. I wouldn't be surprised if a third season is commissioned because there is scope to explore the world and bring the story to a definitive and fitting conclusion.
I love taskmaster hilarious show one of the greatest episodes ever was with Joe Wilkinson got the hole in one with the potateo Robbed he was
Old 8th April 2021, 05:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of chips and just finished season 3 of the X-Files.

Been watching BoBs burgers on Disney plus. Great show , their oldest daughter is just so disturbing and creepy , future serial killer while the youngest is a Bond villain in the making.
Demoncrat and Graveyard like this.
Old 8th April 2021, 06:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I watched the first two episodes of Peaky Blinders last night.

What a show. Something to sit and watch with the lights out and allow yourself to be totally immersed in post war Birmingham, 1919.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 8th April 2021 at 06:23 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!