Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

nosferatu42 8th April 2021 11:30 PM

I find it very hard to invest in a TV show because at one point they used to show the first few series on normal TV then take them off when they got popular and have it on Netflix or whatever.

Or you get really into a show and it gets cancelled, so now i'll just stick a film on and when its done it's done. Takes a lot less time and at least you get some sense of closure going on.

iank 9th April 2021 02:53 AM

I remember that happening with Pretty Little Liars, they showed season 1 on Channel 9 about 2010 or whenever it was and then never showed the rest! I eventually caught up with it again on DVD when it was on around season 6...:rolleyes:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th April 2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 649411)
I've never watched Peaky because it was one of those over-hyped shows and it annoys me when everyone is talking about it at work :lol: it's been long enough now to give it a go I think, if I ever get the time that is ;)

Made me laugh. You've never watched it. You could have watched them filming it if you'd left your apartment. They also filmed at Port Sunlight.

Another reason you'd like it - the soundtrack.

Nick Cave is very prominent (and does the opening and end credit song - Red Right Hand) plus so far i've heard a couple of White Stripes songs and i think Tom Waits, but the soundtrack after four episodes is mostly Cave and the Stripes.

Edit - Just seen this which lists everything - Arctic Monkeys, Sabbath, PJ Harvey... in fact it's the best soundtrack to any tv show i can think of.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/...k-music-songs/

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th April 2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649407)
I watched the first two episodes of Peaky Blinders last night.

What a show. Something to sit and watch with the lights out and allow yourself to be totally immersed in post war Birmingham, 1919.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Dem.

Justin101 9th April 2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649450)
Made me laugh. You've never watched it. You could have watched them filming it if you'd left your apartment. They also filmed at Port Sunlight.

Another reason you'd like it - the soundtrack.

Nick Cave is very prominent (and does the opening and end credit song - Red Right Hand) plus so far i've heard a couple of White Stripes songs and i think Tom Waits, but the soundtrack after four episodes is mostly Cave and the Stripes.

Edit - Just seen this which lists everything - Arctic Monkeys, Sabbath, PJ Harvey... in fact it's the best soundtrack to any tv show i can think of.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/...k-music-songs/

After our conversation about this kind of thing the other day I remembered another show that I have seen being filmed, Tin Star with Tim Roth in it. Right before the pandemic they were actually filming scenes right outside where I work.

As for Peaky Blinders, they film it up in the docks of North Liverpool where they still have the Victorian/Edwardian brickwork etc so I'd have to go out of my way to see they do that I'm afraid. I have seen the film crews working outside St George's Hall though for Fantastic Beasts, War of the Worlds and Batman.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th April 2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 649473)
After our conversation about this kind of thing the other day I remembered another show that I have seen being filmed, Tin Star with Tim Roth in it. Right before the pandemic they were actually filming scenes right outside where I work.

As for Peaky Blinders, they film it up in the docks of North Liverpool where they still have the Victorian/Edwardian brickwork etc so I'd have to go out of my way to see they do that I'm afraid. I have seen the film crews working outside St George's Hall though for Fantastic Beasts, War of the Worlds and Batman.

Which Batman?

Justin101 9th April 2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649476)
Which Batman?

The 'new' one that they've been filming for about 2 years :lol:

Nordicdusk 9th April 2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649417)
Having seen Breaking Bad this year for the first time...i liked it but it wasn't the ground breaking show it was hyped up to be. It was good but nothing amazing and i veered between loving and loathing every character bar Saul throughout the series.

I saw the first two series of Thrones years ago. Thought i'd get the rest once it had finished but as with The Walking Dead everyone seems to say it became worse as it went along so i won't bother now.

The final season of GoT is a kick in the balls to everyone who invested their time in watching it.

As for Breaking Bad its a good show but all i was hearing was it was the best show of all time it is far from that in my opinion. Entertaining but calm down :lol:

Nordicdusk 9th April 2021 03:36 PM

The final season for GoT was a joke nothing made any sense all this build up and they didnt know what to do one of the episodes thats supposed to have the biggest battle ever put on screen was shot so dark no one had any idea what was going on. I wont go too much into it because im sure there are people who want to watch it but it was a load of old bollox are 6 great seasons 10 episodes at an hour so 60 hours of peoples lives and then boom a big F**k you at the end.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th April 2021 04:12 PM

I was perfectly happy with the Game of Thrones final season! I thought it could have been (and perhaps should have been) 10 episodes long, but I don't have many quibbles with the character or narrative arcs.