Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demoncrat 10th April 2021 12:16 PM

:laugh:

Cats, maaaybe :lol:

Stay safe!!

Justin101 10th April 2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 649507)
No, we still await The Winds Of Winter ... whenever he be arsed to finish it ahem.

I honestly think that he's scared of the backlash now... The ending of GoT TV show was rushed and we all know it, the final arc could have worked if there was time given to let it grow naturally, instead we had all of the character development flipped on it's head for an unsatisfying ending. Yes I'm still salty and I have literally lost all enthusiasm I had for the series.

If he ever publishes the last books though I will read them, I really enjoyed the book series. If he hasn't finished during a year of pandemic related lockdowns I don't think he's ever going to finish it. Stephen King has published about 10 books (at least) since the last GoT book came out :lol:

Demoncrat 10th April 2021 09:40 PM

Why not use it as a chance of redemption then? Do away with the horrible memory of that last series anyhow ...

I can dream can't I?

iank 14th April 2021 09:06 PM

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia. The start of the Brett series. Superb production; looks stunning on Blu ray and Brett and Burke are perfect. On the downside I always found this pretty boring, esp as a first episode, and still do. The story's just not that interesting, and it all hinges on us (and Holmes) supposedly being so impressed by Irene. Yet she don't seem particularly remarkable to me, in her "cleverness". So she rumbles Holmes and takes off. Amazing. His plan was a long shot anyway and she was already paranoid because of so many attempts to steal the photo from her, so what's so extraordinary that she sussed him? It just doesn't work for me. The actress does a good job, but doesn't really live up to the voiceover telling us how stunningly beautiful she is either.
I reckon the Irene in Elementary was more impressive on all counts. :tongue1:

trebor8273 14th April 2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 649842)
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia. The start of the Brett series. Superb production; looks stunning on Blu ray and Brett and Burke are perfect. On the downside I always found this pretty boring, esp as a first episode, and still do. The story's just not that interesting, and it all hinges on us (and Holmes) supposedly being so impressed by Irene. Yet she don't seem particularly remarkable to me, in her "cleverness". So she rumbles Holmes and takes off. Amazing. His plan was a long shot anyway and she was already paranoid because of so many attempts to steal the photo from her, so what's so extraordinary that she sussed him? It just doesn't work for me. The actress does a good job, but doesn't really live up to the voiceover telling us how stunningly beautiful she is either.
I reckon the Irene in Elementary was more impressive on all counts. :tongue1:

She was a bit useless wasn't she! The versions of her in Sherlock , the Guy Ritchie films and elementary where all superior in my eyes and all a lot prettier.

Nordicdusk 15th April 2021 06:01 PM

With the talk lately about Peaky Blinders i gave it a go i have to say Sam Neill is fantastic. A fantastic show so far and getting better.

Justin101 15th April 2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 649920)
With the talk lately about Peaky Blinders i gave it a go i have to say Sam Neill is fantastic. A fantastic show so far and getting better.

I started it too, only 2 eps in and the 2nd one was much better, will watch another later. Only thing that's bothered me so far was Cillian's brummie accent is a bit wishy washy.

Nordicdusk 15th April 2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 649922)
Only thing that's bothered me so far was Cillian's brummie accent is a bit wishy washy.

Yeah i agree It dips in and out a lot Sam Neill is pretty spot on with his accent.

Rik 15th April 2021 06:32 PM

Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show!

Speaking of fantastic shows, I’m working my way through Sons of Anarchy again, currently on the season 3 finale, even though I obviously know what happens, it’s still gripping :nod:

gag 15th April 2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 649924)
Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show!

Speaking of fantastic shows, I’m working my way through Sons of Anarchy again, currently on the season 3 finale, even though I obviously know what happens, it’s still gripping :nod:

Never seen either, so many shows I just haven’t seen,
Breaking bad
Lost
GOT .