All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2021, 09:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sleepwalker (1984)

A grim little ditty from director Saxon Logan. When a couple visit another couple, supposedly best friends but you really wouldn't know it from their attitudes towards one another, who begin bickering whilst at a restaurant taking it further when they reach the couples home as their differing morals and social thinking becomes a game of drunken sexual one up man ship eventually taking the film into something of a slasher territory during the last ten minutes with bloody effect.

This has a really good cast including Nickolas Grace, best known as the sheriff of Nottingham in tv's Robin of Sherwood, and Joanna Page. What starts as a bit of fun quickly descends into uncomfortable unease watching and listening to the four snipe at each other until Logan injects a definite Giallo influence into the finale.

Bizarre and disorientating, a classic piece of British weirdness.
Watched this a few years ago and really liked it. Very unnerving.
Old 21st May 2021, 09:25 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm now halfway through the fourth season of Game of Thrones, the fifth time I've watched them and it's as enjoyable as ever. Tyrion is about to go on trial for what happened at Joffrey's wedding and then there'll be the unforgettable showdown between the Mountain and the Viper.
Old 25th May 2021, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching this from the beginning , just started season 4.

Last edited by trebor8273; 25th May 2021 at 09:56 PM.
Old 26th May 2021, 10:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Must admit, I was quite amused to see that Sky Atlantic was showing an episode of Oz at 10.05 in the morning.

I'm pretty sure that it's uncensored 😉
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 26th May 2021, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just incase anyone not aware series 6 of inside no 9 is available on BBC Iplayer .
Old 26th May 2021, 07:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just incase anyone not aware series 6 of inside no 9 is available on BBC Iplayer .
I've seen the first three episodes. The first will take a few more viewings to fully appreciate because I was previously unaware of commedia dell'arte. Having read about it, I'll definitely appreciate the characters and storytelling more next time. The other two are very good, though don't strike me as instantly memorable as the great ones in the first five seasons.
Old 26th May 2021, 09:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Been watching this from the beginning , just started season 4.

I've just finished season 4 again, funnily enough.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 28th May 2021, 08:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Friends: The Reunion

I believe that everyone has that one TV Show that transcends just watching it, for me, Friends was that show.

I still remember vividly recording the show when it was shown on Channel 4 on Friday Nights at 21:00 back in the 90's and early 2000's (Terrestrial TV was so much better back then)

I also remember back in the late 90's around October time, shops would do The Videos as Buy 1, Get 1 Free and I would pick them out of sequence, due to what episodes were on them. For the latter Seasons, they would release half a Season before being shown on TV (Eventually the videos nearly filled up 5 shelves) This meant a binge watch (Which we are getting quite used to now) When the final episode aired, I couldn't wait to see it (This was before Torrents, so us Brits couldn't watch it any earlier)

Whenever Friends was ongoing, seeing any films like Scream, Analyze This, Whole Nine Yards, Three To Tango and Lost In Space starring The Actors/Actresses seemed weird (In a good way)

Onto the actual Reunion show, this had so much hype that it couldn't live up to it. There were some excellent elements like them meeting each other again and some of the stories.

The main criticism that I've seen is the James Cordon interview sections and I completely agree.

Fans wanted The Movie and/or an actual Reunion scripted episode and whilst I did want that, now I believe, I've got that closure.

Still have all the happy memories.
Old 29th May 2021, 01:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default this quest

been catching up with season two of Mythic Quest and luving the One show piss take that is This Time....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00002.jpg (50.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00003.jpg (42.7 KB, 4 views)

Old 29th May 2021, 06:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Visiting my mum and she sat watching masked singer is this really how bad tv resorted to.
Susan Foreman and iank like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!