Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2021, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A young man moves too the city and rents the only apartment he can afford it's not long before he figures out that the residents are all bonkers and dangerous with one of them taking a partially interested in him, it's not long before they start effecting the young man's sanity. Well worth a watch.

This is basically life on mars in reverse! Hear a cop ends it 30 years in the future after hunting down a psychotic killer, arriving in the future he ends up becoming a police man and learns that the killer he chased all those years ago is still alive and killing. It is life in mars in reverse with the out of time cop using old school police tactics compared too his partners modern approach.

This was by far my favourite and one I would happily watch again.

A young man seeks revenge on a powerful CO of a larger business and his spoiled son who gets him expelled from school after he stops him bulling a classmate , the spoiled son later kills the young man's farther which is covered and the young man ends up in prison, once he is out he sets his plan for revenge in motion.

It's not as grim as it's sound and it's well acted with some fantastic characters that you really care for. Well worth a watch.

Started these

Last edited by trebor8273; 11th July 2021 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11th July 2021, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

UK's Biggest Hits 1997

Another fascinating countdown with the stories behind the songs. Sash with 3 number 2 hits must have wondered what they had to do to get 2 Number 1.

With all the great songs out that year the fact that 2 of top 5 of the year was Barbie Girl and The Teletubbies theme is kind of an anomaly however I would loved to have been a fly on the wall when Blur's Alex James played Barbie Girl to the rest of the band.
Old 12th July 2021, 11:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Foyle's War

Finished the third episode of this classic mystery drama set during WWII.

Set in Sussex, Hastings in particular, it's not too dissimilar to Poirot, maybe it's because of the frequent use of Sussex, perhaps the influence of creator Anthony Horowitz who also worked on the series with the dodgy tached Belgian detective, and also because it's set two or three years after the Suchet series.

Michael Kitchen is excellent as Christopher Foyle, a very dry and efficient Detective Chief Superintendent pretty much ordered to deal with local matters as the country prepares for whatever the Germans might throw at us. Whilst the first episode dealt with anxiety and ill feeling towards Germans living on the south coast at the time, the second could loosely be classed as Foyle's Dunkirk as it entwined the mammoth boat and ship evacuation with a nicely thought out murder mystery.

Tonight's episode concerned the murder of a child and brought into play the child evacuees from London, the advent of the Italians joining the war as well as the fallout from the death of a conscientious objector in a police cell.

This episode had a very good cast in John Shrapnel, Sophia Myles, David Tennant and a nicely subdued Danny Dyer who falls for Foyle's driver Sam. Special mention to Sam (Honeysuckle Weeks) she's excellent, a tremendous foil for er' Foyle.

It's interesting that Horowitz takes the stories down if not unconventional avenues then ones that war time stories don't normally venture. For instance Foyle investigating a suspect who supposedly works at a hush hush munitions factory, until Foyle uncovers it to be an even more hush hush, extremely confidential coffin factory because the War Office are preparing for the worst...

It's these unconventionalities that keep it interesting and perhaps edgier than Poirot which i likened it to earlier, in that respect it deals with the grittier aspects similar to that other classic series Inspector George Gently , although that was set twenty years later in sixties Northumberland.

Anyone who likes any of the series i've mentioned here will almost certainly enjoy the others as well.

Michael Kitchen and Honeysuckle Weeks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1159394_1.jpg (45.5 KB, 55 views)
Old 16th July 2021, 12:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Addams Family.

The Addams Family Goes to School
After the truant officer attends the family and forces Wednesday ad Pugsley to school, Gomez and Morticia say they are being home schooled by Grandma.

Morticia and the Psychiatrist
When Pugsley starts displaying odd behavior, he is doing normal things, the family seek help from a child psychiatrist.

Fester's Punctured Romance
Something is missing from Fester's life...Love, he writes to a lonely hearts column, when a sales lady arrives at the door, they think she has responded to Fester's letter.

Gomez, the Politician
Election day is approaching, the family put up support posters of people that have lost, Sam Hillard is eager to get their support and not really happy to hear how the money should be spent.

The Addams Family Tree
Wednesday and Pugsley attend a neighbours birthday party which ends in a scuffle when the kid next door says his family is better. Gomez and Morticia dig deep in to the family tree and uncover a secret of the neighbours that they try to ignore.

Morticia Joins the Ladies League
Gomez takes Pugsley to the circus and Pugsley becomes friends with the gorilla that follows them home. Morticia joins a ladies club and invites them round to the Addams House, how will things go?

Halloween with the Addams Family
Halloween at the Addams household is always good, when two robbers hideout in the garden, the family let them in thinking they are in costume which spooks the two men.

Green-Eyed Gomez
Morticia's childhood friend Lionel comes to visit and Gomez becomes jealous until he finds out he may be a con man.

I'm gonna do this boxset disc by disc, never really saw these at once, BBC2 showed them in the early 90s then stopped I don't think they showed all the episodes and if they did I must have missed them. Watching this made me wonder why my family can't be like them . Why is it when you hear the theme tune to have to snap your fingers...

Old 16th July 2021, 09:32 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
[SIZE="4"]

I'm gonna do this boxset disc by disc, never really saw these at once, BBC2 showed them in the early 90s then stopped I don't think they showed all the episodes and if they did I must have missed them. Watching this made me wonder why my family can't be like them . Why is it when you hear the theme tune to have to snap your fingers...
Why don't *you* start it for future generations?

Here's a suggestion to get you going

Ontario woman gets to keep coffin flowerbed after neighbour files complaint / Blog To

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic138 - Coffin flowerbed.jpg (32.9 KB, 3 views)
Justin101, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th July 2021, 09:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

A young man moves too the city and rents the only apartment he can afford it's not long before he figures out that the residents are all bonkers and dangerous with one of them taking a partially interested in him, it's not long before they start effecting the young man's sanity. Well worth a watch.
This one sounds good, is it on Netflix? I know they have SOOOO many Korean TV shows on Netflix now.
trebor8273 likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th July 2021, 10:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished that 1971 thing then. Decent enough (the book it's based on is "monthly", chapterwise) and I like to see early Kraftwerk footage regardless of reason ahem. Recommended.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th July 2021, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This one sounds good, is it on Netflix? I know they have SOOOO many Korean TV shows on Netflix now.
It is all the ones listed are.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 16th July 2021, 09:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Addams Family

The New Neighbors Meet the Addams Family
A newlywed couple rent a house next to the family, they aren't to proud when it's confirmed their lease has been signed for a year, they ask to speak to the landlords who turn out to be The Addamses.

Wednesday Leaves Home
When Wednesday becomes unhappy at home, she pretends to runaway, when Morticia phones up to report her missing, she is faced with a disgruntled officer who thinks he is being played.

The Addams Family Meet the VIPs
When two soviet dignitaries visit America, they want to observe a typical American home and call upon The Addams Family home.

Morticia, the Matchmaker
When Morticia's cousin Melancholia comes to visit distraught after being jilted, the family's lawyer turns up and Morticia believes they can be a cute couple, Can Morticia bring them two together?

Lurch Learns to Dance
It's the annual butler's dance and Lurch receives his invitation but his shyness holds him back and he can't dance, can the family help him?

Art and the Addams Family
Grandma has always had a taste for art, when a critic becomes to harsh for her they hire a descendant of Picasso to help Sam Picasso, who the family decide to give him his own room in the basement.

The Addams Family Meets a Beatnik
A young biker running from his domineering father decides to hideout in the Addams Household who are happy to welcome their new guest.

The Addams Family Meets the Undercover Man
Pugsley has a ham radio that the Feds think he is sending coded messages, the agent gets the postie to investigate and freaks out so he gets the plumber to check out the family. The family start to become suspicious and call the Feds themselves as two why the postie and plumber are behaving erratic.
Old 16th July 2021, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just started watching this.

Demoncrat, bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!