Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2021, 12:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mind Your Language: Season 2.

All Present If Not Correct
Jeremy Brown returns for a new start with two new pupils Zoltan from Hungary and Ingrid from Sweden, sadly his previous 10 pupils failed and have returned, forcing Ingrid and Danielle to throw insults at each other.

Queen for a Day
Miss Courtney announces Queen Elizabeth II will be popping in, the pupils decide to dress in their traditional clothing.

Brief Re-Encounter
Miss Courtney's long lost love Albert returns to charm her as he has been away, Sid the caretaker recognises him and says he has been away...in prison for being a con man, Can Mr Brown save her?

Many Happy Returns
Ranjeet has been working three jobs to save money to go back home for his mother's birthday, when money goes missing the class chip in to collect to help him get the money for his plane ticket.

Don't Forget the Driver
A trip to a estate has been planned except one thing, nothing goes to plan for Miss Courtney, Mr Brown and the English class.

A Hard Day's Night
Mr brown's flat is to be painted, Max and Giovanni have him staying at their flat where he is mistaken for a burglar and arrested only for Max and Giovanni to prove his innocence.

Take Your Partners
Miss Courtney has tickets for a ball and slowly blackmails Mr Brown to buy them except he has no idea who to take.

After Three
The school is putting together something for a talent show but can the class come together to put on a show?

This had more laughs, Ali and Ranjeet still have their religious wars and clash of personalities and jealousy with Danielle and Ingrid is a laugh as every guy wants to sit next to Ingrid, where as in the first episode Danielle was the center of attention. Miss Courtney seems to throw her position around a lot and able to get what she wants by any means. Juan seems to know how to understand English a bit more and still plays dumb when asked a question.

91a1-rR-89L._RI_.jpg
Old 26th July 2021, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching skateboarding at the olympics, what a shame they’re all trying, but they all kept falling off, only 1 managed to stay on without falling.
Old 27th July 2021, 12:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mind Your Language: Season 3

I Belong to Glasgow
During mid-term, a rich Sheikh El Hamid wants to enroll in class, it's pointed out he can speak English very well but he can't understand his chauffeur, a fiery Scotsman.

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Danielle who is working as a Au Pair, brings the family's baby with her to class and is left with Gladys and the baby goes missing until the bay is found in Miss Courtney's office and more problems arise.

No Flowers by Request
Juan takes ill, Mr Brown accompanies him to the hospital, Juan returns and is feeling better, Mr Brown however fell and broke his leg. Juan phones the hospital and is informed Mr Brown has passed away, at a funeral all the students are there and Mr Brown is very much alive and well.

Just the Job
Mr Brown is offered a new job at a another school and decides to take it, when the job falls through he asks Miss Courtney for his old job back. She has hired a new teacher who the class think they can get rid of him and get Mr Brown back.

Guilty or Not Guilty
Miss Courtney is presiding over a court and her first case is the entire English class with Mr Brown representing them are told how they came to be in court.

Repent at Leisure
Anna's visa is due to expire, Taro comes up with a good idea, Anna marries and Englishman, they decide Mr Brown can be the one to marry Anna but how can they convince him...by getting him drunk.

The School Fete
there is a school fete coming up, Max knows a famous British personality Arthur Millard to open the fete, except Max doesn't even know him.

What a Tangled Web
Ali is having problems at home and opens up to Mr Brown who tries to help but he may be causing more problems for Ali and his wife.

This was a laugh especially with Scots actor Russell Hunter as the fiery Chauffeur who has always been a great actor and comedian. Zoltan and Ingrid do not return for this season but are mentioned as to why they have not returned, Zoltan has returned back to Hungary and Ingrid is at a another school. there is more laughs in this and more wit. Unfortunately this boxset does not have season 4 but saw a clip of it and seemed to be on shoe string budget, will have a search for it at some point.

91BlNRZarCL._RI_.jpg
Old 30th July 2021, 02:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Krypton: Season 1.

Pilot
Val-El is tried by the council and sentenced to death in front of his grandson Seg-El, the House of El is stripped of it's name and honor. 14 years later Sag is visited by a man called Adam who may help them in a war that may come.

House of El
When his parents are killed, Sag is chosen a new house and title Seg-Vex who rather have his family's name. Seg finds a crystal and uses it for his grandfather's fortress of solitude and his grandfather may have been right about the destruction of Krypton and their destruction may be caused by Brainiac. A underground movement Black Zero may come under attack in the city who protect the rankless and the vunerable who plot to take out the Kryptonian council.

The Rankless Initiative
Sagatari leader Jayna-Zod has put her daughter Lyta in charge of a raid where Seg and Adam are who are trying to find a device that holds Brainiac who may have already found a host. When the raid goes wrong Cheif of Council Daron-Vex needs a escape goat and turns on Lyta.

The Word of Rao
Seg is trying to help release Lyta from her fate with the help of Daron-Vex's daughter Nyssa even though Jayna is not sure of her daughter's guilt or innocence. Seg is captured by another person who has traveled by realm same way Adam has knows about Brainiac and wants to destroy it and knows about the house of El, General Dru-Zod.

House of Zod
Jayna still struggles with terms of her daughter while Seg escapes and finds a city underneath Kandor The Cythianns who seem to be protecting something that may kill Brainiac. general Zod comes face to face with Lyta and tells her who he is and how they are related.

Civil Wars
Seg faces a choice of trust can he trust Dru-Zod or Adam the Earth Man, The Voice of Rao has chosen a new disciple in the form of Ona, witha up and coming ceremony the Sagatari plan one thing assassinate the voice of Rao. Dru and Seg realise what weapon is being protected...Doomsday.

Transformation
Daron-Vex now realises who the real Rao is and joins ranks and confesses his daughter Nyssa was one of the conspirators in the attempt assassination coup and vows to take her down personally. When a army is assembled by Rao, Commander Dev and Lyta go in search of Jayna who escaped Rao.

Savage Night
With Dev under the command of Rao, he is taken to the fortress and the ghost of Val-El try to reverse the damage done but it may be at a cost. Dru tells Jayna on how he survived the destruction of Krypton. Adam saves Seg from a bomb planted by Rao but is Adam says who he is and how he was sent to Krypton. Jayna begins to question the true intentions of Dru, has he come to help save the planet or rule it.

Hope
Dru wants to release Doomsday and stop Brainiac, which is no longer in the cell and the Cythianns realise he may awaken within months or hours. Seg decides in order to battle Brainiac they need a army and combine the Sagarti and Black Zero, when it fails they have upgraded Brainiac's functions more.

The Phantom Zone
Dru reveals that Val is not dead but in the Phantom Zone and convinces Seg to open the portal so he can go back there and bring Val to stop Brainiac. With one last battle to stop him. Can they stop Brainiac and send him to the Phantom Zone and what can become of Dru-Zod?

This was a decent programe, not only follows Superman's family but other families on the planet Krypton and how close it came to being wiped out before. Cameron Cuffe plays the young Seg-El and does a decent part as Kal-El's ancestor who tried to save the planet. Colin Salmon manages to pull off a decent General Zod and does make you wonder if he is a changed man or a ruthless leader who wants everyone to bow down and kneel. There is some good visual effects done for a tv show and David S. Goyer managed to pull off a good first season with a fraction of the John Williams Superman theme added in a few episodes.

NUP_180823_1793.jpg
Old 30th July 2021, 12:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Since I last posted an update on my TV viewing, I've watched the 11th (and most recent) series of Taskmaster which, despite only knowing two of the contestants (Lee Mack and Charlotte Richie) was funny and engaging. Some of the rapport between Greg Davies and Mike Wozniak was hilarious, especially when he was tasked with farting.

I then watched the third series of Doctor Who, the one with David Tennant and Freema Agyeman. I enjoyed the chemistry between the Doctor and Martha, and generally liked their adventures, though the two-part Daleks in Manhattan & Evolution of the Daleks tested my patience because I can't stand the way they speak – it's a nails on a blackboard-type noise!

Highlights included The Lazarus Experiment, Blink, and the Human Nature and The Family of Blood double episode. Finishing with the three-part story (Utopia, The Sound of Drums, and Last of the Time Lords) made me acutely aware of how much I didn't know of the Doctor's back story and the significance of John Simm's Master.

Taking a break from Doctor Who, I then watched Loki, a show which seemed unlike the trailer. I expected a 'buddy comedy' with the titular God of mischief teamed with Owen Wilson's Mobius M. Mobius, a Time Variance Authority Agent. It began a little like that then – for the better – branched off into something completely different to become something which was surprisingly, funny, and interesting. Along with WandaVision, this is an excellent TV show and one I'm going to rewatch this year.

Next up was the fourth series of Doctor Who, with Catherine Tate as the Time Lord's new travelling companion. I thought it was clever how, with Rose making brief appearances throughout, this called back to previous seasons. I liked the Fires of Pompeii episode and the two-part Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead story was very strong. Unfortunately, it ended with a double helping of Daleks (The Stolen Earth and Journey's End) and, despite the well-written story and good performances, I was frequently annoyed by the metal antagonists and their horrible voices.

I then watched the five specials which followed that series: The Next Doctor (guest starring David Morrisey), Planet of the Dead (which I really enjoyed, despite Lee Evans' dodgy Welsh accent), The Waters of Mars (a very good episode elevated with Lindsay Duncan's fine performance), and the two-part The End of Time, with Matt Smith appearing at the end as the 10th Doctor regenerated into its latest form.

Because I've had them for years and watched very few of the extra features, I've decided to listen to all the commentaries on the Game of Thrones box sets I have, and watched the first episode with the two creators/writers, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss talking about various aspects of the episode. It was interesting to find out they wanted Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage for Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister, respectively, and were extremely happy when they able to secure their services. They were happy to point out a few errors in continuity or how the VFX department were needed when they realised watching it on a big screen in high definition revealed camera crew in North Face jackets were very prominent in the background!

I've also been watching The Simpsons intermittently, and am about a third of the way through the 28th season. As I said last time, although it isn't as consistently funny as it was in the first 10 to 15 seasons, there are moments which make me laugh out loud and others which are either thought-provoking or emotionally engaging.
Old 30th July 2021, 09:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Started winds of war but feeling a little tired so will start it probably tomorrow , noticed from opening credits that it's a Dan Curtis production, only thing that puts me off is will it be the typical America won the war single handly.
Old 30th July 2021, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Started winds of war but feeling a little tired so will start it probably tomorrow , noticed from opening credits that it's a Dan Curtis production, only thing that puts me off is will it be the typical America won the war single handly.
I haven't seen it but it was / is very well thought of. If i remember rightly when i was thinking of buying it on dvd it isn't about the US fighting the war it's about events leading up to their involvement hence something carrying on the winds, something building up.
Old 30th July 2021, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just looked on Wiki. It has one hell of a cast including Barbara Steele and Enzo G Castellari (One of my fave genre directors) as Mussolini.

I really want to see it now.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 31st July 2021, 02:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Krypton: Season 2

Light-Years from Home
Dru-Zod is now in command of Krypton and aware Doomsday has woken up and Zod is hoping to use it to destroy Brainiac if he returns. Nyssa has returned carrying a child she has named Cor-Vex, Seg's child. Seg is on Planet Colu somewhere in the Phantom Zone with Brainiac.

Ghost in the Fire
Adam has transported himself to the Planet Colu hoping to reunite with Seg and bring him home they try to escape a bounty hunter Lobo who only wants one thing Brainiac dead, he was destroyed by Seg. Zod makes a deal with Nyssa, find the rebels lead by Jax and gain their trust or never see Cor again.

Will to Power
Brainiac still lives but a piece of him is in Seg, can Seg trust what he says or is it all a lie. Dev-Em finds Jayda in the outlands who now wants to fight against Zod. Jayda believes the House of Zod were not for fighting but to rule the planet.

Danger Close
Seg and Adam return to a different Kandor, Jax plans with a rebellion to take over and plan a attack that may or may not work. Zod needs one piece to help him with his war, a Codex but only the rebellion know where it is and how to get it.

A Better Yesterday
Lyta is following Zod's commands but has been reconditioned, Seg falls to a trap and is put under the same process but Brainiac may have other plans. Lyta is taken prisoner by Jax, she contacts Zod if he does not surrender Lyta will die.

In Zod We Trust
After the rejection of Zod and demands, Val-El takes command of the rebellion. Nyssa returns to Zod with the codex while Seg plans to rescue them both. Zod now has a weapon he can use to hunt Doomsday.

Zods and Monsters
Brainiac is taking control of Seg and uses the Fortes and Vel's ghost to be rid of him. With Doomsday in his control Zod sees how Doomsday was created. Nyssa does not want her House name for Cor, Val tells her if he was to adopt a name he should be named after a ancestor from the House Of El.

Mercy
Under the influence of Black Mercy a parasite that keeps people alive and gives them a dream state of mind, Lyta is having the perfect dream. Dev and Jayna plan to help Seg and Nyssa attack a fort that is under Zod's command and how they plan to break into something that may be impossible to do.

Blood Moon
On the moon Wegthor the rebellion are unaware of a attack, Zod has the perfect weapon Doomsday at his command. The rebellion must out fight it and have a solution but at what cost will they have when things go wrong.

The Alpha and the Omega
Nyssa uses the Zelta-Beam to try and find Brainiac, the truth is let out by Seg and the rebellion about Zod and his reconditioning methods against his people who stand up to him, will General Dru-Zod fall in a final battle with Seg. Lobo returns and seeks a deal with Seg to help him find Brainiac.

Thanks to SyFy for cancelling this series, allegedly it was due to poor ratings but this was a great show, plenty of sarcasm, swearing and a few bits of blood dropped. There was some good laughs and tense moments in this combined with good acting and brilliant visual effects that made me forget I was watching a tv show and not a film, another series I shouldn't have held off from watching till now.

krypton-600x337.jpg
Old 31st July 2021, 12:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Is Krypton tied up at the end or didn't they know they'd be canceled?
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!