Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sounds interesting Dem may take the plunge on that box set
Old 6th September 2021, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm very much enjoying the 70's anthology series Scorpion Tales (1978) as released on dvd by Network.

It's six fifty five minute films with 'a sting in their tale' and they certainly do. In a way it's all very similar to Thriller and series like that but the four (out of six) tales i've watched so far have been of high quality, well acted and held the attention throughout.

It was created by a guy called David Reid who went on to produce Sapphire and Steel and Hammer House of Horror and is written by people who also wrote for The Avengers, The Sweeney (The first film is a little Sweeney esq) and Doctor Who.

I was a little wary going into this. It's been on my shelf unwatched for a few years and following the disappointment that was Orson Welles Great Mysteries Vol II i was a bit apprehensive as to whether i was off this type of thing. Thankfully this is far, far superior.

Recommended if anyone wants to take the plunge the next time Network have a sale.
I’ve had this for some time just not got round to watching it, like owt else .
Old 6th September 2021, 11:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Onto SAE S3.

This has been fun, the writing is a tad hit or miss, but on the whole I've enjoyed it. Great episode with the Combs in the second series etc.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th September 2021, 09:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Ha ha, I signed up to Netflix for a month yesterday. Only got a Smart TV a month since, so not been able to before. They've got all of ST Voyager on there, which should keep me busy and will save me a lot on discs (I wanna see it again but not sure I care about owning it) as well as Scream season 2, which isn't even on DVD.
Whether there'll be enough to keep me after that I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. I could also get Stan, but I've no idea what's on it. Maybe if I ditch Netflix one month I might see what they've got.
Old 8th September 2021, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

So I finally got to see the last two episodes of S5 of Rick & Morty and I'll say nowt but this .... michty
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th September 2021, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
So I finally got to see the last two episodes of S5 of Rick & Morty and I'll say nowt but this .... michty
I keep meaning to watch this but just haven’t even seen a single episode yet .
Old 9th September 2021, 08:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not tv as such but still something I watched,

Couldn’t sleep early hours of the morning so just flicking from one clip to another on YouTube and come across this,
Chris gore giving his explanation why most movies of today are rubbish.

Old 9th September 2021, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching this Them , 3 episodes in and it's already better than that weak kneed drivel called Suburbicon cough.
Something tells me I'm either going to be raving about this or going on the warpath

Not recommended to dog lovers.

I have severe historical accuracy syndrome and some of it just sadly overbalances the effect they obviously want imho. I'll say nothing more til I'm finished.

[B]
Old 11th September 2021, 08:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

First episode of a Japanese anime called High Rise Invasion on Netflix. A teenage girl - the Japanese do love their teen girls in school uniforms - suddenly finds herself in a weird world composed entirely of linked skyscrapers with no way down to the ground, where people are hunted by mask-controlled stalkers trying to kill them or, preferably, force them to kill themselves. Never seen an anime before, very weird but pretty compelling so far. I'm intrigued.
Old 12th September 2021, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished Them.

Some of the episodes directed by Ti West, which wasn't surprising as the second half ramped it up somewhat. Features the strangest narrative turn I've seen yet in a tv show (no signposting whatsoever). Some of it gave the weird vibe of watching Ken Loach's Blue Velvet imho
Whilst it reeks of woke (AWOKEN FFS ), some of the imagery floated the demon's coracle certainly. Shame the story overall is a tad predictable.
Would I recommend this? Hmmm. Maybe.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!