Old 31st January 2014, 01:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Prepare for disappointment
I finished watching it on Wednesday (I think) and it's probably the weakest ending to any long-running TV show I can think of. I know there was some disappointment about the way The Sopranos finish, but I think that was a great ending. Breaking Bad and Six Feet Under showed how to finish a multi-series TV show, bringing all the narrative arcs to a conclusion, but Dexter just left me feeling 'is that it?'.
Old 31st January 2014, 01:15 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I finished watching it on Wednesday (I think) and it's probably the weakest ending to any long-running TV show I can think of. I know there was some disappointment about the way The Sopranos finish, but I think that was a great ending. Breaking Bad and Six Feet Under showed how to finish a multi-series TV show, bringing all the narrative arcs to a conclusion, but Dexter just left me feeling 'is that it?'.
It was just unbelievable. Everyone acting out of character just to further the plot. Leaving Harrison with, well, y'know...just ridiculous.
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Continuing watch the xfiles just finished season 3. One of the best shows of the 90s well until David left and it went town hill.
Vipp likes this.
Old 10th February 2014, 08:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching what has to be my favourite xfiles episode the post modern Prometheus. Fantastic never get borded of this one, just so much fun to watch. A true classic of the show.
Rik likes this.
Old 10th February 2014, 10:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Tales of the Unexpected - Lamb to the Slaughter.

Lovely Susan George discovers her husband is having an affair, so she kills him with a heavy blow from a large leg of lamb from the freezer.

The police led by Brian Blessed move in to investigate the death, puzzled as to what the murder weapon might be. Meanwhile George cooks the leg of lamb and gives it them for their tea.

Classic black comedy. Seen four of the massive 112 episode box set so far and they've all been wonderful.
Old 11th February 2014, 03:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I pretty much hardly ever watch programmed TV anymore, But I saw a commercial for a new show airing last night. From the commercial, I just had to tune in.
It was 'Death Valley'

The station played 2 back to back episodes and I absolutely loved it. It was hilarious and fun and it had zombies, vampires, werewolves, sexual innuendo's and idiot police officers. I thought to myself, This series is definitely one that will get cancelled pretty quick. After tuning in I did a quick IMDB search and sure enough, It had been cancelled after 1 season. Apparently it's an MTV series from back in 2011 (I don't know why Australian Television is only just getting it now...Although it was just played as a filler for American Horror Story while it was off air) and unfortunately it didn't do so well and was never bothered to be renewed/picked back up after season 1.

I loved it though. As I said, I don't watch too much programmed TV these days so it will probably be one I will end up picking up on DVD or BD. Definitely recommend it!
Anyone into horror themed buddy cop comedy's with a bunch of one liners, Definitely check it out!!

Old 12th February 2014, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted!

On a slightly sillier note House Of Fools is still prime Vic & Bob.

Who watched Inside No 9 then? Felt like an Amicus segment to me!! Roll on next episode!!

Any Chris Lilley fans? Felt that the first ep of Ja'mie: PSG was a bit forced this time, but will give him benefit due to his pedigree in the comedy of embarrassment genre......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th February 2014, 05:55 PM
Active Cultist

For the past 2 weeks I've been tearing through the blu ray reissue of The World at War. Holy shit, this series is incredible, utterly compulsive. Forget the internet whingers banging on about a tiny amount of missing picture, it looks incredible - I watched the Normandy footage last night and it was more terrifying than any horror I've ever seen, so pin sharp you'd swear it was a recreation, but it's all too real. The thing about this series - and I feel guilty saying it - is that the war is presented almost like a sequential thriller, with a cliffhanger at the end of every episode. One hour you're in the sweltering Burmese jungle, then to frozen Russia, the deserts of North Africa etc - it's tragic, of course it is, but it's also gripping and an incredible story. Laurence Olivier's narration is flawless and that music... If you've never seen this show, give it a go, could be the best 25 quid you'll ever spend.
Old 13th February 2014, 11:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I hate it when you watch a tv series and they don't finish it off,
So many over the years . I've just gone through all series off my name is Earl and last episode of series 4 they was debating who was the father of joys kids and it finished and said to be continued, the series finished around 5 yrs ago.

Bit like prison break in middle of series 3 when they had the writers strike in America they didn't finish season 3 off and then went straight to season four where everyone was out of prison, leaving people confused to how they all got out , Why couldn't they have made ending of season three and make it season four and then made season four season five ,

I hate it when these type of things happen .
Old 13th February 2014, 11:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I hate it when you watch a tv series and they don't finish it off,
So many over the years . I've just gone through all series off my name is Earl and last episode of series 4 they was debating who was the father of joys kids and it finished and said to be continued, the series finished around 5 yrs ago.
Haha! I recently watched the entire series of My Name Is Earl too. I was actually talking to a friend about it yesterday too, so funny you bring it up.
The later episodes got so stupid and way too over the top which made it just dumb and lame so I can see why it was cancelled. But still, That cliffhanger! It's so bad. Although, I have actually read online that Jason Lee and the series creators wanted to do a movie to finish it all off. Although that will probably never happen, They want it just to be written with a cameo from some famous black person, maybe a musician or something who came to town on tour and they turn out to be Earl Jr.'s father. So in a way, It has been concluded. We just don't get the satisfaction in actually seeing that haha.

Like this? Share it using the links below!