Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2021, 08:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first two episodes of SYFY's Day Of The Dead.

Some characters make some really bad decisions, but thems the breaks. Stoooopid AF. No soldiers or scientists at all so WTF was it called DOTD to begin with
Would probably watch the rest. There is some humour, and some of the townsfolk just need to get chomped on
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th October 2021, 03:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching all four seasons of The Strain last night. I've seen the first three before and really enjoyed them, so it was great to rewatch them and follow those with the 10 episodes I hadn't seen.

I was very happy with the way the story played out and have no issues with the end. This is a very good TV show that I'll watch again in the not-too-distant future. Before that, I'll try to re-read the three novels on which it is based.
Old 27th October 2021, 09:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Snowpiercer: Season 2

Following on from the Revolution, the passengers of Snowpiercer have to deal with the Train's Creator, Mr. Wilfred (Played brilliantly by Sean Bean) who is an ego maniac.

As in the 1st Season, alliances are created as both Layton and Wilfred have allies.

You also have the dynamic of Melanie's relationship with her estranged Daughter and Wilfred's strange relationship with Audrey.

You see all the excesses that Wilfred enjoys as well as his power over people with a particular fetish he has in the Bath where he's able to convince people to slit their Wrists. (Very powerful and well done stuff)

Ruth was an annoying (In a good way) character but felt that she turned far too quickly.

Like the 1st Season, it was enjoyable and I do like that they are able to wrap up storylines whilst giving you an indication on where things are heading for the next Season. It's good not having a major cliffhanger as it allows me to let it on the backburner until the next Season.
Old 28th October 2021, 11:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

watched a couple of epiosdes of babylon 5 remastered , while its not as good as say star trek TNG its a big improvement over the old dvds with bolder and more vibrant colours and added detail, but the big inprovement are the CGI effects which are crisper and more detailed now and hold up surprisingly well as said elsewhere its now 4:3 ration which is supppsed to be because how the effects had been done, even though the show was shot in widescreen.

its also on amazon prime for those wjo want to see what it looks like BUT it has adverts that cant be skipped and seem quite regular.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-5-T...BLE_TV_EPISODE

Last edited by trebor8273; 28th October 2021 at 05:18 PM.
Old 29th October 2021, 06:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched first episode of behind the monsters on shudder which was about Michael Myers , recommend .
Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.
Old 29th October 2021, 08:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Started Bodyguard. First ep was good.
Old 1st November 2021, 11:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finishing Midnight Mass tonight, the demon recommends. Netflix, so if you have it etc... mild start but ... put it this way, I'm deliberately keeping the last one for later ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st November 2021, 11:49 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Finishing Midnight Mass tonight, the demon recommends. Netflix, so if you have it etc... mild start but ... put it this way, I'm deliberately keeping the last one for later ahem.
Excellent show Demon. Slow starter but the final episodes are stunning.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st November 2021, 12:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the second season of American Gods, though why I watched it when I was decidedly nonplussed by the first season is something I am now asking myself.

I think I was watching it in the hope/anticipation it would start to make sense of actually become enjoyable, rather than tease with brilliant visuals and possibility everything would click into place and become must-watch TV.

As is, I'm not going to bother with the third season might investigate Neil Gaiman's novel on which it is based.
Old 4th November 2021, 10:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Every now and again I put YouTube on my tv and just scroll through what comes up, could be anything from abandoned theme parks, Ripleys, or weird buildings,
Tonight I watched a 3 part into Blackpool pleasure beach because it’s celebrating 125yrs, this year, each part around 18 min long , just short of a full hr into the rides of old and new on the pleasure beach,
Wether it nostalgia, fascination, reminisce, it’s a fascinating watch into learning that the rockets are the oldest working ride In Europe, and the ghost train was the worlds first ever horror theme ride.

Last edited by gag; 4th November 2021 at 11:12 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!