Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2022, 04:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Prime Suspect: The Last Witness.

After a young woman is discovered dead in a building site, Tennison and her team try to place who the woman is and find she is Eastern European. With some help from the victim's sister, Tennison discovers that there may be a war criminal in the area who was part of a massacre that was covered up in Bosnia.

This is one of the better series with more tension and suspense with great acting and direction provided by a good script. Think we all remember the conflict of the Bosnia and Herzegovina conflict, this series plays a major part in the story line and is handled in a good delicate way, there may be parts that can be upsetting with victims recalling bad memories and talk of brutal crimes.

Liam Cunningham plays a photographer who helps Tennison find the answers and ignores her superiors by going to Bosnia and finding what she needs. Mark Strong returns as Lawrence Hall who now sits behind a desk and takes orders from someone who sits behind a bigger desk. Frank Finlay appears in a small role as Jane's elderly father, even though it is a small role he does show how much of a great actor he was that you can only feel sympathy for him.This one does give you the satisfying ending that the audience wanted but never gives you the outcome of what happened to the accused
Old 4th April 2022, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Prime Suspect: The Final Act.

Tennison investigates the disappearance of a 14 year old school girl while battling her drinking problem, the death of her father and retirement.

Throughout all these episodes why did I wait till now to watch them, this was something that had more twists and turns in the story and a final appearance of Sgt Otley played by Tom Bell who sadly passed away, Otley gives out a great small role who finally apologies for his behavior towards Tennison. Laura Greenwood plays the young school friend Penny and able to bring emotions and feelings to her character. Helen Mirren does give out a great performance as the lead detective and play a borderline alcoholic brilliantly, who is able to hold her head high and walk away with a smile.
Old 7th April 2022, 11:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death In Paradise: Season 2.

Murder on the Plantation
Poole, Camille, Dwayne and Fidel investigate the death of a plantation owner who was found dead by a machete killing.

An Unholy Death
A young nun is found dead in the convent on the island, but the priest and mother superior seem to have their secrets and who is the mysterious nun that has been spotted?

Death in the Clinic
A woman is found in a pool of a health clinic, the doctor thinks she drowned but Poole thinks she was dead before being in the water.

A Deadly Curse
A legend of a pirate's treasure brings enthusiasts to find it along with a curse, when a explosion on the island, a member of the tourist believes he is the intended victim of a killer.

Death Onboard
Camille's friend Aimee who is a singer is poisoned on a boat with a group of people, Poole uses pictures taken to find the killer. Dwayne and Fidel use a local drunk to find information on a illegal Rum sale.

A Dash of Sunshine
A wheel-chair bound woman is killed in rental villa, Poole suspects her husband who was a colleague from London.

A Deadly Storm
A storm is set to hit Saint-Marie island and a meteorological researcher is found dead, everyone seems to have a alibi but Poole thinks someone in the group is the killer.

A Deadly Party
A fraudster is murdered at a party but everyone there has a alibi, Poole is sent back to England and everyone thinks he may not return and Fidel awaits on the results of his Sergeant's exam.

This had a bit more comedy and drama mixed in and Poole is still not able to cope with the heat, yet insists on wearing a suit and having a chit chat with his new adopted pet lizard.
Old 8th April 2022, 05:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death In Paradise: Season 3.

Death Of A Detective.
D.I Humphrey "Humph" Goodman is sent from England to Saint-Marie island to investigate the death of D.I Poole who was attending a reunion party on the island.

The Wrong Man.
The island is a set for a new horror zombie movie, Thea a stand in for actress Lexi is poisoned, Goodman believes Lexi to be the intended victim, along with Camille, Dwayne and Fidel they investigate.

An Artistic Murder.
A local island gigolo who was once a friend of Fidel's is murdered during a art exhibition, the team question everyone who was connected to the victim including a local female Judge.

Ye Of Little Faith.
A air stewardess staying on the island is poisoned in her hotel room, with the small group that was with her admit to being in her room at some point, the team try to establish who is the murderer.

Political Suicide.
Jacob Doran the island's commerce minister is found dead after a scandal has broken out about an affair he had with a office aide. With everything looking at a suicide Goodman believes it was murder.

The Early Bird.
A group of bird watchers arrive on Saint-Marie to see a rare Green-Parrot, one of them is found dead.

The Man With The Golden Gun.
Unpopular land developer Alexander Jackson is found dead on his private island, the team head off to investigate when a storm hits and they are trapped on the island with the killer amongst them.

Rue Morgue.
A former surgeon staying on the island in a retirement home is found dead in her room from a apparent suicide, Goodman looks into the the death and thinks it's a murder and the close knit of people around her who he suspects to be the murderer. Goodman gets a surprise visitor from his ex-wife and makes a decision to either go back home or stay on the island.

Every time I see Kris Marshall I always think of him as Nick Harper from My Family, In this he does play a bumbling who brings laughs and still manages to be serious at the same time, just when you get use to one character they change things around and introduce someone else. This was a decent season to enjoy.
Old 9th April 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death In Paradise: Season 4.

Stab In The Dark.
The owner of a Rum distillery is stabbed in the back during a seance to contact the spirit of a woman who died in 1850. Everyone in the room has a alibi, they were all holding hands. Commissioner Patterson joins the team to replace Fidel who is working on another island.

Hidden Secrets.
A surfing teacher is found dead, Goodman believes it to be a robbery gone wrong, until some things about the teacher begin to emerge. The team are joined by new sergeant Florence Cassell who Dwayne tries to impress.

Damned If You Do.
The Saint-Marie Heritage Society have a island history celebration all come down with food positioning, Goodman and the team look into who who done it and why with some suspects.

Until Death Do You Part.
A bride-to-be Jenny has her Hen Night party on the Island with 3 of her friends, in the morning Jenny is found dead. Camille has been given a job offer in Paris and Goodman has to make the decision to either let her go or stay as part of the team.

Swimming In Murder.
Veteran Pop Group Flowers In Progress are recording a new album when a member is found dead in the pool electrocuted. What appears to be a accident becomes a murder, everyone in the band had a motive. Officer J.P. Hooper becomes the new officer to the team.

The Perfect Murder.
Saint-Marie Volleyball team get through to the finals, player Shelley Kennedy is found dead in her jeep, the team investigate more than just a murder but also game fixing.

She Was Murdered Twice.
Over bearing travel boss Annette is on a team building exercise with her workers is found dead, a group member confesses to the killing by shooting her, the investigation takes a turn when the team find out she was dead before she was shot.

Unlike Father, Unlike Son
Jack Harmer who is awaiting trial for murder is killed in the court house, the team investigate on how it happened. Goodman gets a visitor to the island, his father who gets a unexpected wake up from Harry the Lizard.

This is the last time we see Sara Martins as Camille, and Gary Carr as fidel even though he is never seen we are told he has taken up a Sergeant's position elsewhere. When the Commissioner steps in everyone looks on edge which is a bit comical. Toby Bakare who plays J.P. starts off like a bungling officer and gets tips from Dwayne that can be helpful or not and Josephine Jobert plays a decent part as Florence who seems to know when Goodman is going to slip up.
Old 10th April 2022, 06:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death In Paradise: Season 5.

The Complex Murder.
Goodman decides to buy a boat and fix it up but things take a turn for the worse when a man is shot on a boat while everyone was underwater and in plain sight. Goodman is also trying online dating and has Dwayne as a wing man.

One For The Road.
Governor Caroline Bamber is poisoned after receiving a glass of champagne from Commissioner Patterson, the team look into who would want her dead.

Posing In Murder.
A fashion show is being held on the island, a model is found dead moments after leaving the cat walk strangled by a scarf. While investigating a model Rosey takes a shine to J.P, much to Dwayne's jealousy.

A personnel Murder.
After attending a funeral, Dwayne receives a text from the deceased that he was murdered, he asks Goodman to look into it and uncovers a tragedy that happened 45 years earlier during a storm.

Lost Identity.
Goodman's aunt comes to visit and another guest who has never visited the island is found dead at the same hotel his aunt is staying at. J.P. may be falling in love with Rosey and Dwayne giving him advice

Dishing Up Murder.
Top chef Robert Holt is launching a new restaurant, after the opening night he is found dead, the team investigate and uncover everything about the top chef and his staff.While at the bar, the team notices J.P and Rosey talking in depth, Dwayne noticing their conversation has the hallmark of breaking up until J.P. proposes and Dwayne appointing himself best man.

The Blood Red Sea.
After finding sunking treasure from the Santa Anna shipwreck, Tosh Walker is killed after having a argument with rival Newton Farrell, the Commissioner gives Goodman some information on the silver coins that was discovered. Goodman and Dwayne organise the stag do but both have a secret about the Rum they are drinking.

Flames Of Love.
Tourist Sian is found dead in a shower cubicle of a apparent suicide but everyone around her seem to have a dark secret, and soon finds out it was murder. Goodman finds out who murdered her during J.P.'s and Rosey's wedding ceremony. Goodman runs into a old friend Martha who is also staying on the island.

This season was a laugh, Dwayne being a wing man for two people and only one is able to find love, i'm sure we would like a single "ladies" man to be our wing man for advice and tips. This season was good and does have one or two heart warming moments
Old 10th April 2022, 09:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

All Of Us Are Dead. Really good Korean zombie apocalypse horror drama show set (mostly) in a high school. Superbly made and acted, and characters you either really care for or boo hiss (it's got a villain in it you want to reach in and kill yourself ). Cute girls too.
How is it Korea is making stuff like this while the UK and US now seem content to churn out badly written PC BS?
Old 11th April 2022, 06:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death In Paradise: Season 6.

Erupting In Murder.
A scientist found dead at the site of a live volcano on the island appears to be caused by natural causes, Goodman has a hunch that it was murder after a item appears to be nowhere...a torch.

The Secret of The Flame Tree.
Florence finds herself emotionally involved when a friend of her's is found dead at the foot a cliff during a book reading.

The Impossible Murder.
Humphrey and Martha plan a weekend at a hotel until a body is found in a robbery gone wrong and gets the team involved.

Stumped In Murder.
Saint-Marie's cricket club has a good win and after the game, the club chairman is found dead from being shot.

Man Overboard Part 1 and 2.
After a man is found dead on his boat, what appears to be a accident Goodman and his team look into it, 4 suspects travel back to England. Commissioner Patterson organises the team to go to London and carry on the investigation and to liaison with D.I Jack Mooney. While there Humphrey tries to track down Martha and Dwayne traces his family.

In The Footsteps Of A Killer.
D.I. Jack Mooney and his daughter Siobhan are on holiday in Saint-Marie, a witness comes forward and gives the police information on a killing that happened 7 years earlier. Jack is asked to come on board and assist.

Murder in the Polls.
Election time for a new Mayor of the island is cut short when a candidate is stabbed in the booth, Catherine who is running for the post comes under suspicion as she was in the next booth.

This is the last season we see Humphrey Goodman leading the Honore police and Ardal O'Hanlon steps in as Jack Mooney, yes Thermal Man and Father Dougal steps in the shoes of a detective and has different ways of solving the cases and still bungles up stuff in front of Commissioner Patterson that can cause a laugh.
Old 11th April 2022, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

From

The last 3 then

Some backstory and some more mythos aside, after a sudden desire to bring the sentimentality to the forefront, I became horribly aware that I wouldn't be getting my clean cut conclusion after all gosh darn it
The residents rally round when an unlikely source provides some hope. Can I be any more cryptic?
So now we'll see what happens next I suppose. I'm still intrigued by elements here.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 12th April 2022 at 09:36 AM.
Old 13th April 2022, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story

Some editing choices aside, this is the scariest thing you'll see all year.
The hand wringing does grate eventually tbh. Andrew Neil especially
The footage time and time again shows the man literally "giving the game away" to much hilarity from all involved tee hee hee. Not felt as bad watching something since Srpski.

NEXT!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!