LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2022, 01:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 240636

A few months back i watched the newest Suicide Squad and loved it so after hearing that Peacemaker was getting his own show i was over the moon such a fun character made even funnier by that fact it was John Cena.

The whole show is a blast from start to finish John Cena is hilarious tons of gore great effects and tons of adult humor. An added little bonus to this show was the amount rock / metal in every episode Peacemaker takes every opportunity to blast some Motley Crue Hanoi Rocks Bang Camero and Pretty Boy Floyd just a banging soundtrack.

Never heard of this band. I'll check them out later.
Old 14th June 2022, 11:48 PM
Cult Master

Finishing up the second episode of season 2 of The Mandalorian god damn this show is so good. I loved season 1 and this just continues the awesomeness of the first season more cheer out loud moments already. I said it about the last season and ill say it again this show brings back the joy and excitement of Star Wars i felt as a kid.
Old 17th June 2022, 05:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Started watching Miami Vice on blu ray it looks fantastic lightyears ahead of the old dvds so much more detail etc. Still a fantastic piece of 80s escapism.

Watching episode five of Obi wan brillant easily the best episode up till now , awesome scenes with Vader were we get too see how powerful he truly is, so powerful he doesn't really need a light saber to fight. But it does make you think he could of easily killed the emperor.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 26th June 2022, 02:41 PM
Cult Master

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Started watching Miami Vice on blu ray it looks fantastic lightyears ahead of the old dvds so much more detail etc. Still a fantastic piece of 80s escapism.

Watching episode five of Obi wan brillant easily the best episode up till now , awesome scenes with Vader were we get too see how powerful he truly is, so powerful he doesn't really need a light saber to fight. But it does make you think he could of easily killed the emperor.
Which release of Miami Vice is it UK or US blu ray?
Old 26th June 2022, 02:44 PM
Cult Master

Episode 1 of Book of Boba Fett. Really enjoyed it feels along the same lines as the Mandalorian with plenty of action and great creatures fast paced episode i hope it can keep it up.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 26th June 2022, 04:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched Obi-Wan Kenobi over the last couple of days and thought it was very good. It begins with a brief recap of the first three films (Episodes I-III) and features a fine performance from Ewan McGregor in the title role. His Kenobi is often quite melancholy and the relationship has with the 10-year-old Leia Organa (an impressive Vivien Lyra Blair) is very engaging.

It probably won't sit well with some Star Wars fans but, for casual viewers of the franchise who aren't emotionally invested in the films, it is well-written and skilfully made entertainment.

Before that, I watched Muhammad Ali, a four-part miniseries (with each part split into two on BBC iPlayer) which chronicles the life of 'the greatest', from his birth and upbringing in Louisville to his Olympic success, rise through the heavyweight ranks, successful challenge for the championship, conversion to Islam and three-year exile from the sport, and his comeback and deterioration in later life.

It's a powerful reminder of what a supreme talent Ali was, a fighter blessed with extraordinary footwork and hand speed, a showman par excellence and a fighter who could also exhibit remarkable cruelty and extraordinary durability.

I'm surprised that there were a number of different contributors, from family and friends to journalists and other boxers, but no input from Thomas Hauser, the pre-eminent authority on Muhammad Ali's life and career.
Old 26th June 2022, 10:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Started on Buffy season 4 again. I just love Buffy. It's a measure of how great the characters are that you just kinda miss them when you haven't watched it for a while.
Old 27th June 2022, 03:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Obi-Wan Kenobi
It probably won't sit well with some Star Wars fans but, for casual viewers of the franchise who aren't emotionally invested in the films, it is well-written and skilfully made entertainment.
You hit the nail one the head there. I was having the same conversation at work. It does seem that the casual viewer enjoyed the show more.
For me there were a number of plot points I did not like at all as they did not sit well with the Original Trilogy and that is a big no,no for me.
Overall the show was okay but for me it is not Star Wars canon.
Old 28th June 2022, 03:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ch5 When magic goes wrong,

We all love the magic of some sort the more dangerous and daring the better, and being wowed amazed etc, yes a lot about speed slight of hand and distraction etc, but this Shows the downside of magic tricks going wrong, and I don't mean going wrong as being able to see the wires or how the tricks are done, yes it does show that side as well, the guy strapped into a chair and a crossbow few feet away from him, goes wrong and actually hits him in top of the skull and embeds itself there, or the guy who is a straight jacket on a burning rope 70ft up slips and falls to the ground, or picking the wrong cup and slamming your hand down on the one that's got the knife/spike underneath,
You cringe or go ouch because you know what you see is the real thing and not something from a film set with fake blood etc.
It shows the downside to prove that despite all its trickery that’s it’s not all fake and foolproof and all about timing and can actually go wrong and if unlucky ending up in hospital and coming close to meeting your maker.
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 29th June 2022, 07:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Obi-Wan Kenobi over the last couple of days and thought it was very good. It begins with a brief recap of the first three films (Episodes I-III) and features a fine performance from Ewan McGregor in the title role. His Kenobi is often quite melancholy and the relationship has with the 10-year-old Leia Organa (an impressive Vivien Lyra Blair) is very engaging.

I was totally with it until the fourth episode. Where the undercover Empire woman was giving instructions to Obi-Wan within earshot of others yet she wasn't challenged over it. Also it was so obvious that someone or something was under that trenchcoat. I found it hilarious that no Empire personnel could notice (despite being on high alert). I could be wrong but I don't think I've even ever seen a similar Empire coat in all these years of Star Wars content. Making them stick out even more. Earlier in that episode, I had asked my wife, "How are they going to get out of there?" The writers had obviously written themselves into a corner if that's the only thing they could come up with. btw I'm currently watching season 3 of The Boys which is really good - highly recommended.
Dave Boy likes this.

Last edited by SymbioticFunction; 29th June 2022 at 08:55 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!