Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13829Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2022, 06:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

So... episode 7 of House of the Dragon anyone? I'm practically shaking it was so tense, best episode of the show so far!!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd October 2022, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
So... episode 7 of House of the Dragon anyone? I'm practically shaking it was so tense, best episode of the show so far!!
Will probably watch tomorrow, wanted to finish Dahmer, absolutely brilliant , creeping from start to finish , had me fascinated and disturbed in equal measures. The acting was top notch and the level of incompetence and indifference from the police department was mind boggling, was disgusting that no action was taking or anyone was fired .
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 4th October 2022, 07:27 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Only just watched episode 6 I was a bit taken back by the change in actors seems an odd choice mid season between seasons I understand but book there is was. I'm finding it hard to get into it to be honest and I can't explain it.
Old 4th October 2022, 09:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Titans_season_3_poster.jpg
TITANS SEASON 3

A rewatch of season 3. This show is awesome and blows all those garbage Marvel shows out of the water.
My only gripe would be Iain Glen as Bruce Wayne. Maybe it's his accent which does not work? Just can't see him as Batman.
Dark, violent. All super hero shows should be like this.
Old 13th October 2022, 08:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Has anyone else seen midnight club yet?

Criticism about the show no actual spoilers.

I've just finished episode 4, tbh I don't think the shows itself as bad as ppl make it out to be,
I find part of the problem is the acting isn't that great in parts,
It would help if we had more likeable characters who were a tadge more cheerful, it's a bit of putting how everyone is so morbid and has constant downers on literally everything,
it's like a hospice that's run by no one you barely ever see any staff at all like as if the place runs itself, so far you mainly only seen the Dr or the women who runs the group therapy, and as for Anya seriously who the hell have they got to play her everything about the character even the person who plays her is extremely grating. These are a few gripes that's probably putting me off, that and the main complaint is it's too slow, granted it is a bit slow but I love slow burners as long as they have decent plot and storyline to it, after all a lot of ppl liked archive 81 and that was slow, the series had a lot of potential but is failing a bit short due to the above problems, and probably more.
Old 14th October 2022, 10:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Knight Rider - Knight of the Phoenix. Bought the whole show on Blu about a year ago but only just got round to watching it, bouyed by me kicking off watching Magnum and Miami Vice lately. Michael Long is a cop who's shot in the face and left for dead, only to wake up with a new face and get enlisted into crime-fighting with a hi-tech AI car called KITT - with his first targets being those that tried to kill him. The feature length pilot was actually a lot more fun than I expected really, given I haven't seen this show since I was a kid and Hasselhoff is not exactly the greatest thespian known to man. Good natured fun with some pretty damn cool stunts. Lovin' my new retrogasm kick.
Old 15th October 2022, 10:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Has anyone else seen midnight club yet?

Criticism about the show no actual spoilers.

I've just finished episode 4, tbh I don't think the shows itself as bad as ppl make it out to be,
I find part of the problem is the acting isn't that great in parts,
It would help if we had more likeable characters who were a tadge more cheerful, it's a bit of putting how everyone is so morbid and has constant downers on literally everything,
it's like a hospice that's run by no one you barely ever see any staff at all like as if the place runs itself, so far you mainly only seen the Dr or the women who runs the group therapy, and as for Anya seriously who the hell have they got to play her everything about the character even the person who plays her is extremely grating. These are a few gripes that's probably putting me off, that and the main complaint is it's too slow, granted it is a bit slow but I love slow burners as long as they have decent plot and storyline to it, after all a lot of ppl liked archive 81 and that was slow, the series had a lot of potential but is failing a bit short due to the above problems, and probably more.
I’m up to episode 8 and I have to admit I’m really enjoying it so far.
I know what you mean about the set up of the hospice with seemingly one nurse ( although others are referred to ). And does anyone EVER switch a light on??!
The Anya character does grate a bit, but I think you’ll sympathise with her a bit more as the show progresses.
The scares are good, too.
Here’s hoping for a decent ending!
Old 15th October 2022, 01:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I’m up to episode 8 and I have to admit I’m really enjoying it so far.
I know what you mean about the set up of the hospice with seemingly one nurse ( although others are referred to ). And does anyone EVER switch a light on??!
The Anya character does grate a bit, but I think you’ll sympathise with her a bit more as the show progresses.
The scares are good, too.
Here’s hoping for a decent ending!
True, I just don't think it's as bad as ppl are making out, apart from the Anya character rest are just minor gripes but they don't actually ruin the show, I do think the build up is been done very nicely and the atmospheres there, hope it's building up to something and the storyline be like a jigsaw puzzle they'll all fit together in the end, and we are left with more Q? Than answers, but so far not too bad. Just a few tweaks here could have slightly improved it.
Old 15th October 2022, 01:07 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Only just watched episode 6 I was a bit taken back by the change in actors seems an odd choice mid season between seasons I understand but book there is was. I'm finding it hard to get into it to be honest and I can't explain it.

I knew that the cast change was coming from the start so it didn’t bother me. The 2 new women are actually really good. Episode 8 was one of the best so far. Really looking forward to seeing how it wraps the season up.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th October 2022, 10:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Am currently on episode 2 of Adam Curtis' Trauma Zone. Perfect for Sunday ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!