Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th December 2022, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After watching two episodes of Terrahawks on YT, now I wants that bloody box set

I remembered something creepy, but it's camp AF tbh. Sold!!
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th December 2022, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Simpsons: Kill Gil Volumes 1 and 2.

After being sacked from Costingtons, the Simpsons take in Gil and regret it.

This one hadn't seen but knew it be a laugh with down on his luck Gil who only pops up every so often and only as a C character. This episode also brings in The Grump a decent parody of The Grinch which Homer makes a enemy out of. Season 18 Episode 9

300px-Chalkboard387.jpg
Old 11th December 2022, 08:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Final few eps of the final season of Elementary. The final ep is a sweet summation of the series, but enjoyable as it is the real meat here is the penultimate eps as Holmes and Watson (and eventually the entire NYPD) face off with deranged billionaire tech mogul Odin Reichenbach (the brilliant James Frain), arguably the nastiest and most dangerous villain in the entire show. Cracking stuff.
Old 15th December 2022, 04:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Revisiting Inside Victor Lewis-Smith and TV Offal in tribute. Still very cheeky tbh.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th December 2022, 06:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Big Bang Theory: The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis.

Leonard begins working with a physicist at the university and Penny begins to get attracted to him causing Leonard to get jealous. Sheldon ponders at what to get Penny for a Christmas present.

This had its laughs with the boys discussing Sluperman and Krypton right at the start and then a new person on campus comes in giving Leonard a reason to call himself a hypocrite and Sheldon showing a bit more emotion than normal after receiving a autograph from Leonard Nimoy. Season 2 Episode 11.

MV5BMTUyNzYwMDUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc5MDAyMg@@._V1_.jpg
Old 19th December 2022, 07:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Big Bang Theory: The Maternal Congruence.

Leonard's mother comes for a visit much to his dismay and Sheldon's Joy.

Christine Baranski returns to the series as Leonard's mother and steals the show especially discussing Howard and Raj's relationship and try to keep a straight face when Penny takes her drinking and ends up half cut and trying to comfort her son. Season 3 Episode 11

https___i.cdn.tbs.com_assets_images_2017_04_bbt-s3e11-1600x900-1600x900_071420140327.jpg

Last edited by MrBarlow; 19th December 2022 at 08:08 PM.
Old 19th December 2022, 09:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Santa Clauses

Disney+ Series based on The Santa Clause Movies that sees Scott Calvin feeling that he has had enough of being Santa Claus and retires and he and his family return to the Real World (Chicago)

However he finds a potential replacement (Kal Penn) who may or not be suitable as well as having difficulties readjusting to civilian life.

Elizabeth Mitchell returns also as well as a couple of characters from The Movies and leaves it open to maybe returns, should there be another series.

All in all, it's a decent effort with the Easter Eggs to get The fans engaged, it does have it's humorous moments as well with his Son wanting to experience the stranger things in life (Going to the DMV)
Old 19th December 2022, 09:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Big Bang Thepry: The Santa Simulation.

Sheldon; Leonard, Howard, Stuart do a festive Dungeons & Dragons game while Raj goes out with the girls.

Right from the start this has always been a laugh for me especially with the guys telling their girlfriends the weekend plans and coming out with the comments. Sheldon's hatred for Christmas is slowly revealed and Raj's comments about the game are comical. Season 6 Episode 11.

https___i.cdn.tbs.com_assets_images_2017_04_bbt-s6e11-1600x900-1600x900_071620141227.jpg

Raj: The first monster I see, I'm going to sneak up behind him, whip out my wand and shoot my magic all over his ass.
Stuart: Do you hear yourself when you say these things?
Old 20th December 2022, 06:49 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Finally settled into the new house sogetting to watch TV and films again. Started season 4 of what we do in the shadows last night. First two seasons are brilliant but season 3 was a major disappointment. Fingers crossed this season improves.
Old 20th December 2022, 08:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Finally settled into the new house sogetting to watch TV and films again. Started season 4 of what we do in the shadows last night. First two seasons are brilliant but season 3 was a major disappointment. Fingers crossed this season improves.

Im watching this for the first time from season 1. I put it off because I didn’t think it would be as good as the film but I’m pleased to say I love it. Stand out episodes so far from S1 are The Baron’s Night Out and The Orgy lol.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!