Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2023, 07:46 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Last Of Us

This is how you adapt a much loved video game into a TV show. It has it all so far the look the story plenty little Easter eggs thrown in throughout. They really are doing an amazing job it's a harrowing tale with not much light at the end of the tunnel it's bleak it's funny and it's an emotional ride even if your not into video games it's still top quality TV.
Old 24th February 2023, 08:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Finished S1 of Only Murders in the Building. Great fun from start to finish. Grr at the cliffhanger though! Gotta get season 2 now.
Old 24th February 2023, 10:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Finished S1 of Only Murders in the Building. Great fun from start to finish. Grr at the cliffhanger though! Gotta get season 2 now.
I enjoyed season 1 of this Iank, but my wife and i gave up on season 2 after 3รจ episodes. It seemed to exist purely for the sake of it, the plot was pointless and felt like it was made just because the first one did well.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 25th February 2023, 08:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

X Files: Theef. A successful doctor and his family come under attack from hex magic by a man thirsty for vengeance. Season 7 was a bit of a dodgy season all told, but this really scary episode is definitely one of its highlights. The microwave scene is hard to forget!
Old 28th February 2023, 11:58 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I watched the first series of His Dark Materials last week.

A series which began well but tailed off the nearer the finale it got. It ended with what looked like a dimension gateway opening up and our heroine the orphan Lyra, played excellently by Dafne Keen, stepping though it.

Although always watchable it was really only Ruth Wilson as the villainous Mrs Coulter and the numerous cute daemons that kept me watching.

I won't be bothering with series two and three, which going off the viewing figures, not many others did either.
Old 1st March 2023, 08:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin. Watched an ep and a bit of this last night before giving up. The new cast don't hold a candle to the old, the one character who talks in nothing but Twitter speak made me want to throw something at the screen, and it also seems to take itself very, very seriously, with none of the wit or self-knowing charm of the original. Ended up turning it off halfway thru ep2 (and if you think that's too quick, I was interested in the original show after ep 1) and watching Watching instead. The curse of modern television strikes again.
Old 1st March 2023, 09:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin. Watched an ep and a bit of this last night before giving up. The new cast don't hold a candle to the old, the one character who talks in nothing but Twitter speak made me want to throw something at the screen, and it also seems to take itself very, very seriously, with none of the wit or self-knowing charm of the original. Ended up turning it off halfway thru ep2 (and if you think that's too quick, I was interested in the original show after ep 1) and watching Watching instead. The curse of modern television strikes again.
This was on / is on BBC1 late one night each week, can't remember when exactly. I saw a few minutes of it when i was changing discs and i must have seen the girl you mean as i remember thinking to myself "What are you on about?"

It didn't remain on the screen very long.
iank likes this.
Old 2nd March 2023, 08:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Onto Watching season 6, which I've never seen before thanks to emigrating. Still very funny, but there's a palpable sense of sadness hanging over this season that's strikingly different, with Malcolm now married to someone else and both he and Brenda starting to realise that they have, in the words of Arrested Development, "made a huge mistake" but both think it's too late. There's some real poignancy here. Marry in haste, repent at leisure!
Old 4th March 2023, 06:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Finished Watching s6, onto season 7, the final, now. Going through these very quick now lol, partly because it's so easy to watch and partly because I've never seen these before. Season 6 was very good but I am glad the marriage plot is over and Brenda and Malcolm are together again. While the resolution perhaps it made it very easy on them - with Lucinda having been cheating on him and both of them wanting to be with someone else - I think they made them (and us) suffer enough to get there. It was kinda stressing me out.
Old 7th March 2023, 09:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Prison Break: Season 1

When his Brother is on Death Row for a Murder he didn't commit, he gets himself sent there in order to free him via escape.

This is one of my favorite TV Seasons ever, it was so thrilling and it didn't insult my intelligence as in not everything went right and that others that weren't meant to be in on the escape had to be included and even though I knew what happens, the moment they start the escape is one of the most thrilling experiences, I've had watching a TV Series.

I remember reading a comment that Robert Knepper must get funny looks when with his children, he was so good (Later on I realized that he was actually in Wild Thing (1987).

Season 2 was actually good because it was a natural follow up with the manhunt.

Season 3 was ok with them with them in a Panamanian Prison.

Season 4 should have been a 3 episode mini-series to wrap things up.

Season 5 was basically a ret-con.

Like this? Share it using the links below!