Old 25th June 2014, 09:57 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Anyone seen MODERN FAMILY? Claire wants to watch it
Yeah, it's laugh out loud funny and one of those shows it's hard to stop watching as I always find myself thinking 'Just one more episode and then I'll sleep!'
Old 25th June 2014, 10:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Anyone seen MODERN FAMILY? Claire wants to watch it
I'l second that. The dad alone..... and Al Bundy's in it. Need we say more.....?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2014, 05:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I'l second that. The dad alone..... and Al Bundy's in it. Need we say more.....?
My kids keep telling me I get more like Phil everyday...anyway I don't have time to chat, it's back to the Colombian dating sites for me.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 25th June 2014, 05:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
My kids keep telling me I get more like Phil everyday...anyway I don't have time to chat, it's back to the Colombian dating sites for me.
I didn't know that witchcraft was massively prevalent in Colombia. I would think that Central and Eastern Europe would be your best bet, or Africa and parts of Asia if you're after something a little more exotic!
Old 25th June 2014, 07:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't know that witchcraft was massively prevalent in Colombia. I would think that Central and Eastern Europe would be your best bet, or Africa and parts of Asia if you're after something a little more exotic!
Witchcraft is fairly popular everywhere away from the gaze of the Western World. Latino witchcraft appears to be popular in academic circles and the underground of the occult at the moment. I work with an African woman who tells me fantastic stories of witchcraft and Fortean madness from her home country.

Anyhow I was actually making a reference to Gloria from Modern Family...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mf.jpg (14.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg sofia_vergara_see_thru_gq_mexico_may_2012_6.jpg (7.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg th (5).jpg (19.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg th (4).jpg (10.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg th (6).jpg (18.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 25th June 2014, 08:01 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Witchcraft is fairly popular everywhere away from the gaze of the Western World. Latino witchcraft appears to be popular in academic circles and the underground of the occult at the moment. I work with an African woman who tells me fantastic stories of witchcraft and Fortean madness from her home country.

Anyhow I was actually making a reference to Gloria from Modern Family...
The reference was totally lost on me as I have never seen it (or even heard of it). The world of TV is a scary labyrinthine place where I very rarely tread.

Despite my little joke regarding your internet witch hunt, I did read somewhere not too long ago that a woman was burned to death in Colombia on suspicion of witchcraft only a few years ago... whether that is true or not is an entirely different matter though. As you know, I'm a casual fan of the occult and witchcraft but it has always been something that has fascinated me. I should really try and indulge my fascination a little more and read more into it.
Old 25th June 2014, 08:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
The reference was totally lost on me as I have never seen it (or even heard of it). The world of TV is a scary labyrinthine place where I very rarely tread.

Despite my little joke regarding your internet witch hunt, I did read somewhere not too long ago that a woman was burned to death in Colombia on suspicion of witchcraft only a few years ago... whether that is true or not is an entirely different matter though. As you know, I'm a casual fan of the occult and witchcraft but it has always been something that has fascinated me. I should really try and indulge my fascination a little more and read more into it.
I tend not to watch telly too much but have lately started to watch the odd boxset people at work have lent me and that's how I discovered Modern Family. You should check out "True Detective", I think you would really like it.

Yeah, once you step outside Europe the rest of the world seems like our Middle Ages in regard to witches. There are some horrific things going on in Africa by witches and those accusing people of Witchcraft. From talking to some of my Pakistani co-workers, black magic and witchcraft are very real problems for people in Pakistan and amongst the Pakistani population here. It all sounds great to me but then again I'm not living with the belief that I could be cursed at any moment or that a djinn might attack me!
Old 25th June 2014, 08:49 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I tend not to watch telly too much but have lately started to watch the odd boxset people at work have lent me and that's how I discovered Modern Family. You should check out "True Detective", I think you would really like it.

Yeah, once you step outside Europe the rest of the world seems like our Middle Ages in regard to witches. There are some horrific things going on in Africa by witches and those accusing people of Witchcraft. From talking to some of my Pakistani co-workers, black magic and witchcraft are very real problems for people in Pakistan and amongst the Pakistani population here. It all sounds great to me but then again I'm not living with the belief that I could be cursed at any moment or that a djinn might attack me!
A few people have recommended me True Detective. It may be something I delve into eventually, but my general problem is that I have so many films to watch/that I want to watch without also getting invested in a long running show (or multiple shows) as they can become quite addictive and dominate your viewing. I do watch some TV very late at night in the form of stuff I have on DVD, but that is more to relax (and usually fall asleep to) as it will be an old favourite show (usually comedy based) that I've seen many times before.

I've barely scratched the surface where African and Asian witchcraft belief is concerned but it's definitely interesting stuff.
Old 25th June 2014, 08:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
A few people have recommended me True Detective. It may be something I delve into eventually, but my general problem is that I have so many films to watch/that I want to watch without also getting invested in a long running show (or multiple shows) as they can become quite addictive and dominate your viewing. I do watch some TV very late at night in the form of stuff I have on DVD, but that is more to relax (and usually fall asleep to) as it will be an old favourite show (usually comedy based) that I've seen many times before.

I've barely scratched the surface where African and Asian witchcraft belief is concerned but it's definitely interesting stuff.
TV is time consuming, I watched "True Detective" in one sitting after being completely hooked by the first episode...here's two images to sell you the programme...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th (7).jpg (5.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg true-detective.jpg (19.9 KB, 8 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!