Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2014, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching millennium season 2 , I thought the first season was good this ones even better. Just hope the thirds just as good. Shame their was only the three seasons.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching millennium season 2 , I thought the first season was good this ones even better. Just hope the thirds just as good. Shame their was only the three seasons.
S2 was the high water mark for me. S3 has some amazing episodes but s2 works as an entire thing rather than a collection of good episodes.
Things about s3 don't make sense in regards to s2 but i'll leave it at that. You will know what i'm on about after end of s2.

Also i'll back up what has been said about True detective. Incredible mix of modern detective show with elements of pulp crime novels. Pays great homage to Robert Chambers KING IN YELLOW.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:18 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
S2 was the high water mark for me. S3 has some amazing episodes but s2 works as an entire thing rather than a collection of good episodes.
Things about s3 don't make sense in regards to s2 but i'll leave it at that. You will know what i'm on about after end of s2.

Also i'll back up what has been said about True detective. Incredible mix of modern detective show with elements of pulp crime novels. Pays great homage to Robert Chambers KING IN YELLOW.
The KING IN YELLOW homage was a nice touch for me as I had only finished reading the book a few weeks ago. Fans of weird fiction should check it out.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

How good is true detective picked it up as a part blind buy and partly because it was only £12 in cex and with trading cost only cost £2
Old 27th June 2014, 06:04 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
How good is true detective picked it up as a part blind buy and partly because it was only £12 in cex and with trading cost only cost £2
Bargain!
Old 27th June 2014, 08:18 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That's a great price. I'd finished watching it last night (I rented it from Lovefilm so watched it over three nights) and thought it was brilliant TV. It seems to have touches on the X-Files, Millennium and even Twin Peaks, but stands on its own as a terrific miniseries.
Old 27th June 2014, 11:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Very, very good and £12 is an absolute steal. I only just finished it myself and already want to watch it again. I love the pace of it, really pulls you in.
Old 28th June 2014, 01:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Beach Boys: Live at Knebworth from 1980. Great live concert featuring amazing songs and amazing vocal harmonies. Watched this when I got home from my local last night. Sad that they lost Dennis and Carl Wilson some three and eighteen years later respectively, but that's life I suppose. Great band, love their sound and their songs
Old 29th June 2014, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched true detective over last two nights as good as everyone said, had me gripped from beginning to end. Harrelson and McConaughey are both fantastic.
Old 1st July 2014, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Was going to watch something from the 80s on Netflix but went a little further back and decided to watch the Rockford files last time I saw this is when I was a little kid, do remember it was one of my fathers favourite shows, all I can remember is the theme tune.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!