Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2014, 10:54 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watched true detective over last two nights as good as everyone said, had me gripped from beginning to end. Harrelson and McConaughey are both fantastic.
I agree.

I just finished the first season of Da Vinci's Demons, not really my usual cup of tea but it's good enough to waste some time on.
Old 2nd July 2014, 02:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hollywood's Killer Bear;

A fascinating if ultimately sad documentary about a televised stunt involving a grizzly bear named ROCKY and one of his minders. The stunt turned nasty, the bear attacks his minder and the minder ends up losing his life. Hard to watch at times, despite the attack lasting no more then eight seconds
Old 2nd July 2014, 03:01 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Hollywood's Killer Bear;

A fascinating if ultimately sad documentary about a televised stunt involving a grizzly bear named ROCKY and one of his minders. The stunt turned nasty, the bear attacks his minder and the minder ends up losing his life. Hard to watch at times, despite the attack lasting no more then eight seconds
The other day, Chloe was watching something that she had recorded about the bear Hercules - Hercules (bear) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was a fascinating documentary, featuring many incidents that I remembered from the time - the 'wrestling' aspect, the many television appearances, the 'escape' etc
demonknight likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th July 2014, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

watched the entire fourth season of games of thrones last night, still has to be one of my favorite shows on tv
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th July 2014, 11:21 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Got an American Netflix account so finally getting around to watching The Walking Dead season 3. Im seven episodes in so far so good.
Old 6th July 2014, 08:56 PM
Cult Addict

Presently watching the first series of ARROW which is basically the recent Batman films in a hoodie.
Old 6th July 2014, 10:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching Star Trek next generation on netflix. The first two seasons have not aged well apart from a handful of episodes , most are at times are painful to watch. Poor acting, terrible scripts and dialogue. TOS has aged better than this. But things pick up in the third (when Roddenberry had less to to with it) and it becomes the classic it is with many stand out episodes including my favourite episode of any trek show, the inner light.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th July 2014, 10:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching Star Trek next generation on netflix. The first two seasons have not aged well apart from a handful of episodes , most are at times are painful to watch. Poor acting, terrible scripts and dialogue. TOS has aged better than this.
It's odd isn't it.

TNG with all it's slickness back in the day has dated so badly. It looks worse than the original series as you say. Even classic Doctor Who and Blakes-7 stands up better.
Mojo and trebor8273 like this.
Old 8th July 2014, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched the pilot for the flash and enjoyed this a lot more than I thought. Can't wait for the full series. Was a nice touch to have John Wesley shipp, who played the flash in the 90s show as Barry aliens father.
Old 9th July 2014, 12:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched penny dreadful last night and expected it to be dreadful but to my surprise I ended up enjoying it so much I watched the entire series in one sitting last night.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!