Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13811Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2014, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Hmm! I'm none too sure on this, although I like Pertwee as Alfred! I'll give it a few more episodes yet.
Is just me or is pertwee looking more and more like his father?

Thought the actor playing Oswald did a good job. I feel sorry for him but you can see their is a psychotic evil side to him. I just hope they don't spoil it by bringing the joker in and giving him a backstory the joker should remain a mystery. My praise for the show was probably a bit to much a 8.5 or sold 9. Still a great show with lots of potential and as I said it's nice to see events from the death of Bruce's parents to the time he comes back to Gotham and dons the mantel of the batman. Sure this has never been been explored before(could be wrong) and always liked the character of Gordon and interesting to see how most of the main villians (not joker) start out and become the super criminals we know .

Last edited by trebor8273; 24th September 2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 24th September 2014, 10:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Is just me or is pertwee looking more and more like his father?

Thought the actor playing Oswald did a good job. I feel sorry for him but you can see their is a psychotic evil side to him. I just hope they don't spoil it by bringing the joker in and giving him a backstory the joker should remain a mystery. My praise for the show was probably a bit to much a 8.5 or sold 9. Still a great show with lots of potential and as I said it's nice to see events from the death of Bruce's parents to the time he comes back to Gotham and dons the mantel of the batman. Sure this has never been been explored before(could be wrong) and always liked the character of Gordon and interesting to see how most of the main villians (not joker) start out and become the super criminals we know .
Wasn't that comedian in the club mean't to be a pre-Joker, that was the impression I got, and yes Pertwee is getting more 'Doctor-ish' all he needs really is a frilly shirt. I take your point as regards the actor who played Oswald he actually is pretty good. But if you get a chance of seeing it again look closely at the comedians reactions when Oswald is giving his boss a foot rub, there was a scared malevolance, (if there is such a thing), about him.
Old 24th September 2014, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Wasn't that comedian in the club mean't to be a pre-Joker, that was the impression I got, and yes Pertwee is getting more 'Doctor-ish' all he needs really is a frilly shirt. I take your point as regards the actor who played Oswald he actually is pretty good. But if you get a chance of seeing it again look closely at the comedians reactions when Oswald is giving his boss a foot rub, there was a scared malevolance, (if there is such a thing), about him.

Same impression I got with the comedian character.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:15 PM
Cult Addict

Just finished GOTHAM myself, interesting so far. I think the comedian in the club was the Joker too. Mainly because of the joke he was telling. Very much in the Jokers sense of humour

Also watched s2 01 of Agents of shield. Seems to be picking up the pace, nice to see THE ABSORBING MAN turn up.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 25th September 2014, 08:14 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
I just hope they don't spoil it by bringing the joker in and giving him a backstory the joker should remain a mystery
Bad news, I'm afraid

Quoted from Wikipedia:

"As originally conceived, the series would have served as a straightforward story of Gordon's early days on the Gotham City police force. The idea evolved not only to include the Bruce Wayne character, but will also tell the origin stories of several Batman villains, including Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Joker, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Harvey Dent and Mr. Freeze."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th September 2014, 09:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the second part of Oh! You Pretty Things on BBC4. #
Scant mention of Bowie, 10 minutes on Rick Wakeman's cape and some ponce dressed like Noel Fielding fronting a bar band.

Thank Cthulhu for the Pistols!!!

Woefully inaccurate in places, this is the worst thing that BBC4 have shown since that sodding 4 hour Tom Petty doc!!!
Next week promises more car crash tv as the age of the "stylist" beckons....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th September 2014, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Bad news, I'm afraid

Quoted from Wikipedia:

"As originally conceived, the series would have served as a straightforward story of Gordon's early days on the Gotham City police force. The idea evolved not only to include the Bruce Wayne character, but will also tell the origin stories of several Batman villains, including Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Joker, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Harvey Dent and Mr. Freeze."
They might do a good job. But still think joker should be a mystery.
Old 25th September 2014, 06:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
They might do a good job. But still think joker should be a mystery.
Have you read Alan Moore's THE KILLING JOKE?

If not you should. It gives a back story to the Joker and is really very good indeed. I'm hoping they just nick that for Gotham.
Demoncrat and Vipp like this.
Old 25th September 2014, 06:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Have you read Alan Moore's THE KILLING JOKE?

If not you should. It gives a back story to the Joker and is really very good indeed. I'm hoping they just nick that for Gotham.
No heard good things will pick it up at some point
Old 28th September 2014, 12:36 PM
Cult Addict

Killing joke is really good, one of my favourites.

I've mostly been watching season 4 of The Walking Dead as it's been on 5*.
Really enjoyed it but frustrated now because i haven't got Sky or any of those things and want to watch the new season.
Some parts really affected me especially the scene with the two girls a couple of episodes back, also the final episode where the main cop bloke goes mental and bites the guys throat out, thought that scene was pretty tense.
Loved walking dead when it first appeared then lost interest during season 2, but seasons 3 & 4 i've really liked.
keirarts, trebor8273 and Vipp like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!