Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2014, 09:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Seinfeld

Ive really forgotten how funny this was and still is. Its still one of the funniest shows I have ever seen and if don't find it funny you must be dead. We all at some point got into the situations that the gang get into hence why it so funny,it's a also a bit sad how much like George I am.

I just wish it was like the mash box sets where you have the option to turn of the canned laughter
This is Larry David basically (co creator of Seinfeld). Have you tried his Curb Your Enthusiasm?? Whilst it did run out of steam towards the end, it contains some of the funniest, imo, sitcom "moments" that I have seen in the "comedy of embarassment" genre.

AANyhow. BBC4 have a Gothic theme for the next fortnight or so, this includes a showing of the Hammer Dracula next monday, a reshowing of Gatiss' divisive Eurohorror programme and episode(s?) from the 1977 series Supernatural...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th October 2014, 09:37 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
This is Larry David basically (co creator of Seinfeld). Have you tried his Curb Your Enthusiasm?? Whilst it did run out of steam towards the end, it contains some of the funniest, imo, sitcom "moments" that I have seen in the "comedy of embarassment" genre.

AANyhow. BBC4 have a Gothic theme for the next fortnight or so, this includes a showing of the Hammer Dracula next monday, a reshowing of Gatiss' divisive Eurohorror programme and episode(s?) from the 1977 series Supernatural...

David is still hopeful of doing another season of Curb. I really hope it happens. One of the best US shows ever, and dare I say it, I like it even more than Seinfeld.
Frankenhooker likes this.
Old 17th October 2014, 09:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
David is still hopeful of doing another season of Curb. I really hope it happens. One of the best US shows ever, and dare I say it, I like it even more than Seinfeld.
Really?? After his last outing (the excellent if softer in tone Clear History), I felt that that was that. Oh well, fingers crossed then!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th October 2014, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Dracula from the Network Mystery & Imagination set. Wow. Whilst it plays fast and loose with the original text, there are some great moments in this adaptation from 1968. Denholm Elliot as the Count being chiefly among them. Whilst the chap playing Seward is a bit stiff (intentionally?), Susan George lets rip with an interesting take on Lucy (for the time...). Am now probably going to use this for Halloween.......

Decent looking remaster as well imo. Crisp in places even.

[B]
Old 17th October 2014, 09:58 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default What TV have you seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Really?? After his last outing (the excellent if softer in tone Clear History), I felt that that was that. Oh well, fingers crossed then!!

Yeah, he's actually mentioned it twice in the last month or so. He basically says it's due to other things coming up, and isn't ruling out a 9th season. As you say, fingers crossed!

Here's the most recent interview, with the Curb comments near the end. http://www.laughspin.com/2014/10/12/...erview-photos/

http://youtu.be/BL35da4x0D0
Old 17th October 2014, 10:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I enjoy it more than Seinfeld, the comedy is much closer to the bone. The older I get, the closer my opinions mirror those of Larry, which is a worry.
Old 17th October 2014, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I enjoy it more than Seinfeld, the comedy is much closer to the bone. The older I get, the closer my opinions mirror those of Larry, which is a worry.
Glad its not just me then!
Old 17th October 2014, 11:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Is Fringe worth watching ? Massive X Files and Millennium fan, two shows I see it compared to.
Old 18th October 2014, 01:08 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Is Fringe worth watching ? Massive X Files and Millennium fan, two shows I see it compared to.
Yes, it is very good. The set up is very X Files, male and female investigating weird crimes but it goes off into very strange places...parallel worlds, alternative timelines however it's main strength are the constant themes of loss, belonging and possible redemption played out by the three main characters. It is funny too.
Old 18th October 2014, 08:41 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I love fringe.

Watched HANNIBAL series 1.

was very wary of this, mainly because Hannibal lector has been on a downward spiral of quality since silence of the lambs. Red Dragon was a poor man's Manhunter and Hannibal Rising was more Hannibal Rise-able.

HOWEVER, I always give the character another chance, and the big appeal here was Mads Mikkelsen an actor I cannot get enough of. (have you seen the HUNT? if not check it out) Frankly he's an inspired choice for lector and would love to see him continue in the role in future projects. The show is perhaps the finest Lector project in many years and well worth a watch.

Like this? Share it using the links below!