Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

demonknight 18th October 2014 03:17 PM

Pioneers of Television one hour long documentaries focusing on a different genre on the PBS America channel. Their latest doc focused on SCIENCE FICTION and in particular on the creation of Star Trek, Lost in Space and The Twilight Zone. It included interviews with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Rod Serling amongst others. It was bloody brilliant. After watching it, I'm now trying to get my hands on some TWILIGHT ZONE and LOST IN SPACE discs. The next edition focuses on Westerns. Hope I haven't missed the one on HORROR! :zombie:

Bringer Of Funerals 18th October 2014 03:40 PM

Thinking of buying Boardwalk Empire after the final season comes out to buy

:jason:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th October 2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 421949)
Thinking of buying Boardwalk Empire after the final season comes out to buy

:jason:

Funny enough, I was only talking about this with someone this morning, saying I had seen the first season, thought it was brilliant and would wait until the box set of the complete series had dropped in price – probably about this time next year – before buying it, rather than buy straightaway.

Bringer Of Funerals 18th October 2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 421958)
Funny enough, I was only talking about this with someone this morning, saying I had seen the first season, thought it was brilliant and would wait until the box set of the complete series had dropped in price – probably about this time next year – before buying it, rather than buy straightaway.

I'll be doing the same

trebor8273 21st October 2014 08:03 PM

What TV have you seen?

3 Attachment(s)
Watching this.

Attachment 147556

Attachment 147557

Attachment 147558

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd October 2014 09:06 PM

Life Story.

Two day old Barnacled geese chicks plummeting hundreds of feet down huge cliffs, smashing themselves on the rocks - absolutely harrowing viewing, yet three of the five chicks actually survive. :eek:

A superb first episode.

antmumford 23rd October 2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 422746)
Life Story.

Two day old Barnacled geese chicks plummeting hundreds of feet down huge cliffs, smashing themselves on the rocks - absolutely harrowing viewing, yet three of the five chicks actually survive. :eek:

A superb first episode.

Had Kelly and I on the edge of our sofa.

We're gonna have to go hunt down that Waterfall spot in Kaikura when we visit to try and see the seals

J Harker 24th October 2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 421822)
I love fringe.

Watched HANNIBAL series 1.

was very wary of this, mainly because Hannibal lector has been on a downward spiral of quality since silence of the lambs. Red Dragon was a poor man's Manhunter and Hannibal Rising was more Hannibal Rise-able.

HOWEVER, I always give the character another chance, and the big appeal here was Mads Mikkelsen an actor I cannot get enough of. (have you seen the HUNT? if not check it out) Frankly he's an inspired choice for lector and would love to see him continue in the role in future projects. The show is perhaps the finest Lector project in many years and well worth a watch.

We gave up after about 5 episodes of Hannibal, mainly because Mads Mikelson has the charisma of a fencepost. Really struggled to get past it, in both Manhunter and the Hopkins films the Lector character is a very watchable character while i like Brian Cox's take i find Hopkins made the character likeable. Mads just bores me when he's on screen.

Frankenhooker 24th October 2014 09:25 AM

It took me a while to 'adjust' to Mikkelsen as Lector, but I now think he's brilliant in the role.

Its a superb show, can't wait for season three.

Make Them Die Slowly 25th October 2014 09:07 AM

DC comics assault on TV continues with the first episode of CONSTANTINE on Amazon Prime. Pretty good and has the feel of an apology for the film!