Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2014, 03:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Pioneers of Television one hour long documentaries focusing on a different genre on the PBS America channel. Their latest doc focused on SCIENCE FICTION and in particular on the creation of Star Trek, Lost in Space and The Twilight Zone. It included interviews with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Rod Serling amongst others. It was bloody brilliant. After watching it, I'm now trying to get my hands on some TWILIGHT ZONE and LOST IN SPACE discs. The next edition focuses on Westerns. Hope I haven't missed the one on HORROR!
Old 18th October 2014, 03:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Thinking of buying Boardwalk Empire after the final season comes out to buy

Old 18th October 2014, 04:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Thinking of buying Boardwalk Empire after the final season comes out to buy

Funny enough, I was only talking about this with someone this morning, saying I had seen the first season, thought it was brilliant and would wait until the box set of the complete series had dropped in price – probably about this time next year – before buying it, rather than buy straightaway.
Old 18th October 2014, 05:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Funny enough, I was only talking about this with someone this morning, saying I had seen the first season, thought it was brilliant and would wait until the box set of the complete series had dropped in price – probably about this time next year – before buying it, rather than buy straightaway.
I'll be doing the same
Old 21st October 2014, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What TV have you seen?

Watching this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413921875.807849.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413921888.613902.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413921897.181774.jpg
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Life Story.

Two day old Barnacled geese chicks plummeting hundreds of feet down huge cliffs, smashing themselves on the rocks - absolutely harrowing viewing, yet three of the five chicks actually survive.

A superb first episode.
antmumford likes this.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Life Story.

Two day old Barnacled geese chicks plummeting hundreds of feet down huge cliffs, smashing themselves on the rocks - absolutely harrowing viewing, yet three of the five chicks actually survive.

A superb first episode.
Had Kelly and I on the edge of our sofa.

We're gonna have to go hunt down that Waterfall spot in Kaikura when we visit to try and see the seals
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th October 2014, 08:59 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I love fringe.

Watched HANNIBAL series 1.

was very wary of this, mainly because Hannibal lector has been on a downward spiral of quality since silence of the lambs. Red Dragon was a poor man's Manhunter and Hannibal Rising was more Hannibal Rise-able.

HOWEVER, I always give the character another chance, and the big appeal here was Mads Mikkelsen an actor I cannot get enough of. (have you seen the HUNT? if not check it out) Frankly he's an inspired choice for lector and would love to see him continue in the role in future projects. The show is perhaps the finest Lector project in many years and well worth a watch.
We gave up after about 5 episodes of Hannibal, mainly because Mads Mikelson has the charisma of a fencepost. Really struggled to get past it, in both Manhunter and the Hopkins films the Lector character is a very watchable character while i like Brian Cox's take i find Hopkins made the character likeable. Mads just bores me when he's on screen.
Old 24th October 2014, 09:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

It took me a while to 'adjust' to Mikkelsen as Lector, but I now think he's brilliant in the role.

Its a superb show, can't wait for season three.
Old 25th October 2014, 09:07 AM
Cult Addict

DC comics assault on TV continues with the first episode of CONSTANTINE on Amazon Prime. Pretty good and has the feel of an apology for the film!

Like this? Share it using the links below!