Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13829Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2011, 12:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Seems i'm way behind with these two shows, only got series 1 of American Dad and the first six seasons of Family Guy.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:08 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Saw on Facebook yesterday that in an upcoming episode Brain and Stewie track back in time to the very first episode!
The welfare scam one - nice!

I love the comedy in the very early seasons, so it will be interesting to see how they do this one.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:12 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Seems i'm way behind with these two shows, only got series 1 of American Dad and the first six seasons of Family Guy.
I have up to season 5 of American Dad and season 9 of Family Guy, although I know I have the remaining seasons coming for xmas.

Whilst Family Guy has been getting gradually worse over time (as all shows usually do) American Dad get's better over seasons 2,3 & 4 imo.

I've also pre-ordered Volume 5 of Futurama, which is my favourite animated show.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
The welfare scam one - nice!

I love the comedy in the very early seasons, so it will be interesting to see how they do this one.
Even though I went off Family Guy somewhere in the 4th season I might give this a watch to see how they pull it off. I agree with you and think the style of comedy in the early seasons was far better than the stuff they do now. I'll take actual jokes that stem from dialogue and situations over excessive cutaways and insulting offensiveness just for the sake of it any day.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I have the original frst four series of Futurama (all the size of shoeboxes ) and although i love it i still have yet to see series 3 and 4. Owned them for years as well.

How come no-one came up with this thread in the past?
Old 11th November 2011, 12:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I have up to season 5 of American Dad and season 9 of Family Guy, although I know I have the remaining seasons coming for xmas.

Whilst Family Guy has been getting gradually worse over time (as all shows usually do) American Dad get's better over seasons 2,3 & 4 imo.
I don't have any AD sets - I watch it on BBC Three. I have all but one of the Family Guy boxsets up to season 9 and that is season 2.

Family Guy is getting slightly worse. For me the problem is that they seem to be more interested in doing big fancy action/musical sequences rather than jokes.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 11th November 2011, 08:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm rubbish at sticking with long running tv shows, but this years The Shadow Line was bloody brilliant, with a career best (and show-stealing) turn from Stephen Rea as Gatehouse, a classic villain in any medium . . .
Old 11th November 2011, 09:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Just watched the last episode of The Jury tonight. Cracking!

Just started on Arrow's boxset of The Killing. Blindingly good stuff, but why no Blu, Arrow? Need to get it finished before series 2 is released on December 12th!

Have also borrowed series 1 and 2 of Spiral from my parents, so I'll crack on with that next.

Did anyone watch the recent BBC 2 series The Hour. Thought it was fantastic although I've yet to see the last two episodes as I want to wait until I pick up the BD (hopefully at the end of the month).
Old 12th November 2011, 08:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the new Derren Brown Experiments show last night, don't usually like him but it was filmed not far from where I live and a guy from my college course was on it introducing Jason Manford at an open mic night

"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th November 2011, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Idiot Abroad 2 Bucket List

Just watched the last episode of Idiot Abroad,probably the best episode of them all,Karl gets a prostate exam,sells Pilko Pants on Tv and sings with Chas and Dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idiot abroad (7).jpg (16.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg idiot abroad (6).jpg (18.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg idiot abroad (3).jpg (21.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg idiot abroad (5).jpg (13.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg idiot abroad.jpg (15.6 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!