Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2011, 10:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I seem to be watching a lot more TV than DVD these days, down to laziness more than anything else... Enjoying The Walking Dead Season 2, even though the characters just don't engage - even if you didn't dig Lost, it scored big on well-rounded characters - I just don't get that with Walking Dead - still, the zombies are great, real maggotty, crumbling epics...

BBC4 continues its great seaon of Friday night music films and last Friday night, showed Cameron Crowe's Pearl Jam Twenty doc. I know all of two Pearl Jam songs but it was still great... Recording Scorsese's George Harrison documentry as I write this...
Old 12th November 2011, 11:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Damn! Forgot about the Pearl Jam doc. Thats annoying. Will have to look out for it on repeat.
Old 13th November 2011, 01:18 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I seem to be watching a lot more TV than DVD these days, down to laziness more than anything else... Enjoying The Walking Dead Season 2, even though the characters just don't engage - even if you didn't dig Lost, it scored big on well-rounded characters - I just don't get that with Walking Dead - still, the zombies are great, real maggotty, crumbling epics...

BBC4 continues its great seaon of Friday night music films and last Friday night, showed Cameron Crowe's Pearl Jam Twenty doc. I know all of two Pearl Jam songs but it was still great... Recording Scorsese's George Harrison documentry as I write this...
I recorded that Pearl Jam, would never have known about it until I saw the Blu in my local HMV. Shame I've missed the Harrison one though, Kellys making me watch Vertical Limit

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th November 2011, 02:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

PJ20 is a great doc.

I've been watching Braquo on FX and it's brilliant. Ultra violent french police show on the style of Nypd blue, but with a ton more brutality and cool Frenchmen.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:04 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I too really enjoyed the Pearl Jam doc though I've no love of their music. Better for me was seeing Bob Mould's post Husker Du outfit, Sugar, on the programme after.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I too really enjoyed the Pearl Jam doc though I've no love of their music. Better for me was seeing Bob Mould's post Husker Du outfit, Sugar, on the programme after.
I've recorded the show, but haven't watched it yet.what Dinosaur Jr song did they play?
Old 15th November 2011, 11:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
Teenage Vampires (C4, sunday) if this is anything like that last one they had on about blood suckers, should be a hoot.

new series of Mongrels started last week, should still have the "undead" 2nd ep up on iplayer, cheeky and apparently done for Halloween, which means it was held back for some reason! hmm.
the Vampire thing, sheesh i despair and blame Stephanie Meyer 100%.

currently enjoying The Slap on BBC4, mate raved about the book, so i gave it a go...as a non breeder, im digging this take on the thin veneer of social niceties....though some of the characters are very broadly written (this could be the adapter's fault admittedly)
Old 15th November 2011, 11:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I just wanted to plug this Friday's (18th) BBC4 Music night - Motor City's Burning: Detroit from Motown to the Stooges

1 hour Documentary looking at how Detroit became home to a musical revolution that captured the sound of a nation in upheaval. In the early 60s, Motown transcended Detroit's inner city to take black music to a white audience, whilst in the late 60s suburban kids like the MC5 and the Stooges descended into the black inner city to create revolutionary rock expressing the rage of young white America. With contributions from Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, George Clinton, Martha Reeves, John Sinclair and the MC5.

I'm not a Motown fan, but I do like Funkadelic and The Stooges, so I'll be tuning in to this...
Old 15th November 2011, 11:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I just wanted to plug this Friday's (18th) BBC4 Music night - Motor City's Burning: Detroit from Motown to the Stooges

1 hour Documentary looking at how Detroit became home to a musical revolution that captured the sound of a nation in upheaval. In the early 60s, Motown transcended Detroit's inner city to take black music to a white audience, whilst in the late 60s suburban kids like the MC5 and the Stooges descended into the black inner city to create revolutionary rock expressing the rage of young white America. With contributions from Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, George Clinton, Martha Reeves, John Sinclair and the MC5.

I'm not a Motown fan, but I do like Funkadelic and The Stooges, so I'll be tuning in to this...
good doc. one of the few repeats i dont mind from the bbc
Old 15th November 2011, 12:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
the Vampire thing, sheesh i despair and blame Stephanie Meyer 100%.

currently enjoying The Slap on BBC4, mate raved about the book, so i gave it a go...as a non breeder, im digging this take on the thin veneer of social niceties....though some of the characters are very broadly written (this could be the adapter's fault admittedly)
Yeah I've been watching The Slap too, very tense and well acted. The slapper guy is a right A Hole. At first I was leaning more on his side but after the kitchen scene with his wife, he deserves everything he gets.
Demoncrat likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!