Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2012, 07:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Farewell to The Thick of It perfect end to a (near) perfect series. Peter Capaldi deserves every award going - especially in those last two episodes when he got to be more than a creative swearing machine . . .
Old 11th November 2012, 12:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watching 'Surface' (2005) at the moment, about half way through the series. Started ok but I can see its going to turn into something a little silly like Threshold did!
Old 11th November 2012, 07:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Watched the HBO film The Girl, with Toby Jones and Sienna Miller as Hitchcock and Hedren. Fantastic film, I was floored with how far they went in depicting Hitchcock as a pathetic sleazeball! Has a resonance with certain current events, the respected man in showbussiness allowed to (even enabled to) get away with years of abuse. Probably best not to watch it as non fiction - enough to destroy anyone's appreciation of the man! The leads are bloody brilliant, got chills watching the recreation of Tippi's screentest - had to go to youtube and watch it again mid-viewing. Not that the primary enjoyment is in novelty compare/contrast. It really works as a dark character study, and the South African locations give it a hazy, dreamlike quality. Highly recommended. Will be interesting to see how this new Hitchcock film compares . . .
sawyer6 likes this.

Last edited by Slippery Jack; 11th November 2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11th November 2012, 08:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Farewell to The Thick of It perfect end to a (near) perfect series. Peter Capaldi deserves every award going - especially in those last two episodes when he got to be more than a creative swearing machine . . .
yeah but the swearing is f**kin funny.

Quote:
'You breathe a word of this, you mincing ****ing C*NT, and I will tear your skin off, I will wear it to your mother's birthday party, and I will rub your nuts up and down her leg while whistling Bohemian Rhapsody'.
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 11th November 2012, 01:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

When Capaldi was in Torchwood Children of Earth i was always slightly disappointed he wasn't playing Malcolm Tucker.
VicDakin and mr 420 like this.
Old 14th November 2012, 10:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tales of the unexpected
has been on one of the sky channels been recording it watching few episodes at a time some of them I'm enjoying the story or the twist and to be Totaly honest enjoying it more than tales from the dark side which has Been on the sky channel recently, which I think to be truthful pretty rubbish,
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Tales of the unexpected
has been on one of the sky channels been recording it watching few episodes at a time some of them I'm enjoying the story or the twist and to be Totaly honest enjoying it more than tales from the dark side which has Been on the sky channel recently, which I think to be truthful pretty rubbish,
Reminds me of my school days, watching them in English class. The one with the leg of lamb has always stuck in my mind . . .
Old 15th November 2012, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dark Angel has started on Horror Channel. Brilliant series getting a deserved rerun from the beginning .
Old 15th November 2012, 01:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw on aintitcool yesterday a trailer for a new Italian tv series of Diabolik. Looked pretty slick, but had none of the gaudiness and campy charm of the Bava film . . .
Old 15th November 2012, 03:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just watched the entire first series of Men Behaving Badly, haven't laughed so much in ages. As much as I like Harry Enfield, I much prefer the series' with Neil Morrissey as Tony
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!