Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2013, 08:24 AM
Cult Rookie

Rewatching season 1 of GAME OF THRONES in readiness for season 2, which comes out on DVD/Blu in just under a month. Colour me excited!
Old 13th February 2013, 10:30 PM
Cult Addict

Concluded my Utena boxset, went and bought the second and third/ fourth seasons instantly. Nozomi are the shitz! Half way through the first season of DBZ and it's silly, stupid and over all as much fun as I remember it being. Started watching Outlaw Star tonight. 2 episodes in and i'm not overly impressed, might have just met the most annoying character i've ever seen in my life.

DVD and BD collection
Old 14th February 2013, 12:32 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Concluded my Utena boxset, went and bought the second and third/ fourth seasons instantly. Nozomi are the shitz! Half way through the first season of DBZ and it's silly, stupid and over all as much fun as I remember it being. Started watching Outlaw Star tonight. 2 episodes in and i'm not overly impressed, might have just met the most annoying character i've ever seen in my life.
You should really watch the origional dragonball, Its a shame so many fans miss that and go straight to Z

I'm still watching the mentalist, hence no films watched recently, making the most of what i'm hoping will be a short period of unemployment.
Old 14th February 2013, 12:33 AM
Cult Addict

Also stick with outlaw star, I really enjoyed that one.
Old 14th February 2013, 10:19 PM
Cult Addict

Will certainly be revisiting Dragon Ball soon, nostalgic fun at it's best.
Just watched the next two episodes of Outlaw Star (watching episode 5 now). Damned if Aisha isn't one of the most annoying characters i've ever seen in my life but i'll percivier...help me....

DVD and BD collection
Old 17th February 2013, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Has anyone been watching ch4 Utopia? and what people views and opinions of it ?
Old 20th February 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Has anyone been watching ch4 Utopia? and what people views and opinions of it ?
2nd series or what?? Storming ending anyhow imo.....

Spoilers

AAnyway. Been rewatching The Fall & Rise of Reggie Perrin, still a great sitcom, but the first series is basically a man having a nervous breakdown!! Apart from the massive continuity error at the beginning of the second, this is the one I remember the most, concerning RP's folly Grot. The 3rd is the "commune" one and was a revelation.

I believe the BBC in their wisdom remade this with the rubberlipped one from men behaving predictably....avoid that like russian flu and dive straight in folks!!
mr 420 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th February 2013, 12:08 PM
Cult Addict

Half way through Outlaw star and it's still not quite clicking with me...but Yog-Sothoth cactus for the win! Seriously that thing was so stupid it was awsome, give it it's own spin-off!
Also a freind reccomended ITV's Demons with Phillip Glenister...what a loud of balls.

DVD and BD collection
Old 22nd February 2013, 08:53 PM
Active Cultist

I've been watching Utopia and for me it has been found guilty of meandering - this would have worked much better as 3 x 1 hours rather than 6. I never really felt the necessary tension, fear and plot momentum necessary to sustain this length of show. Jessica Hyde didn't convince with her monosyllabic delivery and the saturated colours and farty irrelevant music got old fast. 6.5/10 for me and I'm being generous.
Black Mirror on the other hand - outstanding first 2 episodes. I take my hat off to Charlie Brooker - he's way ahead of the curve here, this is the stuff Hollywood will be watering down and presenting 20 years from now. Loved the whiff of MR James in the first one. Although it could be seen as a simple treatise on artificial intelligence, it was really about the nature of the soul (personality?) and the possibility of it transcending death via sheer accumulation of data, a facsimile if you like. Gave me a ghostly shudder anyway... This weeks episode was an out and out Daily Mail masturbatory revenge fantasy that dared the viewer to feel satisfaction in the closing revelations. I didn't, in fact yet again I shuddered at the fact that i'm part of the human race. Thanks Charlie!
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
this is the stuff Hollywood will be watering down and presenting 20 years from now.
Make that 1-2 years from now. The rights for one episode have been snapped up by Downey Jr.

I really enjoyed the first episode like you, though I missed that episode's subtlety in the second one . . .

Like this? Share it using the links below!