Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2014, 08:03 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

ARROW Season 2. Wow, this has kept me up late and made me late for work once last week from over sleeping after a 3.00am viewing finish. Multiple moral complexities mixed with cinematic action and fight scenes make this show something really special. Highly recommended.
Old 21st September 2014, 11:57 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

New BBC drama The Driver is supposed to be gripping viewing. Starts on Tuesday night.

I like both David Morrisey and Colm Meaney so i'll pick it up on dvd rather than watch it. Having said that i said the same with The Fall and Broadchurch and i still haven't got either.
Old 21st September 2014, 01:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
New BBC drama The Driver is supposed to be gripping viewing. Starts on Tuesday night.

I like both David Morrisey and Colm Meaney so i'll pick it up on dvd rather than watch it. Having said that i said the same with The Fall and Broadchurch and i still haven't got either.
Thanks for the tip – I'll set my V+ box to record the series and then watch it in one go.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 21st September 2014, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching MASH which I try to watch once a year as I have fond memories of watching it with my father while I was a child. As he was stationed in Korea he used tell me stories of his time there. someways it's aged badly but it's still a lot of fun and also very serious in its tone and unlike a lot a war films/ tv series it's very anti war. Mind I find the character a hawkeye more annoying now than when I was a kid and frank burns has to be one of the most unlikable characters in tv history the charcter has no redeeming qualitys what so ever. It's one of those shows I can watch and forget the troubles of the day.

Once MASH is finished it's Seinfeld another great show I like to watch at least once year
Old 23rd September 2014, 04:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gotham

WOW that was one of the best pilots I have seen a long time. Just hope the rest of the series lives up to it. Not going to spoil it but if you're a fan of comics you really want to see this, I think for the first time we see how the events of that fatal night effect the characters and city of Gotham and set Bruce, Gordon and others on they trip to what they become. Only downside those 48minutes flew by and it could of been a longer pilot and with it being fox I hope they don't cancel let everything else. 10/10
Old 23rd September 2014, 05:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Gotham

WOW that was one of the best pilots I have seen a long time. Just hope the rest of the series lives up to it. Not going to spoil it but if you're a fan of comics you really want to see this, I think for the first time we see how the events of that fatal night effect the characters and city of Gotham and set Bruce, Gordon and others on they trip to what they become. Only downside those 48minutes flew by and it could of been a longer pilot and with it being fox I hope they don't cancel let everything else. 10/10
Damn, hadn't realised it started already. Will have to try and catch the repeat and set up the Series record too. Cheers for the heads up

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Crossbones - John Malkovich stars as Edward Teach (Blackbeard). Lasted nine episodes before it was cancelled. It was ok but was a little too 'glossy' for a show about pirates and left a few storylines unfinished, which is hardly surprising as the ending did seem rushed.
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Crossbones - John Malkovich stars as Edward Teach (Blackbeard). Lasted nine episodes before it was cancelled. It was ok but was a little too 'glossy' for a show about pirates and left a few storylines unfinished, which is hardly surprising as the ending did seem rushed.
Did you see Black Sails and was it any good?
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Not yet my next show is 'The World Wars' a docudrama that's currently on one of the history channels. Got Black Sails and another 'historical' series called Salem lined up though
Old 24th September 2014, 04:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Gotham

Hmm! I'm none too sure on this, although I like Pertwee as Alfred! I'll give it a few more episodes yet.

Like this? Share it using the links below!