Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2015, 01:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I appreciate The Sopranos more than I enjoy it, but then I've never been a huge fan of the gangster genre. Brilliantly written and performed though.

I loved The Wire and I consider Six Feet Under to be one of the best show ever broadcast. The only reason I don't watch it more often is because it turns me into an emotional wreck, especially that finale. I haven't seen it for years but remember every frame. Arguably one of the greatest finales.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th June 2015, 01:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I appreciate The Sopranos more than I enjoy it, but then I've never been a huge fan of the gangster genre. Brilliantly written and performed though.

I loved The Wire and I consider Six Feet Under to be one of the best show ever broadcast. The only reason I don't watch it more often is because it turns me into an emotional wreck, especially that finale. I haven't seen it for years but remember every frame. Arguably one of the greatest finales.
I love gangster films, so I love The Sopranos and know so much of it word for word. Although I have all the DVDs, it's something I'm likely to upgrade to Blu-ray at some point, especially if there are new extra features. The final episode was extremely polarising, but I was in the camp that thought it was a perfect ending and a brilliant piece of television.

Another boxset I will need to buy will be Boardwalk Empire as I have only seen the first season, which I thought was amongst the best television I've ever seen, so will wait until the Blu-ray set drops in price a bit and then, as I did with Battlestar Galactica, by it and watch it in one go. Actually, that's another show which is longer overdue another viewing.

So much TV, so little time!
Old 29th June 2015, 12:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been enjoying Better Call Saul, the "spin off" from Breaking Bad, best thing being you don't have to have seen BB etc.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th June 2015, 05:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Really enjoying HUMANS , Dark Matter and Person of Interest and looking forward to the new series of The Dome , but really missing Gotham.
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th June 2015, 09:38 AM
Cult Veteran

Not sure if any of guys are into it, but last night was 2/3 of the final season of My Mad Fat Diary on E4. For those who don't know it's the story of Rae, a teenager with issues, the show starts with her leaving a mental health home for teens and follows her journey into 6th form and re-connecting with friends after she accidentally came close to suicide while self harming. It sounds very sad, and some scenes are pretty heart wrenching, but it's actually a deeply funny show about being a teenager in height of Brit-pop mid 90's.

This is the main thing for me, I was a teen when this is set, I know all the songs, I know how it feels to be one of the cast members, I strongly identify with the themes of the show, not the self harm and health issues though, but a lot of the other 'just being a teen' things.

Stand out performances from Sharon Rooney as Rae and Claire Rushbrook as her mum, Claire is an outstanding actress and I love her in everything she's in.

Highly recommended!
My Mad Fat Diary (TV Series 2013– ) - IMDb

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th June 2015, 09:55 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That sounds really interesting – I hope it's on 4OD.
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th June 2015, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

finished the first season of banshee and really enjoyed it, looking forward to the second season. its definitely not an amish paradise
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 30th June 2015, 12:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
finished the first season of banshee and really enjoyed it, looking forward to the second season. its definitely not an amish paradise
Banshee is one of my favourite shows on TV. I have seen the first three seasons and it only gets better. Roll on season 4.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 1st July 2015, 01:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finally caught up with Game Of Thrones.

Hmmmmm.

Whilst I don't mind the elongating (and shortening) of certain parts that much, I do object when they literally start "making it up" (I know, I know cough). What I'm talking about is the 3rd last scene in the last episode.

SPOILER:
And Emilia Clarke could have looked a bit more "ooh! I'm on a dragon at last!!" imo.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th July 2015, 10:30 PM
Cult Addict

True Detective Season 2. I'm persisting but so far it's not a patch on the first season. The story is just so damn dull.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!