Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2018, 12:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Comedy is a very subjective thing which is why some people love something like Mrs Brown's Boys, which others despise. Some will repeatedly watch Father Ted which other people will find it as funny as listening to the Today programme.
I don't mind Mrs Brown boys , its like Marmite you either like it or you don't, and started rewatching Father ted because Sam never seen lot , seen 3 episodes and she loving it .
End of the day each to their own on any TV shows and films, Ive never seen the appeal of friends or Star trek. Like one of my friend doesn't see the appeal of Peter Jacksons early films like Braindead and Bad taste and thinks their amongst the worst films he ever seen .
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 11th February 2018, 01:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching season 5 of Brooklyn 99, also watched episode 2 and 3 of altered carbon as well as first 3 episodes of black lighting the latest DC show but only like the others this more adult in nature and comes of as DC/Warner's attempt at a Netflix/marvel show.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th February 2018, 01:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Been watching season 5 of Brooklyn 99
How are you watching it? I don't think it's on Netflix.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th February 2018, 02:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
How are you watching it? I don't think it's on Netflix.
its not and thats all i'm saying!

but its also how i watch the new seasons of marvel tv shows
keirarts and Dave Boy like this.
Old 11th February 2018, 02:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
its not and thats all i'm saying!
Ah, I understand!
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th February 2018, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching season one of Frasier, brilliant , great writing and characters and those characters play perfectly off each other.
Old 13th February 2018, 05:51 PM
Cult Addict

damnation.

On Netflix. Set around the Labour movement's of 30s America with unionising farmers battling big money. The seriesincorporates a lot of details of the period not often covered in other shows. Given how politically neutered from the books Altered Carbon was it was a genuine surprise to see this on the same platform. Even if the political stuff isn't your cup of tea the shows got a lot of elements of the mythic western and plenty of bloodshed.

altered carbon

Speaking of which. As a cyberpunk action series this ones highly entertaining. If you've read the books however it's like the hearts been ripped right out of it.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:23 AM
Cult Addict

Watched all 3 episodes of Dead of Night and now watching series 1 of Inside No 9

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 16th February 2018, 03:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I forgot to mention I watched the BBC miniseries The Dark Angel featuring Peter O'Toole, Jane Lapotaire and Beatie Edne, based on the novel Uncle Silas by J. Sheridan Le Fanu. Although I haven't read the book on which it's based, it's a really interesting and involving piece of Gothic television with great performances by all the main actors – I don't think Peter O'Toole has ever been more sinister, Lapotaire is wonderfully wicked as Madame de la Rougierre and Edne, who I only know from In the Name of the Father, is superb. I didn't intend to, but I found it was so good that I watched for three hours in one go! When Network next have a sale, I highly recommend it.

Old 16th February 2018, 03:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I forgot to mention I watched the BBC miniseries The Dark Angel featuring Peter O'Toole, Jane Lapotaire and Beatie Edne, based on the novel Uncle Silas by J. Sheridan Le Fanu. Although I haven't read the book on which it's based, it's a really interesting and involving piece of Gothic television with great performances by all the main actors – I don't think Peter O'Toole has ever been more sinister, Lapotaire is wonderfully wicked as Madame de la Rougierre and Edne, who I only know from In the Name of the Father, is superb. I didn't intend to, but I found it was so good that I watched for three hours in one go! When Network next have a sale, I highly recommend it.

Excellent isn't it. Glad you enjoyed it, Nos. Lapotaire is so creepy.

Beatie Edney is one of the main cast members in Poldark. I'd never have known until i saw her name in the credits.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00002c20d-poldark_main.jpg (39.8 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!