Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2018, 08:08 AM
Cult Addict

The Apprentice: Jet advertising.
Cringey, I don't know what's worst - Jackie as the hostess or last year when bushra made that trump joke .
The use of highway to hell was great though

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 10th November 2018, 03:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Iron Fist - season 2 WTF! Certainly the weakest of the Netflix Defender's series. Lots of talk interspersed with very little actual action, and that ending just plain sucked!

Daredevil - Season 3 Started out a little slow but once it got going it was pretty good, although the ending I felt was a bit of an anti climax.

The Haunting of Hill House - Ive still to see the final episode. What can I say? It deserves the praise! Full of twists and turns, Nell's story I thought was great. A couple of scenes have sent shivers down my spine, (similar to those caused by the Ball and the stairs in the Changling).
J Harker and bleakshaun like this.
Old 10th November 2018, 08:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Iron Fist - season 2 WTF! Certainly the weakest of the Netflix Defender's series. Lots of talk interspersed with very little actual action, and that ending just plain sucked!

Daredevil - Season 3 Started out a little slow but once it got going it was pretty good, although the ending I felt was a bit of an anti climax.

The Haunting of Hill House - Ive still to see the final episode. What can I say? It deserves the praise! Full of twists and turns, Nell's story I thought was great. A couple of scenes have sent shivers down my spine, (similar to those caused by the Ball and the stairs in the Changling).
I watched the Defenders the other week. The character of Iron Fist felt a bit of a joke compared to the others. His one and only 'power' if you can call it that seemed to be a particularly good punch that he could only use once a day?! ridiculous!!
This season of Daredevil I have found a bit of a step down from the first two though it is still very good. The Haunting of Hill House was just fantastic. I don't tend to buy many modern shows but I will definitely be picking that up when it comes out.
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.
Old 10th November 2018, 10:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post

Looks like daredevil will be cancelled like ironfist and luke cage, third season had a third of the viewers of the last season also expecting Jessica Jones and punisher to be cancelled, but I think it's partially to do with Disney up coming streaming service than bad ratings, I did think season two of iron fist was a huge improvement over season one and better than season two of like cage. From the comics i could see what direction season three would of went.

But hill house was brilliant

Also season two of discovery could be it's last as it's the lowest number of viewers for any star trek show.
bleakshaun likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 10th November 2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10th November 2018, 10:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Also season two of discovery could be it's last as it's the lowest number of viewers for any star trek show.
I know in the past you've enjoyed Discovery, Treb, is there any single reason for the general viewers to not like it?
Old 10th November 2018, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I know in the past you've enjoyed Discovery, Treb, is there any single reason for the general viewers to not like it?
It's two fold, in America it was only on cbs access which was a streaming service and second the usual star trek fans who hated it before it even launched , granted its not the star trek we know of old but it needed up dated for modern times . These are the same fans that hated and would not watch enterprise but once it was cancelled they started saying it was underrated and wasn't giving a chance. Discovery was good but at times it was like a show of two halfs, but this was down to having too many showrunners , which made the show have number a rewrites, which about the half way point is quite notable. But the show has had very high ratings and the klingons but people off, why they had to change them again i will never understand. With any luck season two will fix what problems it had and from rumours it seems it will fix the timeline so the new movie timeline never happens.
Old 10th November 2018, 10:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
It's two fold, in America it was only on cbs access which was a streaming service and second the usual star trek fans who hated it before it even launched , granted its not the star trek we know of old but it needed up dated for modern times . These are the same fans that hated and would not watch enterprise but once it was cancelled they started saying it was underrated and wasn't giving a chance. Discovery was good but at times it was like a show of two halfs, but this was down to having too many showrunners , which made the show have number a rewrites, which about the half way point is quite notable. But the show has had very high ratings and the klingons but people off, why they had to change them again i will never understand. With any luck season two will fix what problems it had and from rumours it seems it will fix the timeline so the new movie timeline never happens.
So looking back at your two posts, it had a lot of viewers but they've now gone due to the Klingons?

I can understand that because the Klingons to Star Trek are like the Daleks to Doctor Who.
Old 10th November 2018, 10:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
So looking back at your two posts, it had a lot of viewers but they've now gone due to the Klingons?

I can understand that because the Klingons to Star Trek are like the Daleks to Doctor Who.
It's that people didn't want to sign up for another streaming service and those who made up there minds before it was even out, yep and even those who didn't like the look of the klingons which I can partially understand as they looked nothing like them. Seems also ratings kept dropping . Should of really but it on a network instead of cbs access in america . Think ratings were good outside of America but America being America they are more concerned about the ratings there.

This is the new look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2ZBkbbQn94GkyNpMipii2J-320-80.jpg (15.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 10th November 2018, 11:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's that people didn't want to sign up for another streaming service and those who made up there minds before it was even out, yep and even those who didn't like the look of the klingons which I can partially understand as they looked nothing like them. Seems also ratings kept dropping . Should of really but it on a network instead of cbs access in america . Think ratings were good outside of America but America being America they are more concerned about the ratings there.

This is the new look.
Yeah, not a good look is it?
Old 10th November 2018, 11:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah, not a good look is it?
Don't why they did it. It would be like Doctor Who completely changing how the Daleks looked

Like this? Share it using the links below!