Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2019, 06:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Re-watching through He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe (1983-1985) and She-Ra Princess Of Power (1985-1986)

maxresdefault.jpg

The first five episodes of She-Ra are her origin story and is titled 'The Sword Of She-Ra' in the TV show, but were released theatrically with edits as 'He-Man and She-Ra The Secret Of The Sword'.
Old 5th January 2019, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Camping

Julia Davis' under canvas this time. Jawdropping yet again .... though twas Mel Hudson who brought the tears of laughter this time as a hideously overprotective parent. Recommended.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th January 2019, 07:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

The X Files: Blood. This chilling season 2 episode about ordinary people driven to madness and murder by subliminal messages in their electronic devices seems more chillingly plausible in today's world than it did then. Classic stuff.

KILL 'EM.

KILL 'EM ALL! 

Old 6th January 2019, 11:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finally managed to see Content Provider ... Stewart Lee's stand up from the last tour. I cried with laughter at points ... though I can see why people don't like him . The part where he just made noises was infinitely preferable to (insert Michael McIntyre here )
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th January 2019, 07:37 PM
Cult Addict

It's always sunny in philadelphia season 13,just started so I'll be back in a while.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 9th January 2019, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No, I haven't forgotten about Callan

But here's a few musings on The Professionals so far ....
Well for a start, some episodes feature a voiceover (by Jackson) during the opening credits! Never before in my lifetime etc ... odd.
Klansmen was ... interesting ... though ending on a joke ... hmmm. Cannot see why they crapped out at the time ahem.
There is less shagging than I remember ... tis only the 1st series mind
Highlight so far has to be Trigger as a foreign 'itman

[B]
Old 9th January 2019, 09:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Binge watched every series of Luther over the last few days, I’d only watched the first and half the second series before and because it was so long ago, it was like watching for the first time again. Brilliant show, definitely worth watching for those that haven’t seen it before
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th January 2019, 11:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Binge watched every series of Luther over the last few days, I’d only watched the first and half the second series before and because it was so long ago, it was like watching for the first time again. Brilliant show, definitely worth watching for those that haven’t seen it before
A Luther binge watch? Must have taken all of three hours.

All five series of Luther put together has less episodes than a single series of Arrow / Supernatural / CSI / (Insert any network US series here)

It is brilliant though.
Rik likes this.
Old 9th January 2019, 11:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A Luther binge watch? Must have taken all of three hours.

All five series of Luther put together has less episodes than a single series of Arrow / Supernatural / CSI / (Insert any network US series here)

It is brilliant though.
True, didn’t take long to get through all 20 episodes
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th January 2019, 08:12 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Close Cooperation. Sun Hill is having to share cells with Barton Street due to the station being renovated but the 'friendly cooperation' turns less friendly when a Sun Hill prisoner gets beaten up by a Barton Street Sgt. Great, tense episode kicking off the "corrupt Sgt Coles" storyline and marking the first appearance of future regular Insp Cato (bizarrely named Twist here, despite it being obvious later on that they were clearly meant to be the same character! ) I have to say, I'm really enjoying the 1990 season so far (not quite halfway through). It seems much stronger than 88 and 89. That's partly down to some character replacements (Uniform is much improved with the exits of Frazer and a couple of others and the arrival of the likes of Insp Monroe, and Quinnan and Garfield) but also just the show itself. There's a real strutting confidence to it now.
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!