Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2019, 03:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Like wowbobwow have decided to watch Deadwood in anticipation of the film.
Old 1st June 2019, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Australian TV series Underbelly , True story of the underworld, I'm not sure what people actually like about this .

Badly made , awful acting , no likeable characters, even when action \ violence was in full swing it wasn't even interesting it was dull and boring. watched first 2 episodes that was enough for me doubt I'd continue with it, if and if I do want be anytime soon.
Old 1st June 2019, 05:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Shame. I really liked Underbelly. Certainly the first series anyhow.

Checking out Good Omens
Hamusing so far ...
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st June 2019, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Good Omens ....

Aye, I am liking this. Tennant a hoot.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd June 2019, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghosts

From the team behind Horrible Histories comes this slightly cheeky wee thing. When a young couple receive a fortunate windfall in the shape of an inheritance, sadly nowt comes free nowadays as the place is crammed with .... guess?
Check it on the iPlayer if you want to.

[B]
Old 5th June 2019, 11:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching all Black mirror season 5, wouldn't say his greatest but usual stuff I won't say anymore for those who've yet to watch it.

Last edited by gag; 6th June 2019 at 12:59 AM.
Old 8th June 2019, 10:17 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Despite the superb cast and involvement of Neil Gaiman as principal writer and showrunner, I was a bit uncertain about what to expect from the TV adaptation of Good Omens only because it's a book which everyone seems to read differently, with their own ideas of what the characters look and sound like, and the frequent footnotes don't seem to lend themselves to a visual experience.

I didn't have worried. The idea to create a new character (the Voice of God) was a stroke of genius which helps integrate those footnotes into the narrative and the miniseries (watched in one day) is not only coherent, but involving, funny, perfectly cast, and something I look forward to watching again.

If you have Prime Video, I recommend binge watching the miniseries, treating it as one six-hour film. If not, it is scheduled for broadcast on BBC and may be available on iPlayer so the same can be done via that streaming service.

I finished watching the third and fourth seasons of Nikita which didn't have the dramatic tension of the first because the antagonist isn't as well developed, and the setting just doesn't lend itself to a suspense-filled spy thriller as the setup in the first series. That said, the interactions between the characters and the various missions are engaging enough and I like the way the series ended.

I'm currently three quarters of the way through the first season of Stranger Things, a show I've had on my Netflix list since before it was broadcast and somehow haven't managed to watch before now. I am really enjoying it and will probably go straight onto the second season after watching the final two episodes. The story is engaging and moving, the use of music from the era is great, and the child actors have been very well chosen.

It's funny how this has the same sort of feeling as the recent It film, if only for the period setting, a small town location, and a group of children around the same age being the principal protagonists.
Old 8th June 2019, 09:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

First episode of chernobyl, now the highest rating show of all time on imdb.
Wow if you're going to make a tv show on real life then this is exactly how's it done, The style, tonne, grim, bleak etc.
you have to make the viewers feel the real horror and tragedy of the story, If done Hollywood style then it just becomes a story and that's the difference.
The viewers need to be drawn in to feel the tragedy and this does exactly that.
Old 12th June 2019, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching this on YouTube.

Demoncrat, Dave Boy and bleakshaun like this.
Old 14th June 2019, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching The Day Today

Still very funny.
".... like standing on a wasp, it's unpleasant but it has to be done ... "

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!