Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2019, 12:53 AM
Cult Addict

The Bond thing with continuing characters winds me up a bit, it should be either a whole new version or it just becomes a shoddy chopped up hybrid, unless "007 - James Bond" is just a John Doe style moniker, in which case they should kill off the previous Bond.

I don't like Craig anyway, although just talking of Dracula reminds me that Craig makes me think of Lugosi, (i actually think they look similar if you squint a bit ).

51GIOz6pNpL._SY679_.jpg Daniel Craig daniel-craig-reuters.jpg Bela Lugosi

Although in those pictures Lugosi looks dead but alive, whereas Craig looks alive but dead (or at least slightly embalmed .)

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 5th July 2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 5th July 2019, 12:56 AM
Cult Addict

I'll shut up now.
Demoncrat likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 7th July 2019, 04:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN SEASON 1 (1966)

Thirty six episodes lasting around 7mins each.
Good animation which echoed the artwork from the comics of the 1960's.

hqdefault.jpg 1182994836_3.jpg hqdefau.jpg
Old 7th July 2019, 06:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN SEASON 1 (1966)

Thirty six episodes lasting around 7mins each.
Good animation which echoed the artwork from the comics of the 1960's.

Attachment 216664 Attachment 216665 Attachment 216666
I love the artwork in that series.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 8th July 2019, 10:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Criminal Minds. The season 5 finale/season 6 premiere, with Tim Curry as a serial killer who's been murdering his way across the US in home invasions from city to city for decades wherever there's electricity blackouts. Robert Davi also guest stars in this cracking 2 parter, but it's Curry who predictably steals the show as the ghoulish "Prince of Darkness".
Old 9th July 2019, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.ihorror.com/stranger-thi...aming-records/

First few paragraphs

Stranger Things 3’ Breaks Netflix Streaming Records

We knew a lot of people were geared up for the release of Stranger Things 3, but not even Netflix expected what would happen when the third season debuted on July 4, 2019.

In just four days, the season broke all standing Netflix records with a reported 40.7 million household accounts tuning into the show and a record-breaking 18.2 million finishing the entire season in four days or less.

The streaming giant announced the numbers in a Tweet yesterday.

.@Stranger_Things 3 is breaking Netflix records!

40.7 million household accounts have been watching the show since its July 4 global launch — more than any other film or series in its first four days. And 18.2 million have already finished the entire season.

Neither number is really a stretch of the imagination for the genre favorite created by The Duffer Brothers. Fans had been waiting for almost two full years for its premiere–season two premiered in October of 2017–and as any fan knows, this show practically begs to be binged.

Even more importantly, the season totally proved itself worth the wait, however.

School is out for Summer in Hawkins, and our favorite group of 80s kids are growing up, discovering romance, and figuring out how to navigate friendships as their priorities change. Of course, nothing in Hawkins happens without the looming threat of the Upside Down, and this season it was particularly nasty.

Stranger Things 3 also saw the addition of new characters, including Maya Hawke as Robin, who works with Steve (Joe Keery) at the ice cream shop in the new Star Court Mall. Hawke’s parents, who just happen to be Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke, took to Instagram to share their excitement for Maya’s new
Old 13th July 2019, 01:51 PM
Cult Veteran

I've watched the first 4 episodes of Stranger Things so far, holy Lovecraft Batman! Each episode so far has ramped up the horror and the last few scenes are episode 4 were actually pretty terrifying.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th July 2019, 04:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

MASH-tv-show-15.jpg
SEASON 4

This season sees two new arrivals to the 4077.
Colonel Sherman Potter takes over command and Captain B.J Hunnicutt replaces Trapper who has gone home.
A shift in tone for this season. More emphasis on the traumas of war on soldiers and civilians.
The final episode of the season, 'The Interview' has members of the 4077 talking about their feelings of the war in Korea and is at times quite emotional.
Old 15th July 2019, 01:13 PM
Active Cultist

Stranger Things season 3 - Enjoyed much more than expected - was good they gave screen time to almost everyone in a good share - it's difficult when there is so many "main" characters.

Killing Eve - exciting TV show, the main character its funny and violent, reminds sometimes the movie Cold Fish from Sion Sono - and it's free on bbc iplayer even better

And on my way to finish watching Warrior, it's worth only for the opening song

Old 15th July 2019, 03:02 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Stranger Things season 3 - Enjoyed much more than expected - was good they gave screen time to almost everyone in a good share - it's difficult when there is so many "main" characters.
I agree, I've only seen the first 5 episodes so far, but I like how they have split off into 3 groups, meaning they can concentrate on 3 timelines and with a smaller number of characters in each story.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!