Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2020, 09:50 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've been been binge watching Breaking Bad for the first time since 2014 and finished the fourth season last night. It's great television, superbly written, acted, and directed and I'll begin watching season five this evening.
Rik, trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 13th May 2020, 10:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've been been binge watching Breaking Bad for the first time since 2014 and finished the fourth season last night. It's great television, superbly written, acted, and directed and I'll begin watching season five this evening.
One of this tv shows where you should have seen but I haven't, along with likes of game of thrones.
Old 13th May 2020, 10:47 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
One of this tv shows where you should have seen but I haven't, along with likes of game of thrones.
The fact no one seemed to like the final season of Game of Thrones has put me off bothering collecting them now. I just have the first three series so will probably leave it there.
Old 13th May 2020, 11:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The fact no one seemed to like the final season of Game of Thrones has put me off bothering collecting them now. I just have the first three series so will probably leave it there.
Yes, to the extent they started a petition to have it re-done.
Bit ott if you ask me.
Old 13th May 2020, 11:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

I can't imagine me watching Game Of Thrones through again now.
I never collected the series anyway just watched them
Old 13th May 2020, 11:23 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I can't imagine me watching Game Of Thrones through again now.
I never collected the series anyway just watched them
For something that was such a viewing event that's not a good indictment on the series.

When i think of shows like Buffy, Angel, The Shield, Millennium, Sons of Anarchy, Alias... i could easily rewatch them.
trebor8273, Dave Boy and iank like this.
Old 13th May 2020, 01:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was very happy with the final season of Game of Thrones. It had an ambitious cinematic quality and I found the episodes benefited from repeated viewings; I want to buy the 4K Ultra HD release when I have money and/or the price has dropped.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th May 2020, 08:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Noah and Saskia. Currently rewatching (for the first time in like 15 or 16 years) this mid 2000s Aussie kids/teen show about a British teenage boy and an Australian teenage girl who become best friends via the internet, despite neither being entirely honest about who they are. It's still pretty entertaining, and there are some recognisable faces in it from then-current Neighbours, primarily Lara Sacher (Serena Bishop) in a small but recurring role as one of Saskia's schoolfriends, Marcella Russo (Liljana Bishop) as a teacher, and that "Shazza" girl that Stingray briefly dated is Saskia's best friend. Y'know, I have no idea how or why I even watched this in the first place. I mean, I know why I watched Wicked Science - and so do you - but this one baffles me. Maybe I was just flicking channels, spotted someone from Neighbours and wanted to know what the hell it was? Possibly. But, while I don't like it as much as Wicked Science, it's watchable and amusing enough with an interesting central gimmick/premise and likeable characters.
Old 15th May 2020, 08:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: On The Take. A number of failed attempts to catch a pair of notorious robbers leads Burnside and Roach to conclude that someone is feeding them info from the inside... and the trail leads to DS Chris Lovell, trusted sidekick to Detective Chief Superintendent Jack Meadows. This is a really good episode, but also a very necessary one, starting the process of getting Meadows busted down to DCI so they bring him in to Sun Hill as a regular. It's been so obvious the last few months that the writers have completely lost interest in DCI Kim Reid, and are itching to get Simon Rouse on board permanently!
Old 15th May 2020, 09:41 AM
Cult Addict

Charlie Brooker Antiviral Wipe.
Just what you need during everything that's going on. Satire at its finest. I hope Brooker goes back to doing this more often

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!