Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2020, 10:37 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Been watching WWE RAW last few Sunday mornings...what's with the feck-all-audience?
That due to Covid19 ?
MrBarlow likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th May 2020, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Been watching WWE RAW last few Sunday mornings...what's with the feck-all-audience?
That due to Covid19 ?
Yeah seems weird with no audience , think they are allowing audience back at end of the month.
Old 19th May 2020, 07:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Weird as **** mate.
No 'social distancing' on Sunday there....
MrBarlow likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th May 2020, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Weird as **** mate.
No 'social distancing' on Sunday there....
Apparently whoever is involved have to be tested at least twice a week but that is hearsay, watching wrestling without any pops or crowd chants doesn't feel right, but they had to make their money with Wrestlemania with tv viewings only.
Old 20th May 2020, 08:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

I was watching a 1991 episode of The Bill earlier - The Sorcerer's Apprentice - and there was this teenage lad in it under arrest. Didn't recognise him. Not in the slightest. Not even a flicker.

And then the credits roll and it's bloody Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock in Elementary!). I was like, "What?" I actually went back and watched his scenes again and I still don't recognise him!
Old 20th May 2020, 02:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Into the night.

Netflix original.
Its Netflix's first Belgian series

a group of people on a plane are hijacked while on board A flight from Brussels, the hijacker wants the plane to head west into the darkness in an attempt to survive the sun which seems to kill all living organisms during daylight including food products.
they spend the next few days flying around landing refuelling etc trying to find somewhere to survive, the series ends when they find shelter in a bunker, it has its flaws and faults like female helicopter pilot landing a plane by watching a YouTube video, or a home nurse doing major surgery. And as usual all the characters aren't just ordinary people they have a story to tell or they aren't who they say they are, But for all faults its decent, entertains and has the usual gripping moments that keep you watching the next episode it's like a new modern lost. There's only one series so far and it's 6 episodes .
7.2 on imdb

Plus it also make a change from the world ending from a zombie apocalypse or some virus.
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Titans-Season-2-poster.jpg
TITANS SEASON 2

Another run through of this excellent show.
Season 3 has not even started filming yet due to the crisis so a long wait for the next episodes.

Stargirl1-1-750x1124.jpg
STARGIRL

Good start to the new show. I have been reading the Justice Society Of America since I was kid so this is great to see.
As the character of Courtney Whitmore was inspired by comic book creator Geoff Johns sister, I'm sure he will be very protective of the character as he is a producer on the show.
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Some more Neighbours 2004 episodes (especially for Demdike), and some really great stuff I don't remember at all (which shows how long it's been!)

Sky's jealousy is written all over her face when Stingray starts asking Lana about her date, and she's clearly not at all disappointed when Lana later admits to her that it was a disaster because she was so uncomfortable. But it all gets a bit beyond the pale when Sky goes so far as to answer Lana's phone and actually blow the other girl off when she's looking for a second date. Wow. Of course, she insists she did it for Lana's benefit, which literally no one is buying.

Stingray is actually a real star in these episodes, actually becoming real friends with Lana (it's so cute how thoroughly charmed and disarmed she is by him, admitting to Sky that she thought he was a total bogan when they first met but now she thinks he's really sweet), comforting a shattered Serena (who's still deeply freaked at finding the guy she was about to sleep with is her half-brother - eww!), and, best of all, totally seeing through Sky and calling her out on being jealous. Sky's reaction to that almost makes it seem she's moved from Oblivious to Total Denial - a week ago she'd have laughed at that suggestion, but instead she flips out and gets really defensive.*

I must admit, I initially thought Lana was being a bit oblivious, but after the next episode, guess not. On one of their little private movie nights, where Sky continues to exhibit bizarrely contradictory behaviour, first draping her foot over Lana's in what totally looks like possessiveness, but then trying to make up for her earlier faux pas by suggesting a great date Lana and this girl could go on, Lana's finally had enough and just tells her flat-out that it sounds great, but she'd rather go on it with her, "you and me". Sky is taken off guard and speechless, and Lana's courage deserts her again and she makes her apologies and hastily withdraws. But later on with Sindi, she moves from castigating herself for being so stupid to listing all of Sky's weird recent behaviour and finally concludes that she's not crazy, and that she thinks Sky really does like like her, but is "just scared".

Well, I think she's half-right. It's pretty obvious by this point that Sky does have feelings for her, but I don't think she's at "scared" yet, just Denial. You can drown in that river in Egypt, you know, Sky...*
Old 24th May 2020, 11:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Rewatched the first season of Person of Interest. Second half is better than the first as the running plots and background mythology start getting built up and filled in.
Old 25th May 2020, 08:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been rewatching black mirror, some great episodes in there, satire about how today society heading, most episode are based around technology, nosedive about people obsession about being liked is one my fav and how ppl shun you if your rating are low and how easy it is to go from a high rating to low in matter of hours, also fifteen million credits is a good one showing how in reality reality shows don't care about you, you're just a number who they use you to their advantage.
A series that is a must watch imo.

Like this? Share it using the links below!