Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13814Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2020, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Might just been in a funny mood and the characters are probably supposed to be a bunch of unlikable idiots
Oh aye, they're all scum (apart from Sugar haha). That's why it's so funny etc.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th June 2020, 05:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Os%20Super%20Amigos%205ª%20Temporada%20Super%20Friends%20A%20Dangerous%20Fate%20Season%205%20des.jpg Superfriends_(1980).jpg
SUPERFRIENDS SEASON 5 (1980)

A change of format. Each episode is now split in to three 7 min stories.
This season featured guest heroes such as Hawkman, Hawkgirl, The Atom and Green Lantern. Each segment features different Justice League members teaming up to respond to an emergency. The second segment is always a story with the Wonder Twins.
Old 9th June 2020, 06:51 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

afterlife_horizontal_srgb_en_pre-1.jpg

Hilarious , heartwarming and heartbreaking great show.
Old 10th June 2020, 04:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Oh well, I finished my Neighbours 2004 rewatch today (much to all of your relief, I'm sure!) (I could have accessed 2005, but I'm not that much of a masochist ), with Lana's exit. The feeling of a massive wasted opportunity persists to me, I'm afraid, as does the feeling of massive cop-out, after which they can barely seem to wait to get rid of her. At the time, of course, I was confident they'd bring her back relatively quickly (she even says to Boyd, "You haven't seen the last of me") but of course that didn't happen. Not for 15 years anyway. I enjoyed most of 2004, and 3/4 of Lana's stint is one of the best things the show ever did. But the last few weeks were kind of depressing, to be honest, and just left me again wistful for the 2005 that might have been if they'd had the courage of their convictions.

I'll have to rewatch their wedding. That should cheer me up, at least.
Old 10th June 2020, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Only kidding iank!

F Is For Family

Bill Burr's sitcom is a unalloyed delight in these Orwellian times. Set in the 70s, a stressed airport worker tries his best to keep his kids on a decent trajectory.
LOVING THIS.
Finally watched some Burr after he turned up in Zombeavers and a mate said he's a stand up etc.
Ahem.
Tanned the first series. Keeping rest for July!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th June 2020, 04:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Murder in the outback.

Ch4 documentary on the British couple Peter Falconio and Joanne lee,
Joanne lee claims she was attacked and her boyfriend peter was murdered while they toured outback of Australia in the early 2000s.
This was was the inspiration behind the film and tv series wolf creek.

It's a story of 2 halves some are happy there no doubt John Murdoch is guilty while others claim it isn't even possible,

It delves into a lot of things like
If her boyfriend was killed then how come there was no blood found at scene of the crime apart from a small trickle that was from Joanne.
She claims the killer searched for her with his dog when she escaped and hide, then how come there was no footprints or dog paws except Leane's only.
If she was attacked, pushed around tied up etc then how come the only DNA found was a very small minute speckle on back of her T-shirt.
And why was she at times not very helpful and co-operative, never wanted to be interviewed have any press available or want her photo taken, was she really hiding something?
And also a small claim of peter might have faked his own death because not long before they went on holiday he took life insurance out, and a male and female who ran a shop claim to have seen peter in their shop over a 1000 miles away a week or so after his disappearance, and if he did then how come he never been since and that was the only sighting of him, it never stated wether or not the insurance has been cashed.
If you like you're documentaries that delve into every corner and minute details then this is a interesting watch.
Old 12th June 2020, 08:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Still watching the final season of Elementary on broadcast TV for the first time. Killer episode the other day. Literally. This has been a great season so far, with a great villain. I must admit that - especially after this weeks - I'm getting rather nervous for what's going to happen in the finale (nobody tell me)!
Love this show.
Old 12th June 2020, 11:25 AM
Active Cultist

Hannibal is on netflix so decide to give it a go.. gosh this series is DARK and Twisted - enjoying a lot so far
Old 12th June 2020, 01:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Hannibal is on netflix so decide to give it a go.. gosh this series is DARK and Twisted - enjoying a lot so far
It's a show I like a lot and now feel like watching it again.
trebor8273 and Graveyard like this.
Old 14th June 2020, 01:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have now finished both Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. They are good TV shows, though I thought they were perhaps too long, probably with two seasons of six episodes because there's only so long I was emotionally invested in the character (Sam Tyler and Alex Drake) in the period setting and not wishing they would hurry and get to the dénouement.

I was pleasantly surprised by the ending of Ashes to Ashes because it was emotionally and intellectually satisfying and brought all the character and story narratives to an end in a way which didn't leave me feeling cheated.

I thought they could have got to that point much earlier if certain plot threads been introduced sooner, probably in the first season, but I'm glad I watched it and would recommend them to anyone who hasn't seen them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!