Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2020, 06:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hot Zone. 1999.

At a monkey research lab in Washington D.C. a Army lieutenant races against time to stop the spread of Ebola virus reaching humans and is stonewalled by the C.D.C.

After reading the book which was very tense in a lot of places i didn't think the T.V. series would match up but it did and was surprised how the actors pulled it of. Based on the real events that happened in 1989, there are some flaws in the way it was approached but they can be ignored, Julianna Margulies plays the lead doctor for Army research brilliantly and Liam Cunningham plays Wade Carter who faced the Ebola outbreak 1970s and wants to face the monster again to stop it. Recommended.

MV5BYzBiNjlhZDYtMWEwOC00MjI1LWI4MmYtZmNmZmU4NTI3MTNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI1NzMxNzM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,.jpg
Old 15th June 2020, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mister winner.

Someone posted up a comedy sketch about a bloke at a supermarket and refusing to pay for the bag when he finds out it's 15p instead of 5p, so he stuffs all his shopping in his pockets jacket etc, it was amusing so decided to try out the show it was from because it got 6.6 on imdb. Just watched first episode and found it quite amusing, it's more like a modern day talking version of Mr bean finding the scrapes he gets into and what he does next.

So far so good.
Old 16th June 2020, 04:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching final season of 13 reasons why.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 16th June 2020, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Strange World Of Gurney Slade

Another viewing of this genuine oddity. Anthony Newley plays the eponymous character who disassociates himself from his "setting" and wanders off grid so to speak. The real surprise is that it still exists in an intact condition tbh!!
His "adventures" range from the merely frivolous (Una Stubbs) to the really bonkers ending. And now I can't get the theme tune out of my head again!!

This of course being the Network UK dvd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G.jpg (36.4 KB, 5 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th June 2020, 08:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

hqdefault.jpg spy1mm002.jpg
SPACE 1999 Series One (1975-1976)

Another run through of this great series. I always remember watching this on TV when originally aired and the episode 'Dragons Domain' which featured the alien on the spacecraft killing the crew of a mission by sucking them underneath and spitting out a corpse, was really a creep out.
Series One only for me. That's where my memories are and I did not like what happened with Series Two.
Old 18th June 2020, 09:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 225477 Attachment 225478

Another run through of this great series. I always remember watching this on TV when originally aired and the episode 'Dragons Domain' which featured the alien on the spacecraft killing the crew of a mission by sucking them underneath and spitting out a corpse, was really a creep out.
Series One only for me. That's where my memories are and I did not like what happened with Series Two.
I was going to give the post a like until you ruined it all with your last sentence.
Old 19th June 2020, 11:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Ha ha. Sorry Dem, I can't get on with Series Two.
I know Maya is a big draw but I don't revisit that series.
Mojo likes this.
Old 19th June 2020, 11:12 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ha ha. Sorry Dem, I can't get on with Series Two.
I know Maya is a big draw but I don't revisit that series.
I like it because it becomes a bit more action packed.

I love the first series but felt it was slightly limited in it's story ideas.
Old 19th June 2020, 12:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Attachment 225477 Attachment 225478

Definitely with you on this one Dave.
I loved the first series of SPACE 1999 at the time and still love it now ( Network’s Blu Ray set looks stunning ).
I loved the whole sense of wonder and mystery in that first series, combined with some terrific aliens. They also ramped up the horror aspect in a number of episodes ( The Troubled Spirit, Dragon’s Domain, Force Of Life etc ) which was also part of its appeal to me.
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when the second series aired. What was a magnificent, mysterious and unsettling series became a rubber monster of the week kiddies show, with Maya as a get out clause every week.
I agree it was a bit faster paced, but it was awful.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

farscape.jpg FarscapeCast032013.jpg
FARSCAPE (1999-2003)
FARSCAPE PEACEKEEPER WARS (2004)

One of my favourite series of all time. Good times attending the UK conventions and signings. Cancelled on a cliffhanger ending, big thanks go to the Save Farscape movement, who made the Peacekeeper Wars mini series happen.
Excellent!

Like this? Share it using the links below!