Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2020, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Smallville: The Final Season.

After expelling Zod to the phantom zone, Clark is told by Jor-El that a greater evil is coming. After hiding in the shadows and the government wanting to recruit people they create Vigilantes Registration Act (VRA) Oliver Green signs up which may be problematic. Secrets of Tess's pass come back and may be hiding a project that Lex created which she regrets and what ties her to Lionel. After Clark reveals his secret to someone, he travels to a alternate time line where Metropolis is in fear and Lionel resurfaces, what happens when the last son of Krypton gets a hangover and nobody remembers what exactly happened.

Even though this was the last season and meant to be explosive some of the episodes seem to drag on and make it look stupid, there is still some comedic parts but surely the creators could have had better ideas. The return of Lionel Luthor was not a ingenious part but was interesting to see what would happen if he had found Clark and somehow still named him didn't make any sense. John Shneider makes some brief appearances and helps Clark fulfill his destiny with the help of Jor-El.
Old 12th September 2020, 11:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: A Day in the Life. Russ and Sasha's bickering leads to them inadvertently causing an accident in Toby's shed/lab - that results in them swapping bodies. For an episode that's pretty Elizabeth-lite, this is actually a pretty funny and entertaining one, with the actress who plays Sasha being particularly good at playing dorky-Russ-in-Sasha's-body. And I am impressed by the creativity being displayed by the writers this season given that the softening of Elizabeth means she is no longer causing most of the problems in this show.
Old 13th September 2020, 10:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first episode of this Lovecraft Country

Wooooh I can see why it divided folk. But most HPL fans are either too sensitive or overly defensive I find ( on t'interweb anyhow )
It's a TV SHOW. Ye wants Lovecraftian?
Stick with Spongebob y'all!!
I look forward to seeing where it goes (until I get bored that is, it's not The Boys after all haha)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 13th September 2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 13th September 2020, 10:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watched the first episode of this Lovecraft Country

Wooooh I can see why it divided folk. But most HPL are either too sensitive or overly defensive I find ( on t'interweb anyhow )
It's a TV SHOW. Ye wants Lovecraftian?
Stick with Spongebob y'all!!
I look forward to seeing where it goes (until I get bored that is, it's not The Boys after all haha)
Am I right in saying it’s not meant to be hp lovecraft related except the area he come from, and where he wrote his books, with the odd reference to his stories .
Old 13th September 2020, 10:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tis based on a book with the same name. Yes and no as there is blatant shoehorning (pandering more like) of HPL tropes ... every 5 minutes. Or that's what it felt like. I'll stick with it ... for now. Until The Boys that is

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th September 2020, 11:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I was going to start watching this based solely on the title, but then when I saw the clip I didn't know that it was what I was expecting, still not sure now whether to bother! After all, if I want Lovecraft I can always go and watch Wil Wheaton in The Curse

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th September 2020, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. What next, Lovecraft My Neighbour??

[B]
Old 13th September 2020, 06:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dallas season one, this was original a mini series but was so popular it become a full series with another 13 seasons.

Diggers daughter .

Bobby Ewing has married Pam Barnes, who's family's both hate each other , Older brother JR Ewing tries to break them up. We are introduced to the rest of the Ewings, Miss Ellie, Jock Ewing, Lucy Ewing and JRs wife Sue Ellen, ranch hand Ray Crabbs as well as Pam's brother Cliff and farther Digger.

The lesson

Pam tries to befriend Lucy who she finds out has been sleeping with her ex Ray , Lucy tries to blame a school teacher of trying to rape her.

Spy in the house.

After important information is leaked , JR and the rest of the family suspect Pam, which leads to Bobby and Pam leaving South Folk.

Wind of vengeance

A hurricane hits Dallas and the ranch has to locked down,but this is not the worst problem when to men come seeking revenge when they find out JR and Ray have been sleeping with there wifes. Brain Dennehy plays one of the disgruntled husbands.

Barbecue

The Ewings hold there yearly barbecue and Digger is invited to try and smooth things over between the Ewings and the Barnes. Things don't go as planned and Jock and Digger are at each others throats, but their is good news when Pam finds out she's pregnant but the happiness is short lived when Pam loses the baby after a argument with JR.

Last edited by trebor8273; 13th September 2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 13th September 2020, 07:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still Game: Season 1.

Flittin: Jack Jarvis esq needs to move and encouraged by his friend Victor Mcdade to get a flat up beside him after Old Mr Hannigan has just died but the move doesn't go to plan and their friend Winston is training his grandson for a boxing match which everyone is making fun of him.

Faimly: Victor's son is due to visit and Jack in hesitant that he will arrive but they don't know when the train is due. Winston tried to beat Peggy to the butcher's for pork chops which result in a disaster.

Cauld: Winter has arrived, people slipping on ice and dying, Tam has a a bet going on the Hypothermia sweep steak at the pub "The Clansman" on who will die, Winston has a idea to beat the cold weather called "THE F.E.C" Free Electric Club.

Courtin: Jack fancies the charity shop lady, after setting up Victor with her sister who is the complete opposite, jack and Barbara start seeing each other but local gossip Isa puts things right with Victor.

Waddin: Local shop keeper Navid's daughter is getting married and everyone tries to get a invite, while they try to get stuff back from a guy who is presumed dead to the rightful owners.

Scones: Tight fisted Tam seems to enjoy some fame with competitions, Jack and Victor try to out do him. Winston has had some unfortunate problems with the social security and ends up winning a prize.
Old 13th September 2020, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Still Game: Season 1.

Flittin: Jack Jarvis esq needs to move and encouraged by his friend Victor Mcdade to get a flat up beside him after Old Mr Hannigan has just died but the move doesn't go to plan and their friend Winston is training his grandson for a boxing match which everyone is making fun of him.

Faimly: Victor's son is due to visit and Jack in hesitant that he will arrive but they don't know when the train is due. Winston tried to beat Peggy to the butcher's for pork chops which result in a disaster.

Cauld: Winter has arrived, people slipping on ice and dying, Tam has a a bet going on the Hypothermia sweep steak at the pub "The Clansman" on who will die, Winston has a idea to beat the cold weather called "THE F.E.C" Free Electric Club.

Courtin: Jack fancies the charity shop lady, after setting up Victor with her sister who is the complete opposite, jack and Barbara start seeing each other but local gossip Isa puts things right with Victor.

Waddin: Local shop keeper Navid's daughter is getting married and everyone tries to get a invite, while they try to get stuff back from a guy who is presumed dead to the rightful owners.

Scones: Tight fisted Tam seems to enjoy some fame with competitions, Jack and Victor try to out do him. Winston has had some unfortunate problems with the social security and ends up winning a prize.
Absolutely love still game, seen them all twice a show I could never get bored off and always makes me chuckle, they did the right thing and quit while ahead it was very slowly going downhill but still had a lot of good moments, best thing is a lot of my friends and me actually talk to each other like that, visited a friend few week back and was browsing his netflix and noticed he had still game in his favourites, asked him what he thought of it and he said it’s his all time favourite comedy show, and then we sat there and watched a couple of episodes.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!