Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2020, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Unfortunately I can't find the last two seasons of Still Game so dug this out

Are You Being Served: Season 1.

Pilot: Grace Bros department store, The men's department are now sharing their floor with the women's department and anarchy follows.

Dear Sexy Knickers: Mr Lucas seems to have a thing for Miss Brahms and tries to slip her a note that goes into the wrong hands and wrong signals between the senior staff Mrs Slocombe and Captain Peacock.

Our Figures Are Slipping: Sales are down and the staff try to come up with suggestions, manager Mr Rumbold feels Mr Lucas should smile more which displeases Mr Grainger.

Camping In: With transport staff going on strike, the staff decide to camp on the floor in tents with Mr Humphreys wearing some inappropriate attire.

His and Hers: The department have to share the floor with a stall and sales going down due to it, the men and women decide to try and get rid of her.

Diamonds Are A Man's Best Friend: After a customer looses a diamond in the store and offers a reward who will find the diamond?
Old 16th September 2020, 10:55 PM
Cult Addict

This is all very good and proper, people watching series and saying what has occured, but what i keep thinking is did u actually like the program?

We can all watch 26 series of last of the summer wine, but what i want to know is Which series are the best..or at least most tolerable.

I'm waiting for a review of the love boat that says don't watch it, it's all arse.

Eldorado anyone???

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 16th September 2020, 11:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
This is all very good and proper, people watching series and saying what has occured, but what i keep thinking is did u actually like the program?

We can all watch 26 series of last of the summer wine, but what i want to know is Which series are the best..or at least most tolerable.

I'm waiting for a review of the love boat that says don't watch it, it's all arse.

Eldorado anyone???

You can't go wrong with Still Game Nos42 it's all good fun as is Are you Being Being Served with the original cast, eldorado is a thing of the past that i can't remember much about that nor do i want to remember it
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 17th September 2020, 12:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Unfortunately I can't find the last two seasons of Still Game so dug this out

Are You Being Served: Season 1.

Pilot: Grace Bros department store, The men's department are now sharing their floor with the women's department and anarchy follows.

Dear Sexy Knickers: Mr Lucas seems to have a thing for Miss Brahms and tries to slip her a note that goes into the wrong hands and wrong signals between the senior staff Mrs Slocombe and Captain Peacock.

Our Figures Are Slipping: Sales are down and the staff try to come up with suggestions, manager Mr Rumbold feels Mr Lucas should smile more which displeases Mr Grainger.

Camping In: With transport staff going on strike, the staff decide to camp on the floor in tents with Mr Humphreys wearing some inappropriate attire.

His and Hers: The department have to share the floor with a stall and sales going down due to it, the men and women decide to try and get rid of her.

Diamonds Are A Man's Best Friend: After a customer looses a diamond in the store and offers a reward who will find the diamond?
Last 3 seasons of still game are on bbc iPlayer.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 17th September 2020, 12:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post

Eldorado anyone???

Never watched Eldorado then again judging by rating didn’t think anyone did that’s why they got rid of it exactly a year after it started, anyone remember Albion Market ? Lol.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 17th September 2020, 12:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Are You Being Served: Season 2.

The Clock: Mr Grainger's birthday is approaching and fears he may be forced to retire with a Cuckoo clock that signifies retirement.

Cold Comfort: The heating has been turned off in Grace Brother's and everyone tries to find some sort of item to use for warmth.

The Think Tank: Sales haven't been that great so the staff try to come up with ideas which ends up with a fashion show.

Big Brother: Mr Rumbold decides to install security cameras which he uses to spy on the staff who retaliate.

Hoorah For The Holidays: The store is going under a refurbishment and everyone is asked to take their holidays and young Mr Grace offers them a package holiday which nobody seems keen on.

These episodes get funnier and funnier as they go on, even Mrs Slocombe seems to go on about her cat a lot (i ain't saying what she calls it) Mr Lucas seems to try and get Miss Brahms on a date and winds up Mrs Slocombe, Mr Humphrys does have his moments being campy and macho when answering the phone and Mr Grainger has his moments off happiness and grumpiness .
Old 17th September 2020, 12:45 AM
Cult Addict

pussy2.jpg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 17th September 2020, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Are You Being Served: season 3.

The Hand Of Fate: After a board director is forced to retire due to ill health (Two bottles a day apparently) Mr Rumbold may be moved up and suggests Captain Peacock to replace him, the staff decide who should be the next floor walker.

Coffee Morning: After their tea break is now timed the staff revolt against it with Mr Mash being their shop steward.

Up Captain Peacock: After 20 years at Grace Brother's, Captain Peacock is given the executive key to much annoyance to Mr Grainger and Mrs Slocombe as Captain Peacock flaunts his new position.

Cold Store: Mr Lucas tries to fake a illness to go home early while the staff try not to catch any illness.

Wedding Bells: Young Mr Grace asks to see Mrs Slocombe in choosing a ring, everyone thinks he is going to ask Mrs Slocombe for her hand in marriage in which the staff begin to be nice to her.

German Week: Grace Brother's decide to promote a new line of clothing for visiting Germans and decide to do a dance and offer wine which Mrs Slocombe has sampled a lot and Mr Humphrys has no idea why his eyes are watering. MV5BNzVjZTFiMjctZDM1Ni00NTdjLWE1ZjktZTMwOTViYmFhYTY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUyODMyMw@@._V1_.jpg

Shoulder To Shoulder: The women's department is forced to share with the men which displeases Mr Grainger.

New Look: The department decide to kick things up with a announcement to welcome customers to the floor and a prize for the best and the staff compete for the position.

Christmas Crackers: The staff are told their department is getting kicked up with decorations and each are asked to dress up in fancy dress.

This one gets better and quick with the laughs and comments and more of Mr Mash appearances, even with Ric Young who plays the Japanese visitor and Mr Humphrys comments about the accents and can't get his L's around his R's. The Christmas Crackers episode has always been a favourite episode in our household.
Old 18th September 2020, 03:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Are You Being Served: Season 4.

No Sale: Grace Brother's opens early and proves to be busy than ever, with the staff being disgruntled they decide to sabotage it.

Top Hat and Tails: Mr Grace orders the staff to participate in Ballroom dancing with two mechanical dolls and the staff given suits from a bankrupt theatre.

Forward Mr Grainger: Mr Rumbold is going away for a conference meeting leaving Mr Grainger in charge who slowly becomes hated by his friends.

Fire Practice: Mr Grace decides to hold a fire practice that goes wronh, the staff have to deal with foreign customers and Mrs Slocombe being stuck in a fabric tube during a real fire.

Fifty Years On: The staff prepare a tribute to Mrs Slocombe who they believe is turning 50 years old.

Oh What A Tangled Web: Captain Peacock turns up late with Mr Rumbold's secretary and the staff believe they spent the night together and confusion ensues with Mrs Peacock and the secretary's father.

The Father Christmas Affair: With the fault of the Chrsitmas Display Unit the staff decide to dress up to entertain the children. 1130540721.jpg

This is the season Mr Harman appears after Mr Mash leaves and provides even more laughter with the staff and the staff confusing each other especially with Mr Rumbold being confused with everything going on and display units never seem to work.
Old 18th September 2020, 07:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

SHARPE'S MISSION (1996)

sharpe_003.jpg

1813. Sharpe is assigned a mission to blow up a store of French gunpowder.
Sharpe is teamed with Col Brand, a brave hero from a few years before.
A gypsy girl recognises Brand as being in a secret meeting with the French and killing her family..

This episode was not based on a Bernard Cornwell book. It is a new original story but fits in fine and is just as good as the others in the series.

Like this? Share it using the links below!