Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2020, 12:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Finished THE BOYS season 2 on Friday. Fracking awesome!

Renewed for a third season.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 13th October 2020, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Finished THE BOYS season 2 on Friday. Fracking awesome!

Renewed for a third season.
Just finished myself, been reading the comics quite different and properly even more violent and depraved!

Just started the haunting of Bly manor.
Old 13th October 2020, 04:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Justiceleaguetimmartpromo.jpg
JUSTICE LEAGUE SEASON 1 (2002)

Action packed and exciting 26 episodes.
When this Justice League exploded on to the TV, the restrictions of the old 'SuperFriends' cartoons were gone. The heroes were able to actually engage in a fight with who or whatever foe came their way.
Great stuff!
Old 17th October 2020, 11:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: The Truth Is Out There. A heated competition between Elizabeth and Sasha over the school science fair takes a back seat when Jack gets access to Elizabeth's secret lab, a truth serum - and a video camera. This one starts off looking like it's going to be a bit meh - and Sasha's sudden bitchiness to Elizabeth seems a bit random and out of nowhere - but escalates into a surprisingly tense affair as Jack comes closer than ever to exposing Toby and Elizabeth's secret. Toby and Elizabeth working together is always fun, and it's indicative of the strange relationship they have this season, as even though Toby refuses to countenance the prospect of a relationship with her and remains combative with her, there's a mutual trust and understanding between them nonetheless - and, kind of following on from last week, Verity using the truth serum to force Elizabeth into admitting she likes her is both funny and sweet.
Old 18th October 2020, 09:17 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Walking Dead: Seasons 9 and 10

With a sizeable time gap (perhaps six years) since the end of season eight and with one of the major characters no longer in the show, things are very different and I found it a refreshing change to a show which was in danger of becoming very samey and dull. When I finished the 9th season, I couldn't wait to begin the 10th, so went straight on and thought it was excellent TV. Bring on season 11!

The Haunting of Bly Manor

Heavily influenced by Henry James's The Turn of the Screw (and The Innocents, Jack Clayton's brilliant 1961 film based on that novella), this is a really well made miniseries with some good jumps, superb performances, and intrigue. I didn't realise it was a second season of a show called The Haunting, so I'm now a few episodes into The Haunting of Hill House and really liking it so far. The links to Robert Wise's The Haunting (1963) and Shirley Jackson's novel The Haunting of Hill House are included cleverly and respectfully.
Old 18th October 2020, 10:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Young bottom

The nasty episode and Terror episodes especially for this time of year..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201018_110952.jpg (90.3 KB, 4 views)

Old 19th October 2020, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A new take on the Sherlock Holmes story. Here it's set in New York ,Holmes has moved too New York after a Drug problem . Watson is now a woman and is a ex surgeon and Holmes " sober companion". Watched first and second season.

First season we see the introduction of the other main characters Captain Thomas Gregson and Detective Bell, with have various cases but the main theme is Moriarty who Holmes believes is responsible for the death of his girlfriend.

Second season deals with separate cases once again but we also have contained story's of Lestrade ( Shaun Pertwee) who career has come to a end and has not rock bottom when Holmes left for America, also introduced to Holmes brother Mycroft who have not spoke in years and becomes romantically involved with Watson,here Mycroft ( Rhys Ifans) appears to be a chief who owns a number of restaurants but is there something more sinister to him. Watson growth as a detective in her own right begins to grow under Holmes tutoring.

Have to say the more this series went on the more I enjoyed it more than Sherlock.

Also finished Ratched a couple a week's ago, it's absolutely brilliant great acting all round. Really thought it would not be up to much. Also liked the use of colours too represent different characters and emotions . Roll on season two. One of the best things Netflix have produced.
Old 24th October 2020, 08:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

X Files season 3. X Files is a weird show these days; I would still consider myself a fan, and the majority of their standalone stories are still first class small screen horror. But I cannot sit through the Conspiracy episodes these days, I find them so utterly boring, and they're so utterly pointless since any development within any of them can be retconned by Carter at a later date... I tend to skip the Conspiracy eps these days and just watch the standalones...
Old 24th October 2020, 11:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Air Dog. Still intent on exposing Toby and Elizabeth, Jack steals Toby's anti-grav device and fits it to a dog that Toby's supposed to be looking after for the Principal... This one's okay, with a few amusing moments, though falls a bit flat simply due to there being far too little Elizabeth for my taste. It's interesting that Jack has now gone from simply wanting to exploit Toby and Elizabeth's genius to actually wanting to learn how they did it so he can become one himself, but Toby continues to insist on making life difficult for himself by actually lying to Elizabeth that everything's fine in the middle of a crisis. I mean, It's not like she could (and would) help or anything...
Old 30th October 2020, 09:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lovecraft Country

A resolution. A rebirth. A reckoning. Certainly this was based on a novel, what with the ending and all that cough. Leave it there? They should. Go on and do something else. Don't draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag it out. Twas a bit silly tbh, but being cursed with knowledge, I might not have been the ideal audience etc. To be fair, it ends in a non conventional manner .... it's just that it did slightly remind me of various denouments, The Dunwich Horror (1970) amongst them.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!