LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2020, 02:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching all Tales of the unexpected about 3 a day just starting series 6,
So many I’ve not seen before.
Old 5th November 2020, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah i've been watching them on Sky Arts channel, missed series one but have been doing a few before bed.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 5th November 2020, 08:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well I've been perusing The Innes Book Of Records on YT. All 3 series.
Many highlights including Jake Thackeray, Vivian Stanshall and a Doctor Who song, which is ... of its time .
I can only imagine that some copyright wrangles prevent the Beeb from putting it out cough ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th November 2020, 10:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Yeah i've been watching them on Sky Arts channel, missed series one but have been doing a few before bed.
Some missing so I did the search in the search bar part and all the whole series / episodes come up.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 6th November 2020, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

sharpe-s-revenge-sean-bean-22366775-1024-647.jpg
SHARPE'S REVENGE (1997)

1814. It's the end of the Peninsular War and Sharpe participates in the Battle Of Toulouse. Meanwhile, his wife Jane, unhappy at his actions, heads off back to England, cashes in all of Sharpe's money and starts an affair with another man.
Another good episode and set at the time when Napoleon was in exile on Elba.

M_A_S_H_TV_title_screen.jpg
MASH Season 7.

More fun with the MASH 4077.
The last full season for Radar O' Reilly.
Old 6th November 2020, 02:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Finished The Boys season 2 loved every second of it especially Butcher
Old 6th November 2020, 03:07 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've recently been watching some Marvel TV shows: the second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and I'm now about half way through the fifth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I like the way Luke Cage ended, meaning it doesn't really need a third season. The same can't be said for Iron Fist, which finished with an episode that could have had 'To Be Continued' at the end. I hope that it is in other shows.

Before watching those, I quickly went through both series of Ghosts on BBC iPlayer. It's a funny show which is very easy to watch and one I recommend to everyone here. It's apparently by the people who made Horrible Histories, so if you've seen any of those and enjoyed them, then you should definitely watch this.

Old 7th November 2020, 11:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Time Loop. Increasingly desperate to make something happen with Toby, Elizabeth does a double whammy by not only transporting them both into a parallel universe where they're a couple, but into a time loop on the sixth month anniversary of their couplehood - a loop Toby will stay in until he "gets it right". This is another really fun, and funny episode. Although Elizabeth is obviously doing the wrong thing, she's hilarious and impossible not to feel for anyway. Honestly, I think she needs to give it up though - she seems to be largely over her anger issues this season, but her fixation on Toby, while understandable in a way, is clearly not healthy or doing her any good. Move on, honey. There's plenty more fish in the sea. Incidentally, my phone number is...
Old 13th November 2020, 07:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Peep

Gone back and re-watching Peep Show from the very first series.. It's really entertaining when you rewatch a show,where you can see the characters development,well maybe not in Jez's case,but certainly Mark seems to go through a journey,to the point he becomes a father....Jez on the other hand, seems to be stuck in a rut,drugs,meaningless sex and several attempts at fame... Character development aside,the show has many recurring characters,mainly Uber drug taker Super Hans and love interest Dobby,both of whom are intrinsically to the on going story,in the Peep Show world... Like any good British modern sitcom,it's chock full of quotable line's of dialogue,and of course this is down to the clever writing of Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain,and of course David Mitchell with his comedy writing partner Robert Webb... Favourite moments from the show are From episode Man Jam, where Super Han's band Man Feelings are jamming, with Jez unsuccessfully joining in on saxophone, later the band change there name to Danny Dyer's Chocolate Hermunculus,which is pure genius...and so is the lyrics from the band's song....*‘I am in loco parentis.*I am the last remaining contestant on the Apprentice.*I am the home-trained dentist.’*...But there are two many classic moments, let's only hope we get to see Jez and Mark in there old age....

Old 13th November 2020, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Onto the last 2 series of tales of the unexpected,
Also started watching Adventure time, tbh I only saw few episodes here and there about 5yrs ago, so decided to start from beginning and whiz through them, won’t take long because episodes are only between 10-15 long .
Also looking into a show I’d never heard of before today but got good reviews on IMDb
Marvelous misadventures of flapjack have anyone seen it ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!