All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2020, 09:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've recently been watching some Marvel TV shows: the second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and I'm now about half way through the fifth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I like the way Luke Cage ended, meaning it doesn't really need a third season. The same can't be said for Iron Fist, which finished with an episode that could have had 'To Be Continued' at the end. I hope that it is in other shows.

Before watching those, I quickly went through both series of Ghosts on BBC iPlayer. It's a funny show which is very easy to watch and one I recommend to everyone here. It's apparently by the people who made Horrible Histories, so if you've seen any of those and enjoyed them, then you should definitely watch this.

Re: Ghosts, the caveman was easily my favourite character.
Seconded btw.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th November 2020, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rab C. Nesbitt.

Rab, a low life and proud of it scum, living with his wife Mary (Mary Darlin' or Mary Hen') two sons, Gash and Burney spends time talking about society and drinking with his friend Jamsie.

Work: When Mary leaves Rab he has to fend for himself but his problems arise when he is forced to take a job.

Rat: The Scottish Bi-Elections are coming up, a old Govan pal of Rab's is running, will Rab and his friends vote with or against him.

City of Culture: Glasgow is named City of Culture with guests arriving, Rab and Jamsie get into the spirit by starting a fight, Gash and Burney remove the drain covers for scrap metal to sell.

Drink: Rab is told he has to give up the drink or he will die within a year.

offski: When gash runs away to London, Rab is on his trails and takes up lodgings with Mary's brother who has forgotten his Scottish heritage by acting as a snob.

Holiday: The family have won a holiday to Spain joining Jamsie and his wife Ella, and get up to the capers while Gash and Burney manage to find a holiday romance.

Watching these brings back memories of Friday nights BBC 2 with laughter, hiccups and memorable phrases, some of the cast in earlier roles before going over to Still Game some 10 years later. Even with the laughs of Rab breaking the fourth wall and describing how he is proud to be scum with his ripped suit and string vest and head band.

Old 14th November 2020, 01:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Re: Ghosts, the caveman was easily my favourite character.
Seconded btw.
He's one of my favourite characters as well. I find it absurdly funny that he's called Robin! Of the ghosts, my two favourites are probably Mary, the constantly smouldering woman who was burnt as a witch during the Stuart era and Pat Butcher, the friendly and tragicomic Scoutmaster who is always walking around with an arrow through his neck.
Old 14th November 2020, 04:45 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
He's one of my favourite characters as well. I find it absurdly funny that he's called Robin! Of the ghosts, my two favourites are probably Mary, the constantly smouldering woman who was burnt as a witch during the Stuart era and Pat Butcher, the friendly and tragicomic Scoutmaster who is always walking around with an arrow through his neck.
I can just imagine her with an arrow thru her neck!

MacBlayne and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th November 2020, 07:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The episode tales from the crypt starring Demi Moore is Same story as tales of the unexpected series 8 episode 2 it’s in the cards , the story Starring Demi Moore is practically exactly the same just slightly altered .
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 14th November 2020, 07:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I can just imagine her with an arrow thru her neck!

THIS Pat Butcher

MacBlayne and Demoncrat like this.
Old 14th November 2020, 10:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Underwater. Elizabeth creates a defense spray out of toxic octopus venom, but moron Garth lopes off with it to play a 'joke' on Russ, only for it to end up instead impacting not only Elizabeth but a teacher to boot... This is an okay episode. Mildly amusing, but fairly average in comparison to the last few great eps.
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 15th November 2020, 03:47 PM
Cult Master

Has anyone seen the second season of the Exorcist? I enjoyed the first season on netflix i seem amazon prime has season 2.
Old 16th November 2020, 01:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Started on the boxset of 'Hammer: House of Horror'. First episode was pretty good, second was really, really good. Perfect length, for me - around 50 mins.
Can't believe these were shown on tv, in the early 80's - reasonable amount of gore, nudity etc.
Old 16th November 2020, 12:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Has anyone seen the second season of the Exorcist? I enjoyed the first season on netflix i seem amazon prime has season 2.
I watched it and thought it was good. I'm not sure if it was better than the first or not, but I do remember being disappointed there wasn't a third season and feeling could rewatch the (first and only) two seasons again.

Like this? Share it using the links below!