All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2020, 12:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Gone back and re-watching Peep Show from the very first series.. It's really entertaining when you rewatch a show,where you can see the characters development,well maybe not in Jez's case,but certainly Mark seems to go through a journey,to the point he becomes a father....Jez on the other hand, seems to be stuck in a rut,drugs,meaningless sex and several attempts at fame... Character development aside,the show has many recurring characters,mainly Uber drug taker Super Hans and love interest Dobby,both of whom are intrinsically to the on going story,in the Peep Show world... Like any good British modern sitcom,it's chock full of quotable line's of dialogue,and of course this is down to the clever writing of Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain,and of course David Mitchell with his comedy writing partner Robert Webb... Favourite moments from the show are From episode Man Jam, where Super Han's band Man Feelings are jamming, with Jez unsuccessfully joining in on saxophone, later the band change there name to Danny Dyer's Chocolate Hermunculus,which is pure genius...and so is the lyrics from the band's song....*‘I am in loco parentis.*I am the last remaining contestant on the Apprentice.*I am the home-trained dentist.’*...But there are two many classic moments, let's only hope we get to see Jez and Mark in there old age....
There are some fantastic episodes in the later series too, it just doesn't lose it. Stand outs for me include the Christmas Dinner episode which is extremely awkward, and then even later, Jez as a trained counselor sleeping with two of his clients who happen to be boyfriend and girlfriend, while Mark decides to host a dinner party to woo a married woman he has the hots for though she unexpectedly brings her husband to the party - CRINGE haha

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th November 2020, 01:18 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I watched it and thought it was good. I'm not sure if it was better than the first or not, but I do remember being disappointed there wasn't a third season and feeling could rewatch the (first and only) two seasons again.
Thanks ill give it a watch tonight.
Old 16th November 2020, 02:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
There are some fantastic episodes in the later series too, it just doesn't lose it. Stand outs for me include the Christmas Dinner episode which is extremely awkward, and then even later, Jez as a trained counselor sleeping with two of his clients who happen to be boyfriend and girlfriend, while Mark decides to host a dinner party to woo a married woman he has the hots for though she unexpectedly brings her husband to the party - CRINGE haha
Funny enough I rewatched both those episodes the weekend,plus Jeremys Manager episode where they play a Christian festival......

Cally: I got a call from Super Hans, he's having an ego attack. He's driving to Festivus with all the windows down shouting his own name. Reckons he's gonna make a super group out of Hard-Fi and Keizer Chiefs

Old 16th November 2020, 07:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
He's one of my favourite characters as well. I find it absurdly funny that he's called Robin! Of the ghosts, my two favourites are probably Mary, the constantly smouldering woman who was burnt as a witch during the Stuart era and Pat Butcher, the friendly and tragicomic Scoutmaster who is always walking around with an arrow through his neck.
I like the Captain... and Julian Fawcett MP the trouserless ghost....
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 16th November 2020, 10:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
I like the Captain... and Julian Fawcett MP the trouserless ghost....
I like them all and just picked my favourites.

The way Simon Farnaby plays the disgraced, sleazy, former MP is brilliant and it must have been weird to spend numerous days acting fully dressed apart from trousers. Like you, I enjoy watching the Captain and find his blend of repressed homosexuality, strictness, and vulnerability to be quite endearing.
Old 16th November 2020, 10:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I like them all and just picked my favourites.

The way Simon Farnaby plays the disgraced, sleazy, former MP is brilliant and it must have been weird to spend numerous days acting fully dressed apart from trousers. Like you, I enjoy watching the Captain and find his blend of repressed homosexuality, strictness, and vulnerability to be quite endearing.
I got confused with people talking about the Exorcist series here-

" I enjoy watching the Captain and find his blend of repressed homosexuality, strictness, and vulnerability to be quite endearing."

Demoncrat likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 16th November 2020, 10:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I got confused with people talking about the Exorcist series here-

" I enjoy watching the Captain and find his blend of repressed homosexuality, strictness, and vulnerability to be quite endearing."

He is obsessed by rules but struggles to impose order on the other ghosts. It's hinted that he had feelings for another soldier, perhaps unrequited love, but nothing is known about his death.

His medals show he lived until the end of the war and saw combat on the continent, but nothing is known about his family or cause of death. It's interesting that he's in full uniform with no obvious injuries or damage to his clothing.
Old 16th November 2020, 11:05 PM
Cult Addict

You're missing the point i thought u was talking about Captain Howdy.

Old 16th November 2020, 11:32 PM
Cult Addict

Wasn't Captain Howdy one of the Village People?
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 16th November 2020, 11:34 PM
Cult Addict

I'll get me Communion wafers...

Like this? Share it using the links below!