LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2020, 03:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
You're missing the point i thought u was talking about Captain Howdy.
Yes, I can see why having two conversations about different TV shows, one a horror-drama about demonic possession and the other a good-natured comedy about a haunted house could lead to misunderstandings!
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 17th November 2020, 10:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Secret Army: Revenge. The Commies have their sights set on Albert, and Kessler is determined to prove that Major Reinhardt was part of the failed conspiracy to assassinate Hitler. Season 3 is gripping-as-f**k so far. Kessler is such a fantastic character, being seemingly genuinely gentlemanly and loving with his Belgium "lady friend", but this humanising only makes his fanatical Nazi zeal all the scarier. Cracking stuff.
Old 21st November 2020, 08:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Episode 1: Four siblings Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund, evacuated to a countryside manor during WWII, Lucy discovers a wardrobe and steps into it discovers a another world called Narnia that is ruled by a witch who has turned the land into constant Winter.

Episode 2: Lucy goes through the wardobe again to meet the faun Mr Tumnus and Edmund arrives in Narnia and meets the White Witch. When Lucy tells Peter and Susan, Edmund denies he was there and that he and Lucy were playing about.

Episode 3: After the children hide from the housekeeper and step into the wardrobe, Peter and Susan now believe Lucy was telling the truth and Lucy takes them to Mr Tumnus hut.

Episode 4: The siblings discover what has happened to Mr Tumnus and are met by Mr Beaver who takes them to the dam, when Edmund leaves, they discover that he may be heading to the White Witch and they must move on.

Episode 5: The siblings meet The Lion Aslan and tells them of the prophecy of Narnia, Edmund returns and faces uncertainty from the other creatures of Narnia.

Episode 6: The journey for the siblings is not over as they prepare to do battle and keep the hopes of Narnia alive.

I got one god thing to scream out...I want my childhood back pronto!!! The joys of seeing this on Sunday afternoons on BBC, ok it is a bit low budget but you go with what you got. I remember the series being slated badly by C.S. Lewis who hated the dramatization but for a child of 7 years old this was amazing and years later sadly...I still enjoyed it, The acting and effects were a bit laughable but isn't some of our childhood favourite films and T.V. series.

lion_witch_bbc.dvd.lg.jpg
Old 21st November 2020, 11:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Ghost Girl. The arrival of a Hollywood horror movie starlet who wants to spend time at a "normal" school does not impress Elizabeth, and she's particularly disgusted at her classmates fawning over her. But when said starlet deliberately embarrasses her on a school outing, Elizabeth decides to teach her a lesson about what it's really like to be scared... This is a silly but fun episode. I didn't think I was going to like it much at first, but even though this is a plot you can easily see being done in season 1, it's done very differently here than it would have been then. Although Elizabeth is still being rather petty, she's ultimately just pulling a harmless practical joke, with no intent to hurt anyone, and does actually seem to be having a good time doing so. And her reaction to Toby spoiling it early is not to get angry but just kind of roll her eyes and complain, "You are such a party pooper!" And you know what - she's right!
Old 22nd November 2020, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and the voyage of the Drawn Treader.

Episode 1: The Pevensie siblings still talk about their time in Narnia, meanwhile Young Prince Caspian heir to the throne has heard of the old stories and when his Aunt gives birth he is exiled.

Episode 2: The siblings are brought back to Narnia to help Caspian in battle and to be the right ruler of Narnia, when their fight is over Peter and Susan are too old to return but Edmund and Lucy may get called upon again.

Episode 3: While Edmund and Lucy are visiting their cousin Eustace, they are sucked in through a painting and arrive on the Dawn Treader to help Caspian with his journey.

Episode 4: On a island Caspian looking for his father's friends, come across traders and Eustace finds a cave that may hold the secret of what happened to one of the men he is searching for.

Episode 5: When the Dawn Treader is attacked, the ship party arrive on a beach close to a magicians house where people are invisible and ask Lucy to help them break a spell.

Episode 6: At the end of their journey, Caspian has found three remaining men he was searching for, he is told to travel to the end of Narnia and leave one of his companions, Aslan tells Lucy and Edmund that they shall never return to Narnia.

This part of Chronicles of Narnia I was never keen on and only seen this twice now, when it first aired and now, it just seemed to drag on a lot going from one place to another and finding different tasks to accomplish, it was a bit more exciting reading the book. Even though the series started with the original siblings Peter is seen in parts and Susan seemed to be ignored, at least Edmund has grown up and left his nastiest part to Lucy who seems to whine a lot.

Chronicles_of_Narnia_The_Voyage_of_the_Dawn_Treader_Chronicles_of_Narnia_Prince_Caspian_TV_Minis.jpg

you may have guessed correctly on what you are thinking The Silver Chair will be next
Old 23rd November 2020, 01:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair.

Episode 1: Jill Pole is at a private school and bullied, she flees and meets with Eustace, who tells her of Aslan and Narnia, Suddenly they are both transported. Jill meets Aslan and gives her a quest to find Prince Rillian son of King Caspian.

Episode 2: Eustace and Jill meet the Owl council who tell them of the death of the Queen of Narnia and Rillian's quest to find the serpent that bit his mother and no one had seen him since. To travel to some areas the Owls send them to the Marshes and seek out ally, a Marshwiggle called Puddleglum

Episode 3: Jill and Eustace along with Puddleglum arrive at the valley of Giants and meet the Green lady and a Knight who tells them that the giants will give them shelter and make them a feast.

Episode 4: Uncertain of their fate, the trio find a clue within the rocks outside and try to escape the giants and escape deep in to the underground.

Episode 5: As they go deep in the underground, the trio meet a strange man who is then bound to a silver chair, as they free him they learn on who he is.

Episode 6: Eustace, Jill, Puddleglum and Prince Rillian try to escape the underground and return Rillian to Narnia and reclaim the heir to the thrown of Narnia.

You can tell the BBC must have been loosing interest in this one as the special effects looked cheaply done even Aslan's appearance doesn't look the same from the previous episodes. The child actors did a decent job even David Thwaites who played Eustace eventually became went to produce the recent Halloween movie. I forgot Tom Baker was in this as Puddleglum and gives out another great performance, i'm very sure in one scene he gets drunk, he is carried away by a giant he gives out the "F" word, it's Tom Baker so we can forgive him.

51TBVYHTYGL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 23rd November 2020, 03:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Orifices

Been re-watching the US version of The Office recently,and while it never really reaches the giddy heights of cringe worthyness that the original did,it probably works alot better as a traditional sitcom rather than a faux documentary comedy...It's incredibly hard to take the US version as any thing more than a straight forward sitcom mainly because Steve Carrells Michael Scott,is more of an over top comedy caricature rather than Gervais David Brent... Also where as the UK Office went for the option of finishing on a high after two series and the Christmas specials,( some thing that John Cleese realised with Fawlty Towers),the American Office dragged it out to nine series with some seasons lasting nearly 20 episodes a piece,hardly surprising you are going to loose momentum and spontinaety...On the plus side it did manage to have a life of it's own and making star's out of some of the main cast.... With nearly 200 odd episodes you are not gonna hit the mark every time,but luckily the series had more hits and misses...Steve Carrell played Michael Scott slightly more zany than David Brent, Which didn't always work for me,but when Carrell reigned his performance,it made the character slightly more believable and in some cases sympathetic...I don't class The Office US ,as a classic sitcom, and it's certainly not as good as Seinfeld, but it's a damn sight better than most US remakes of British sitcoms....

Old 23rd November 2020, 05:08 PM
Cult Master

'The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby Doo'

Look at the front cover...

...and read the synopsis on the back of the box:
"Super sleuths Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo are on the case for ghosts, real ghosts this time, 13 of the world’s meanest ghosts to be exact. Once banned to an enchanted Chest of Demons of eternity, all 13 spirits are now loose to wreak havoc on the world and only Scooby-Doo can recapture them because – ruh-roh! – he’s the one who unwittingly opened the chest and let them out! Joined by the pint-sized, fast –talking magician / con artist Flim-Flam and guided by the world’s greatest mystic Vincent van Ghoul (voiced and inspired by the incomparable Vincent Price), the gang causes mayhem hunting ghosts around the world while cracking fans up in the comfort of their home. Scare up this spooktacular 2-disc complete series collection for a haunting good time! "
WHERE DOES IT MENTION THAT BLOODY SCRAPPY DOO IS IN THE SHOW?

Like everyone else, I loathe Scrappy Doo!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd November 2020, 06:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Black Adder. 1983

Episode 1: The Foretelling: Edmund arrives late at a battle and kills Richard III after he thought Richard was stealing his horse. When his father Richard IV becomes King, Edmund calls himself the Black Adder and tries everything to get rid of his older brother to be the next King.

Episode 2: The Queen of Spain's Beard: To dominate Europe Richard IV plans to Marry Edmund and Harry to a selection of Princess's and Duchesses, Edmund is now to be married off to the Spanish Infanta, which he tries to stop.

Episode 3: The Archbishop:Someone is killing off the Archbishop of Canterbury, Edmund hopes Harry will be the next Archbishop so that if Harry dies, Edmund will be heir to the throne but Richard IV chooses Edmund to be Archbishop.

Episode 4: Born To Be King:With Richard IV on a crusade, Harry being in charge and festivities coming up, Scottish commander Douglas McAngus pays a visit and takes land from Edmund forcing him to plot revenge but holts the revenge when certain papers show the Queen was having a affair and that Harry may not be the rightful heir.

Episode 5: Witchsmeller Pursuivant:The kingdom has come under a plague, everyone thinks there is a witch amongst them and bring in a Witch finder, Edmund is tested and fails, which makes him come under suspicion.

Episode 6: The Black Seal: When Edmund looses his Duke of Edinburgh title, he fires his servants and looks for the most cruel men to help take over the royal family.

The whole series centers on Edmund (Rowan Atkinson), the son of the younger of the two princes who in history were murdered in the Tower of London, allegedly by Richard III. In this take on history, where real history is dismissed as being rewritten by Henry Tudor, the princes were not murdered and Richard Duke of York grows up 'to be a strong boy'. The first episode of the series lays the foundation, explaining how Richard III dies, how Edmund's father becomes King and also the important, accidental, foretelling by three Witches to Edmund that one day he will be King. The rest of the series follows Edmund in his attempts to realise this foretelling.

Each plot in the series follows a similar pattern - Black adder getting himself into a situation and having to get himself out of it. The humour presented is more subtle, relying more on the use of visual comedy, language and historical satire than on blind sarcasm. Many of the gags are implied and expect the viewer to work out the meaning as opposed to ramming it down their throats. Additionally, the script contains a number of lines that cleverly misuse Shakespeare for added effect.

Rowan Atkinson plays it brilliantly while Tony Robinson and Tim McInnerny plays the servants Baldrick and Percy, Baldrick coming up with the cunning plans and Percy being simple and dim-witted. Brian Blessed playing the loud mouth Richard IV is well suited for the ruler of the kingdom, Jim Broadbent, Miriam Margolyes, Angus Deayton, Frank Finlay and Alex Norton make a appearance and bring in the laughs.

MV5BNDY5OTA1OTkxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTI1NzU5._V1_.jpg
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blackadder II. 1986.

Lord Edmund Blackadder is in the Tudor Court serving Elizabeth I and tries not to offend her.

Episode 1: Bells: Lord Edmund plans to marry and has to choose a best man while Baldrick becomes a maid of honor and Lord Percy tries to convince Edmund he should be best man.

Episode 2: Head: Edmund is now got the post of Lord High executioner and may even loose his own head.

Episode 3: Potato: Edmund tries to impress The Queen by embarking on his own voyage of the sea.

Episode 4: Money: The bank is looking to reclaiming money loaned to Edmund who doesn't have it, tries to get the money by any means necessary until he is given a plan.

Episode 5: Beer: Edmund decides to challenge the court for a drinking game until his Aunt and Uncle turn up for dinner who Edmund thinks he will get his inheritance.

Episode 6: Chains: Edmund and and Lord Melchett are kidnapped and The Queen refuses to pay any ransom forcing Edmund and Melchett to either turn on The Queen or try to escape.

Miranda Richardson joins the cast, as a particularly loopy Queen Elizabeth. Stehen Fry joins in as the toadying Lord Melchett and the delightful Patsy Byrne is the daft Nursie. Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, and Tim McInnerny are back as the descendants of their previous characters. Percy is still a cretin, but now so is Baldrick! Luckily, Lord Edmund is a step above his ancestor. Hugh Laurie makes two appearances, one as a member of the drinking party and as a German Spy who pulls off a great impression. The first episode is not my favourite but as the episodes do go on the laughs come more and more along with the witty humour. The end credits are giving out the sub plot with the singing even from the Beer episode made me chuckle.

MV5BMTI4NDc1NDg0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjk0MTc5._V1_UY1200_CR102,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!