Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2020, 11:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Spiderboy. Garth's obnoxious little cousin Rodney is in town, and when he starts causing chaos at school Garth pulls him into Elizabeth's lab to try and keep him out of trouble, only for the little idiot to start messing around with Elizabeth's "genetically enhanced" spiders... This is another really fun "monster movie" episode, with some great jumps and big laughs. Another really good episode, only 3 left now (including the 2-part finale), which I'm rather sad about. I've really enjoyed revisiting this show, with season 2 in particular being gold.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hammer House of Horror: The House That Bled To Death

A couple buy a house with their daughter, unaware that a man murdered his wife there many years previously. As they begin to settle in unexplained things start happening. When a pipe leaks blood, the family leave with a secret they are hiding.

A nice piece of T.V. viewing to watch on a dark miserable night, being born after these were made I never had the pleasure of seeing these and when they were shown a few years back guaranteed I be working. This episode seemed to be everyone's favourite, seems like a normal haunted house film that the ending threw me right off and wasn't expecting it. It's a nice bit of nostalgic seeing the old cars without seat belts.

965527.jpg
Old 29th November 2020, 12:53 AM
Cult Addict

Love Hammer house watched them at the time of original airing although this one has never been a favourite, my favourites are The two faces of evil closely followed by The silent scream.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 29th November 2020, 01:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Love Hammer house watched them at the time of original airing although this one has never been a favourite, my favourites are The two faces of evil closely followed by The silent scream.
Ya gotta remember Nos i am still young a pup
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 29th November 2020, 01:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hammer House Of Horror: The Silent Scream.

Chuck is released from prison for robbery, he tells his wife Annie that he was visited by a man called Martin. When Chuck goes to visit Martin he is offered a job for him feeding animals in his private zoo. When Chuck sees a safe he is tempted but may cost him more than just his new freedom.

Brian Cox stars as the recently released convict Chuck who is offered a new start working with animals by Horror legend Peter Cushing who shows his sadistic side even more frightening in this that what he did in the films. This one is intriguing and shows that you don't need a big budget just some good acting that causes tension and claustrophobic atmosphere right up to the ending where it gets more suspenseful.

ti110073.jpg
Old 29th November 2020, 02:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hammer house Of Horror: The Two faces Of Evil.

A family on holiday pick up a mysterious hitch-hiker who attacks the driver and the car rolls over. In a hospital the wife is told her husband is alive but has damaged his throat and can't speak, she is also asked to identify the attacker who died but he mysteriously looks like her husband and her paranoia becomes apparent as to is dead and who is alive.

If Rutger Hauer didn't put you off picking up hitch-hikers well this episode might, I wouldn't go as far as to this one what a bit of a mind screw but certainly had me on the edge of my seat anyway. Anna Calder-Marshall plays the wife who thinks she has brought a killer home and her husband is dead, she does give a great performance as whether she is paranoid or not and do doppelgangers actually exist.

tf-screen-10.jpg
Old 29th November 2020, 02:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

I really liked that one.
Old 29th November 2020, 09:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

My Favourite is The Thirteenth Reunion.
Old 29th November 2020, 12:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
My Favourite is The Thirteenth Reunion.
Plus Children of the Full Moon and Witching Time.

I also love And the Walls Come Tumbling Down. (HHOM&S)
Old 29th November 2020, 03:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

sharp_3256372b.jpg
SHARPE'S WATERLOO (1997)

1815. War again as Napoleon returns from Elba.
Sharpe finds himself a Lieutenant colonel at Waterloo under the orders of Prince William Of Orange. Sharpe is in command at the farmhouse of La Haye Sainte.
Both he and Harper hope to finally see Napoleon.

Great end to the original series. The battle at La Haye Sainte includes the real life moments when a French drummer boy was spared and a moment from the classic painting where the gates are held shut.

Excellent series.

Like this? Share it using the links below!