All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2021, 03:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Tinder Box (1959)

A delightful East German fantasy film directed by Siegfried Hartmann that was shown by the BBC as part of their Tales from Europe in the early seventies.

Based on the fairy-tale by Hans Christian Anderson it tells of a soldier who is directed towards three chests of gold and a tinder box by a witch. He squanders the money with numerous leech like hangers on, then the three large dogs appear...

Beautiful colours and costumes add to the fairytale qualities of this charming folk tale.

The Network dvd looks splendid if anyone's interested. Found on the collection Tales From Europe along with The Singing Ringing Tree.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tales-from-europe.jpg (99.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 19th February 2021, 04:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I did think about watching The Trump Show but thought it would be too heavily biased against him because that's what the BBC seemed to be like throughout his term.

I did find it amusing that despite him being the most aggressive and confrontational president in living memory he's the only one that didn't go to war.

Anyway
I think it's as balanced as you can get without having contributions from Donald Trump and his immediate family. As you have seen from my post, most of the contributors are those who have worked with him/for him and are Republicans. There's loads of footage of Donald Trump which shows that any allegations or statements made are based on fact, so are not unfounded or malicious. It's worth four hours of your time.
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season two of Hannibal , just as good as the first with some fantastic kills , A lot of focus on the bizarre co-dependecy relationship between Will and Hannibal which boarders on the homoerotic . Think this show is having a negative effect each time Hannibal makes a meal I keep thinking that looks tasty what does human flesh taste like !

Watched season 6-9 of cheers. Highlights these seasons are the introduction of Rebecca , her attempts to get a rich husband in the form of two billionaires, Frasiers marriage to Lilith and the birth of there son Frederick, the death of Carla's husband , Norman trying to run a painting business , Cliff finding love , Sam getting the bar back ( as he sold it after Diane left him, and bought a boat which sank)and trying to have a child with Rebecca and Woody meeting his wife too be Kelly.

Just two season left and then onto Frasier.

Last edited by trebor8273; 22nd February 2021 at 08:22 PM.
Old 24th February 2021, 08:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tribes of Europa

A German show, dubbed or original way with just subtitles are available,

A post-apocalypse set in 2074. After what was classed as black Friday when the end of 2029 the power of the world shut down causing society to go back to the dark ages and live of the land and survive by belonging to a tribe, war rages between the Tribes that have emerged from the wreckage of Europe.
Especially the crows who are the most powerful and feared of them all,
Everyone knows where they're based but no one knows how to find them or get into their territory, main storyline concentrated with Three siblings from the peaceful Origine tribe who are separated and forced to go their own paths after the crows attack them because a aircraft was shot down and everyone wants the black box that the pilot had because that seems to be the answer behind black Friday and one of the Origine tribe has the black box
Very well made and a show that keeps you watching, I started watching the first episode and before I knew it flew through the entire series in one day, 6 episodes 45min long, Role on season 2.
Old 26th February 2021, 12:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Started watching Lucifer about 3 weeks ago, thoroughly enjoyed first 2 series, fun entertaining decent storyline etc, so I thought why it taken me so long to watch this series, so we flew through it about 3 episodes a day, but series 3 I'm kinda losing interest, I feel there so many things wrong with it, at times it's gets a tadge daft and silly, felt they change the characters a little as well to not how they were in first 2 series, I'm getting bored with constant feelings towards each other and are they going to hit it off or not or at least tell each other how they really feel it's getting repetitive and dragged out, sometimes I feel as if they don't know where to go with some storylines and others are just there as gap fillers, in first 2 series Charlotte was a women with his mum trapped inside he casted his mum out and Charlotte become human again, then she wasn't in it for few episode, they brought her back but just as a normal person, unless there more of her for a reason then I feel it was pointless bringing her back and again just to fill in storylines and gaps, I've read reviews about it and apparently people have complained about series 3 and since it's gone to Netflix it's improved and got better, which I'm glad because I'm about to give up on it.
Old 28th February 2021, 10:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wandavision

At a mates behest, I perused this series. After 3 episodes, I'm ... intrigued. It's nice to see Paul Bettany etc. I know nothing about the source material, so cannot comment on that.
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st March 2021, 06:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wandavision

Do I say more here? It certainly surprised me at places. Recommended?? Hmmm.
Onto ....

The Stand

And still it's rushed. Certain elements are taken for granted. A particular cameo made me stop and laugh like a drain for 5 minutes. He doesn't wear the hat?!?!?!? Ahem. I'll say less for saying more, 2 episodes to go and meh tbh.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st March 2021, 08:12 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Tinder Box (1959)

A delightful East German fantasy film directed by Siegfried Hartmann that was shown by the BBC as part of their Tales from Europe in the early seventies.

Based on the fairy-tale by Hans Christian Anderson it tells of a soldier who is directed towards three chests of gold and a tinder box by a witch. He squanders the money with numerous leech like hangers on, then the three large dogs appear...

Beautiful colours and costumes add to the fairytale qualities of this charming folk tale.

The Network dvd looks splendid if anyone's interested. Found on the collection Tales From Europe along with The Singing Ringing Tree.
I wish I'd have seen this post last week, I would have ordered it from the sale! Sounds good. Have you watched the other one yet?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st March 2021, 09:28 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I wish I'd have seen this post last week, I would have ordered it from the sale! Sounds good. Have you watched the other one yet?
Oh yes, The Singing Ringing Tree is a true gem. I watched that over Christmas.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 1st March 2021, 10:02 AM
Cult Veteran

It's only £6 I might even order it full price

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!