Like Tree13831Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2021, 12:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cats, maaaybe

Stay safe!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th April 2021, 12:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
No, we still await The Winds Of Winter ... whenever he be arsed to finish it ahem.
I honestly think that he's scared of the backlash now... The ending of GoT TV show was rushed and we all know it, the final arc could have worked if there was time given to let it grow naturally, instead we had all of the character development flipped on it's head for an unsatisfying ending. Yes I'm still salty and I have literally lost all enthusiasm I had for the series.

If he ever publishes the last books though I will read them, I really enjoyed the book series. If he hasn't finished during a year of pandemic related lockdowns I don't think he's ever going to finish it. Stephen King has published about 10 books (at least) since the last GoT book came out
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th April 2021, 09:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Why not use it as a chance of redemption then? Do away with the horrible memory of that last series anyhow ...

I can dream can't I?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th April 2021, 09:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia. The start of the Brett series. Superb production; looks stunning on Blu ray and Brett and Burke are perfect. On the downside I always found this pretty boring, esp as a first episode, and still do. The story's just not that interesting, and it all hinges on us (and Holmes) supposedly being so impressed by Irene. Yet she don't seem particularly remarkable to me, in her "cleverness". So she rumbles Holmes and takes off. Amazing. His plan was a long shot anyway and she was already paranoid because of so many attempts to steal the photo from her, so what's so extraordinary that she sussed him? It just doesn't work for me. The actress does a good job, but doesn't really live up to the voiceover telling us how stunningly beautiful she is either.
I reckon the Irene in Elementary was more impressive on all counts.
Old 14th April 2021, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia. The start of the Brett series. Superb production; looks stunning on Blu ray and Brett and Burke are perfect. On the downside I always found this pretty boring, esp as a first episode, and still do. The story's just not that interesting, and it all hinges on us (and Holmes) supposedly being so impressed by Irene. Yet she don't seem particularly remarkable to me, in her "cleverness". So she rumbles Holmes and takes off. Amazing. His plan was a long shot anyway and she was already paranoid because of so many attempts to steal the photo from her, so what's so extraordinary that she sussed him? It just doesn't work for me. The actress does a good job, but doesn't really live up to the voiceover telling us how stunningly beautiful she is either.
I reckon the Irene in Elementary was more impressive on all counts.
She was a bit useless wasn't she! The versions of her in Sherlock , the Guy Ritchie films and elementary where all superior in my eyes and all a lot prettier.
iank likes this.
Old 15th April 2021, 06:01 PM
Cult Master

With the talk lately about Peaky Blinders i gave it a go i have to say Sam Neill is fantastic. A fantastic show so far and getting better.
Old 15th April 2021, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
With the talk lately about Peaky Blinders i gave it a go i have to say Sam Neill is fantastic. A fantastic show so far and getting better.
I started it too, only 2 eps in and the 2nd one was much better, will watch another later. Only thing that's bothered me so far was Cillian's brummie accent is a bit wishy washy.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th April 2021, 06:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Only thing that's bothered me so far was Cillian's brummie accent is a bit wishy washy.
Yeah i agree It dips in and out a lot Sam Neill is pretty spot on with his accent.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 15th April 2021, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show!

Speaking of fantastic shows, I’m working my way through Sons of Anarchy again, currently on the season 3 finale, even though I obviously know what happens, it’s still gripping
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th April 2021, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show!

Speaking of fantastic shows, I’m working my way through Sons of Anarchy again, currently on the season 3 finale, even though I obviously know what happens, it’s still gripping
Never seen either, so many shows I just haven’t seen,
Breaking bad
Lost
GOT .

Like this? Share it using the links below!