Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2021, 09:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching Allo Allo just finished season one, another show with warnings that it could offend. Even seen people complaining about the portrayal of the French and Germans , but watching it the British are by far portrayed the worst , who come across as a bunch moronic toffs, but hey no one mentions that!
Old 2nd June 2021, 02:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Exorcist.

Capter One: Let My Cry Come Unto Thee.

Housewife Angela Rance believes something is in her house and enlists family Priest Father Tomas to investigate who in turn seeks help from Father Marcus.

Chapter Two: Lupus In Fabula.

A series of rituals killings begin to happen while Father Tomas and Father Marcus begin to understand what is happening to the family.

Chapter Three: Let 'Em In.

Tomas and Marcus seek permission to conduct a exorcism and are given a unexpected answer while Angela's daughter begins to show signs of possession.

Chapter Four:The Moveable Feast.

Tomas receives a unexpected visit from his past while Marcus is sent on a trip to find more answers, while The Rances daughter's cindition goes worse.

Chapter 5: Through My Most Grievous Fault.

As the exorcism begins, secrets come to light and a familiar face to The Rances turn up unexpectedly.

Chapter Six: Star Of The Morning.

With problems during the exorcism, and The Rances daughter disappears, Marcus goes in search for her in the underbelly of the city.

Chapter Seven: Father Of Lies.

Father Marcus tries again to do another exorcism with Sister Bernadette and rid the family of evil.

Chapter Eight: The Griefbearers.

Marcus, Sister Bernadette and Angela try to rid the evil, believing they have been successful a new evil slowly merges.

Chapter Nine: 162.

With a new threat coming over Marcus tries to find his faith while Tomas is given a new oppertunity.

Chapter Ten: Three Rooms.

With the pope visiting the city a evil surfaces, while the family try to do battle with the demon in a final showdown.

This series was awesome, in the first episodes you can see the makers making some homage to the 1973 film, I never jumped while watching the film but there was a few good unexpected jump scenes, the acting from the first episode to the last was great even with a few twists added in were nicely done and real good tense moments.

hqdefault.jpg

Now Onto Season Two
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Been watching Allo Allo just finished season one, another show with warnings that it could offend. Even seen people complaining about the portrayal of the French and Germans , but watching it the British are by far portrayed the worst , who come across as a bunch moronic toffs, but hey no one mentions that!
People complained at the time.

The makers responded that they were merely making fun of Secret Army, another BBC production with a silghtly more serious tone toward the subject, though it rather fun to watch the stern elder show in tandem with the panto style "big booobies" version

ahem.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd June 2021, 12:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Exorcist: Season Two.

Janus:

Tomas and Marcus try to help a young woman who is possessed in Montana, while on a isolated island a foster home owned and run by Andy, becomes a target for a malevolent spirit while trying to convince Rose, a case worker everything is well.

Safe as Houses.

Tomas and Marcus try to complete Cindy's exorcism and prove to her family she is possessed. Father Bennett believes the Vatican has been compromised by evil and sets out to find help from someone called Mouse.

Unclean.

Tomas and Marcus believe a girl is possessed in Seattle and uncover something strange. Father Bennett has tracked down Mouse who is looking for answers from Sister Delores who is possessed.

One For Sorrow.

Tomas and Marcus arrive at the foster home, Andy receives a new edition to foster home and soon things aren't what they seem to be.

There But For The Grace Of God, Go I.

The malevolent spirit that is targeting Andy's home slowly makes itself known to the two priests who slowly try to figure out how to fight it.

Darling Nikki.

Andy's late wife Nikki is appearing to him but is she there to help? Father Bennett and Mouse track down a member of the order of the Vatican and try to find who has been compromised, only for the member to reveal a secret.

Help Me.

With the ghost has it's set on a target, Marcus and Tomas believe the spirit is one they have never encountered before and try to save the soul of the possessed.

A Heaven Of Hell.

Marcus and Tomas try a new strategy to help the soul of the possessed, Mouse reveals her past and her connection to Marcus and head west to help.

Ritual and Repetition.

Tomas faces a lone battle with the demon while Marcus and Rose try to get the children away from the island, before the demon makes plans for everyone.

Unworthy.

With the exorcism not going well and the demon playing mind games, one of the priests has to make a decision of sacrifice in order to save the possessed person.

This season seemed a bit darker than the previous film only there are more children involved and the devil sending his minions to create a war between good and evil. There is one or two twists in some of the episodes that were unexpected and a nice homage to Exorcist III, to which was meant to be added in to season 3, unfortunately it was cancelled and left on a cliffhanger. The acting in this is superb from everyone which makes it more suspenseful and the creators knew how to deliver a good series from a classic horror novel and film.

Exorcist_Backplate_Layered_hires1.jpg
Old 3rd June 2021, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Big Bang Theory: Season One.

Pilot

Sheldon and Leonard are non social physicists, with two friends Howard, a sociable engineer who is a womaniser and Raj who is a astrophysicist who can't talk to women. Their new neighbour Penny slowly becomes part of their circle of friends while Leonard feels he has found his new love.

The Big Bran Hypothesis.

Penny is expecting a parcel and leaves a key, inside her flat Sheldon decides she needs help to keep a clean apartment and decides to go in at night while Penny is asleep which angers her.

The Fuzzy Boots Corollary]

Seeing Penny with a new boyfriend, Leonard feels upset and tries to trick Penny to go out to dinner with him.

The Luminous Fish Effect

The gang meet their new boss which results in Sheldon being fired, Sheldon begins to try new things which worries Leonard and he calls up Sheldon's mother for help.

The Hamburger Postulate

The boys try a new place to dine, while Leonard is seduced by work colleague Leslie Winkle who is Sheldon''s nemesis.

The Middle Earth Paradigm

The boys are invited to Penny's halloween party and get into a confrontation with Penny's ex Kurt.

The Dumpling Paradox

Penny's friend arrives and is quickly met by Howard which leaves the guys at a loss, to which Penny shows she can play Halo with the boys.

The Grasshopper Experiment

Raj parent's set him up on a date but how can he talk to women until he realises he can while under the influence of alcohol that doesn't go well.

The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization

Leonard and Sheldon are offered to talk about a paper they both done, but Sheldon refuses to do it leaving Leonard to think how it would knock his friendship with Sheldon.

The Loobenfeld Decay

The boys are invited to watch Penny perform on stage, leading to a lie from Leonard, Sheldon steps in and creates a new lie that doesn't backfire.

The Pancake Batter Anomaly

Code Milky Green, Leonard, Howard and Raj know what that means but Penny doesn't, Sheldon becomes ill leaving Penny to care for Sheldon and we are introduced to Soft Kitty song.

The Jerusalem Duality

Sheldon becomes jealous as a 15 year old prodigy is taking the limelight away from him and becomes annoying, the gang decide to get rid of him.

The Bat Jar Conjecture

The Physics superbowl team are needed for a quiz, Sheldon becomes annoying that the gang kick him off his team and decide to get Leslie to join them going head to head with Sheldon and his team.

The Nerdvana Annihilation

Leonard and the gang spend $800 on a life size replica of a Time Machine from the 50s movie which infuriates Penny causing her to be late for work and Leonard decides to make changes to his life which the boys try to talk him out of.

The Pork Chop Indeterminacy

Missy, Sheldon's sister makes a visit and the boys hit on her, Raj decides to try a trial drug to help talk to women that has side effects.

The Peanut Reaction

Penny decides to throw Leonard a party, in order to sort it out Howard has to get Leonard out of the flat which involves a visit to the hospital.

The Tangerine Factor

Penny and her boyfriend break up badly which helps Leonard to ask her out on a date.

This was a few hours well spent and shows how quiet my work has been on the first night back after a holiday, after watching this you can tell the writers changed a few things after the seasons go on with Leonard and Sheldon, Sheldon seems a germ a phobe but twice he has no hesitation to shake hands and leonard mentions Sheldon's asthma to which Leonard has asthma in the following seasons. This is still actually funny right from the first episode to the last.

The_Big_Bang_Theory_Season_1.jpg
Old 4th June 2021, 12:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Never seen tv series Thriller from the 70s, youtube has quite a fair few of them so started watching the first one last night.
Old 4th June 2021, 12:40 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Never seen tv series Thriller from the 70s, youtube has quite a fair few of them so started watching the first one last night.
Is that the British anthology series gag? Excellent series if so. I highly recommend the boxset to from Network.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 4th June 2021, 01:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Is that the British anthology series gag? Excellent series if so. I highly recommend the boxset to from Network.

I definitely second it, brilliant tv series
Mojo likes this.
Old 4th June 2021, 01:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post

Naturally i'll third it.

I'd love to watch my box set again but i've just so much to see at the moment.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 4th June 2021, 04:59 PM
Active Cultist

Gods of Snooker BBC 2
I bloody hated snooker when I was a kid. Up until the age of 10 we had one television set in our house and every weekend my dad would watch the most inane, boring shit on Grandstand.
Despite this i really enjoyed this three part documentary about a sport i have no interest in mainly thanks to Alex Hurricane Higgins. I always side with the anti establishment types and Higgins was certainly that.
It's also a good snapshot of the 1980s Britain that I grew up in.

Like this? Share it using the links below!